Batman: Arkham Knight

I gotta admit. That last Riddler race in this one was pretty hard. I kept mistiming my steering :(

Also

I always thought Jason Todd was the Arkham Knight. Then three days ago, just as I start playing I told a friend my suspicions and his response was 'Can't be Todd. He's Red Hood.' So I got so puzzled over who it might be. Glad to see I was right in the end XD

I did not, however, call Oracle being alive. That was a shock and a half. Bravo Rocksteady.

Knightfall. And I'm closing in. Got 3 Most Wanteds to do.

If one of those is Riddler though, they can take a flying leap.

It is. I'm at a total of 96.9% completion and I'm 74.1% of the way through the Riddler most wanted, however 50% of that are the Catwoman/Racetrack missions/

Ending spoilers:

Knightfall

Bruce Wayne leaves the Batman mask by the spotlight which self-destructs, heads back to Wayne Manor which (intentionally) explodes when Alfred closes the door. All the press are outside to witness it. There's no indication that Bruce or Alfred survive, but I guess they didn't just blow themselves up.

100% Addition

A few years later Jim Gordon has been elected mayor, Tim Drake (Robin) and Barbara Gordon are getting married. A wealthy couple and their young son walk out of the Monarch Theatre where they get met by criminals who attack them. A shadowy, Batman-like figure perches on a building and leaps at them, but it looks more like a Fear Toxin version of Batman than an actual person.

Also the credits have Mark Hamill singing with a background of pictures from the stories of Asylum, City and Knight so stick around to listen to that.

It's the first game I've 100%ed since Arkham Asylum and probably one of the best games I've ever played.

EDIT: Just found out this amazing Easter Egg for the ending:

Julian Day, aka Calendar Man, can be seen lurking in the crowd of reporters outside Wayne Manor. This fulfils his promise to Batman in Arkham City that he "was there at your beginning and will be there at your end". Attention to detail is my favourite thing.

• Like 3

Update...

Sitting on activating the Knightfall Protocall, but I've only reached the minimum 8... I really want to get 100% as I usually don't play games long enough to do so... My biggest problem is going to be Riddler... I've only got 12 of the riddles so far...

I don't think I need to spoiler this - getting through the Riddler tasks is a bitch. I think it took me 8-10 hours just to collect all the trophies, get the riddles, and destroy the destroyables.

Thankfully the riddles do at least give you the Gotham City Stories which are quite interesting to read, particularly the ones about characters from City/Asylum who aren't featured this time around.

I can't find the last bomb thing in Campaign for Disarmament on Bleake

:(

Obviously I don't know which ones you've done but try the canal system (I think it's in the north). That was where my last one was as there's no need to go there during the game otherwise.

New Game Plus spoiler

Just got absolutely jump scared to oblivion. Remember right at the start where you press the button to manually create Joker? Well this time HE WAKES THE FUCK UP. Seriously thought I'd gone mad. He screams in pain then subsides to the flames, not before saying/changing Gordon's line "This is hot it happened, this is how the Joker died.".

Thought I'd try and compile a list of deaths in the Arkham series, Knight main game and DLC spoilers included.

Joker - Died after contracting a fatal illness due to a Titan overdose. Lost his chance at a cure after trying to stab Batman who dropped the cure.

Black Mask - Killed by Red Hood in the Arkham Knight DLC pack.
Bruce Wayne/Batman - "Killed" as part of the Knightfall protocol. Highly unlikely...
Alfred Pennyworth - ... Because Alfred would be dead too and Bruce Wayne wouldn't kill Alfred.
Poison Ivy - Died after sacrificing herself to give the plants the power to remove Scarecrow's fear toxin from Gotham City.
Henry Adams - Shot himself after developing Joker's superiority complex from his blood. Seeing Batman would be a better Joker meant he wanted to "purify the gene pool".
Johnny Charisma/Christina Hill/Albert King - Killed by Henry Adams for not being a pure enough Joker
Jason Todd - Killed by... oh wait, never mind.
Quincy Sharp - Committed suicide in prison after being arrested for creating Arkham City. Hung himself with his bedsheet after an insanity-driven vision of Hugo Strange told him to.
Talia al-Ghul - Shot in the back by Joker. Could always have been revived in a Lazarus pit.
Ra's al-Ghul - Impaled by his own sword in attempt to kill Batman. His body is seemingly with the League of Assassins so resurrection is likely.
Hugo Strange - Killed by Ra's al-Ghul.
Ratcatcher - Killed in between Asylum and City after attempting to run a black market in Arkham City. Penguin caught him and fed him to his pet shark Tiny.
Commissioner Loeb - Gassed by Joker (dressed as Black Mask) at the start of Origins.
Plus various victims of Thomas "Hush" Elliott, Professor Pyg, Deadshot, Red Hood etc.

You just play through the story again but with all the EXP, gadgets, upgrades etc. you had from your first game. It's also much harder. I'm not going to complete it again (yet at least), I just started it up for a brief moment of reminiscing.

Apparently WB Montreal, makers of Arkham Origins, are hiring a team to start work on a new game. Just because Rocksteady are done doesn't mean there won't be any more Arkham games as WB own all the rights and game engines...

• Like 1

Not sure if this should be a spoiler since it contains in-game characters, but I'll make it one just in case

I dunno how I feel about another, the way this one will be ending honestly, unless they do it with like Nightwing or Robin carrying on or something...

Edited by ChrisO

Or all the Superman references aren't just a red herring. I'd love a game where they get a lot of DC heroes together. I can't see how a Superman game in itself could work as there's not a whole lot of fun playing as an unbeatable force.

• Like 1

I mentioned the other day to a friend, I would /love/ to see Rocksteady go for Metropolis next, solely because I'd love to see how you make a video game with Superman that isn't entirely broken.

You just play through the story again but with all the EXP, gadgets, upgrades etc. you had from your first game. It's also much harder. I'm not going to complete it again (yet at least), I just started it up for a brief moment of reminiscing.

Apparently WB Montreal, makers of Arkham Origins, are hiring a team to start work on a new game. Just because Rocksteady are done doesn't mean there won't be any more Arkham games as WB own all the rights and game engines...

Except Montreal confirmed it's a new IP.

I don't really want a game with Superman and so on, because he's so overpowered there's no way to do it well, but there's plenty of street level heroes they could expand on. A Suicide Squad game would be pretty sweet, select a hero and each has a different combat style.

Saying that, whilst I'm pretty okay with this being the last Arkham game, I'd kind of love to see more modern Batman story adaptions. Court of Owls would make for a fantastic villain group for a Batman game. It'd just be nice to see some newer villains get represented rather than the same played out four or five guys that have been in every one of these games.

It's why Mr. Freeze was the absolute highlight of City for me.

Edited by TKzo Amore

Finding the Evidence Room was an excellent trip down memory lane and a great way to figure out how I was going to solve some Riddler puzzles. Posting this out of spoilers because.. well I don't really think it's a spoiler. If you're not scouring you might miss a tool that's essential for some puzzles.

Speaking of that if, like me, you suck at finding obvious things that aren't pointed out to you by the game, the Freeze Grenades from Arkham City are on the table inside the main room of the movie studios.

Y'know, where Robin is looking after the Joker affected people.