Brooklyn Nine-Nine

livid

There's genuine concern that because of low ratings this will be the last season of the show, despite the fact that its critical reviews are some of the highest for any sitcom  ever.

Television politics suck.

The best hope is the Parks and Rec blueprint (ironic given the show creator) in that NBC have nothing in the pipeline to replace it, therefore renew it just because they sort of have to.

2 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

There's genuine concern that because of low ratings this will be the last season of the show, despite the fact that its critical reviews are some of the highest for any sitcom  ever.

The best hope is the Parks and Rec blueprint (ironic given the show creator) in that NBC have nothing in the pipeline to replace it, therefore renew it just because they sort of have to.

Don't tell me that :(

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

From what I understand is that Fox already has a few shows in the pipeline that they want to slot into that Sunday night comedy block to replace it already.

Fox's comedies tend to suck, though, so I'm not optimistic and don't want B99 gone (especially because of Holt and Rosa), ABC in comparison is absolutely killing it.

I say this as someone who still watches the Simpsons (and have a huge collection of Simpsons stuff, so I'm one of the biggest Simpsons supporters there is) and still watch Family Guy, and I don't know how good the ratings are for either show, but Simpsons is in its 29th season, Family Guy is in its 16th, and who knows how many more seasons each show will get, but they're possibly going to cancel Brooklyn Nine-Nine (which is consistently a lot funnier than either imo) in its 5th season? That is messed up and I hope its not true.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Maxx said:

NBC Universal will probably shop it around, so it could end up on Hulu, where its already streaming in the US.

it's on netflix over here, dunno if they could go after it?

• Like 2

One saving grace in this is that the producers clearly saw this was possible and have been building to a proper happy ending if this is it.

Of course, if the last episode is in the can, it’s entirely possible that the series ends on the usual season-ending cliffhanger.

1 minute ago, K said:

Do The Mindy Project or A Handmaid’s Tale sir over there in any capacity? If so, that means Hulu picking it up won’t keep you from seeing it.

Of course, that’s all very premature.

2 minutes ago, K said:

They could, but they seem more into producing their own new content.   Hulu has ties to Fox and Comcast, who own NBC/Universal so if its going to a streaming platform, that seems like its the most likely one.  

23 minutes ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

One saving grace in this is that the producers clearly saw this was possible and have been building to a proper happy ending if this is it.

Of course, if the last episode is in the can, it’s entirely possible that the series ends on the usual season-ending cliffhanger.

Do The Mindy Project or A Handmaid’s Tale sir over there in any capacity? If so, that means Hulu picking it up won’t keep you from seeing it.

Of course, that’s all very premature.

I do hope it gets a proper ending, I hate when shows get cancelled in the middle of a big story.

The Mindy Project was airing on E4 over here, not sure if it still does. Never watched The Handmade's Tale but I thought it was on Amazon Prime or something. Might be wrong.