Brooklyn Nine-Nine

livid

• 4 weeks later...

It's too bad there's only 3 episodes left of The Good Place this season.

NBC's Thursday night comedy block used to be the highlight of the week. At one point they had The Office, Parks and Rec, Community and 30 Rock. So good.

• Like 2

I forget there's still a bunch of good comedy on TV, but at the same time it's like the funny stuff all got shifted to ABC somehow (the Goldbergs, Speechless, Fresh off the Boat, oh and Modern Family is there too I guess) but yeah, NBC used to have the most amazing Thursday night comedy block. Wasn't that a staple for them for like a decade, going all the way back to Seinfeld and stuff?

Yeah NBC dominated Thursday nights for around 20 years. The Cosby Show, Cheers, Night Court, Family Ties, L.A. Law, ER, Friends, Seinfeld, Mad About You, Frasier, Wings, Will & Grace. It wasn't until Friends and Frasier went off in the same year that things really went bad. Of course they replaced the comedy block with The Apprentice  for a couple years and shifted all the other good comedies around so much it was hard to keep track of. And of course Joey bombed.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, livid said:

This week's episode might be its best? 

Meeeeoooowwwwww!!!

I don't want to go too hyperbolic but you could be right. 

I marked out when I saw who they cast as young flattop. 

• 1 month later...