Batman: Arkham Knight

Spoiler relating to Lars' side-mission

The Man-Bat side mission is quite interesting and completely faithful to the comics/animated series. I spent half an hour hunting it down the second time I needed it, the third time though I just flew into it accidentally.

Post Chemical Plant spoilers

Joker is a fantastic addition, mainly because Mark Hamill brings so much life to the character, but he also represents the part of Batman's (and the player's) psyche that questions if what Batman is doing is correct. He pops up all the time and I can even forgive the occasional jump scare appearances,

And finally 2/3s of the way through the story spoilers

ORACLE! NO! That was just heart-breaking.

Also, make sure you visit the GCPD after every major plot point in the story. The amount of different dialogue that has been recorded is astonishing. Head to the evidence room as well, lots of cool stuff in there from the previous three games.

I'm also glad they acknowledge the events of Origins, considering it wasn't a Rocksteady game they could have quite easily ignored it.

They did an awesome job this game with gong back and mentioning stuff from all of the other games in the Arkham series

I'll be honest, I may have jumped just a touch when Man-Bat made his first appearance, I've gotten the antidote or whatever, I've heard him once since then but not long enough to chase him down, or he was too far away or something...

How far has everyone else gotten in the murder mystery thing? I've seen two bodies but can't seem to find anymore and they don't show up that they've been found, same with the missing firemen story

First spoiler

Yes! I mean it was done SO fucking well. I was on my way to the Orphanage and I grappled on the Vicki Vale building and it just happened with no warning. Same thing for you?

Second spoiler

I found a third body on the new island, after a bit Alfred told me about music near a billboard and then I scanned and saw the body from there. I'm missing a fireman from the first island - last night I just flew around and scanned looking for it. If you get near enough I think you pick up the audio. And I think if you don't get one in a while the police helicopters radio it in.. I think. I dunno.

I've now completed (lots of side mission spoilers):

Penguin's Gun Cache, Two Faces's bank heists, the murder mystery, the Wayne Enterprise hostage situation (which is awesome) and Firefly's arsons. Still looking for Man-Bat one last time, lots of firefighters, lots of tanks, lots of APCs and working my way through Riddler stuff.

The main story continues to be very interesting, I'm still fairly certain of my Arkham Knight deduction but I'm really looking forward to how it gets to that point.

By the way for those who haven't realised, that wheel of missions you get to choose from? That fills up over times with different missions. That's a whole lot of content.

• Like 1

Side-mission spoiler

Anyone done the one with Azael (did I spell that right). Him wanting to become the next Batman! Awesome stuff

I did that one! Well at least the first of it. I'm not sure how I feel since I'm super against anyone but Bruce being Batman, but it heightens my anxiety after the last line of the opening cutscene.

Spoiler relating to Lars' side-mission

The Man-Bat side mission is quite interesting and completely faithful to the comics/animated series. I spent half an hour hunting it down the second time I needed it, the third time though I just flew into it accidentally.

Post Chemical Plant spoilers

Joker is a fantastic addition, mainly because Mark Hamill brings so much life to the character, but he also represents the part of Batman's (and the player's) psyche that questions if what Batman is doing is correct. He pops up all the time and I can even forgive the occasional jump scare appearances,

And finally 2/3s of the way through the story spoilers

ORACLE! NO! That was just heart-breaking.

Also, make sure you visit the GCPD after every major plot point in the story. The amount of different dialogue that has been recorded is astonishing. Head to the evidence room as well, lots of cool stuff in there from the previous three games.

I'm also glad they acknowledge the events of Origins, considering it wasn't a Rocksteady game they could have quite easily ignored it.

They did an awesome job this game with gong back and mentioning stuff from all of the other games in the Arkham series

I'll be honest, I may have jumped just a touch when Man-Bat made his first appearance, I've gotten the antidote or whatever, I've heard him once since then but not long enough to chase him down, or he was too far away or something...

How far has everyone else gotten in the murder mystery thing? I've seen two bodies but can't seem to find anymore and they don't show up that they've been found, same with the missing firemen story

First spoiler

Yes! I mean it was done SO fucking well. I was on my way to the Orphanage and I grappled on the Vicki Vale building and it just happened with no warning. Same thing for you?

Second spoiler

I found a third body on the new island, after a bit Alfred told me about music near a billboard and then I scanned and saw the body from there. I'm missing a fireman from the first island - last night I just flew around and scanned looking for it. If you get near enough I think you pick up the audio. And I think if you don't get one in a while the police helicopters radio it in.. I think. I dunno.

I don't know which building it was but yeah it was pretty much the same thing

Going through and recaptuing those infected with Joker's blood now, just got the one with the bomb attatched to himself... He just couldn't stop laughing

I'm 95% sure of the AK's identity. Put it this way, there's no point explaining that part of the comic mythology if it's not pertinent to the story.

Fun fact I've noticed (general story plot):

Every one of Batman's main field allies (Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Oracle) has managed to get themselves held hostage. Hopeless. No wonder Batman has to save the city by himself.

• Like 2

I'm 95% sure of the AK's identity. Put it this way, there's no point explaining that part of the comic mythology if it's not pertinent to the story.

Fun fact I've noticed (general story plot):

Every one of Batman's main field allies (Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Oracle) has managed to get themselves held hostage. Hopeless. No wonder Batman has to save the city by himself.

The only one anywhere near competent enough to do it is Batman and he's losing his mind...

How're you guys getting through the side quests? I really wish they were just on the map, seems like certain ones require just stumbling across the progress.

Playing on PC, it ain't exactly fun to hover across the map.

Spoiler for toward the end of the main story.

Actually pretty happy to see the Batmobile get ground up by a massive drill. Sick of it.

Bad news. It gets replaced shortly afterwards. I like the damn thing and even I was getting fed up with it.

I'm up to right near the end so here's what twenty million Google searches will tell you already...

The Arkham Knight is...

Jason Todd, aka the second Robin. I guessed correctly after hearing his very first sentence. Unlike the comics Joker simply lied about killing him as opposed to coming back due to an alternate timeline (which makes a million times more sense). They went all out on keeping it a secret by blocking the recording of the entire time after he's revealed until he's defeated.

There's a scene towards the end which may be the most beautifully cinematic cut-scene I've ever seen. So many camera rotations.

Final story mission spoiler

What a bonkers final mission. I absolutely loved Joker's write-out, though. His biggest fear... being forgotten. I had speculated before release that Joker would probably show up in a hallucination scene, but I had no idea he'd be such a huge part of the game. Dude had a crazy amount of dialogue - like most of the people in the game - and I dug the Jason Todd flashbacks bits throughout.

Still have a load of Riddler stuff to complete, but I loved this game from beginning to end. I wasn't sure how Rocksteady would handle such a large amount of characters, especially villains, but they really delivered. Also thought the game was super dark, totally deserving of the M rating, but never enough to where I thought Rocksteady were overdoing it.

Easter egg question/spoiler

With the Metropolis signs, thug chatter, Lex Luthor voicemail, etc., will Rocksteady be developing a Superman series next?

I;m dumb regarding the Gotham is on Fire side-mission:

I've let Firefly escape I thought I had to chase him like Man Bat and take him down

:(

You get the chance to catch Firefly again, you just need to chase him in the Batmobile until his fuel tank runs out. Just look for the burning buildings with black smoke.

I'm doing the post-game stuff now...

Scarecrow and Arkham Knight's replacement as the leader of the militia? DEATHSTROKE!!!

:D

• Like 1