Serious Parody PSN Game

Naitch

It's been rated 166 times, but that's not really an indication of sales as much as how many people have taken the time to rate it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wrestling-manager/id465946596?mt=8

I just looked it up and it's only £2.99 now, has a shocking amount of good reviews with in app purchases being the main complaint. Can't see how many, but 129 have left reviews.

Also he so should have kept the name Randal Norton.

• Like 1

For all you people interested in an update, I've just searched it now:

Price is currently £2.49 (don't know about in dollars)

The description has been updated and it has won the Calling Spots Magazine (never heard of it) 'Best Wrestling App Award' the validity of which I can't confirm.

Apparently there's a quote from Bleacher Report calling it "The best there is!"

They openly acknowledge that they don't have a WWE license.

There have been 129 reviews, so I can only assume that people have actually paid for it or he's made a lot of fake accounts. They score across the board, mostly 5s and then 4s and 1s are fairly close.

EDIT: Loads of people posted whilst I was writing that. The stuff I just posted is based off what my phone just told me.

Edited by JeriCodeBreaker

Can I just say depending on reviews on its released I will look at grabbing it on PS3 if there are some positive views.

Can I just say that you are insane.

I mean, if you want to waste your money on a complete and utter piece of shit that is overpriced and is basically a scam to get people to pay for overpriced DLC that should be included with the game in the first place. This isn't a case of the WWE releasing DLC after the fact because some guys missed the cut off point to be included in the game. These guys are going to put out a reallllllllllllly shitty game, hope some suckers buy the DLCs and laugh all the way to the bank with your money.

By all means... buy the game. But we will probably all laugh at your poor decision.

My poor decision to wait to see independent review to make a decision rather than an out right decision based on early information. I have been following the development and personally I think the ideas they are trying to do could be sound game I'm just not into the parody part of their package, and there is not much info on how the DLC will work and be priced, plus the WWE DLC is on the disc yet they still have you pay for the game and then pay to get access to the content on the disc.

Not sure on that on disc thing, granted some downloads are only 108kb which is an indicator of an unlock key but they're for , in 14's case, Warrior and some version of the Undertaker. Warrior was a pre-order bonus and I assume Undertaker was a bonus with that Phenom edition so those are understandable. All the other downloads are in the region of 120-150mb.

• Like 1

Can I just say depending on reviews on its release I will look at grabbing it on PS3 if there are some positive views.

You're genuinely interested in this? At that price? :huh:

In that case, could I interest you in some magic beans?

• Like 4

Can I just say depending on reviews on its released I will look at grabbing it on PS3 if there are some positive views.

Can I just say that you are insane.

I mean, if you want to waste your money on a complete and utter piece of shit that is overpriced and is basically a scam to get people to pay for overpriced DLC that should be included with the game in the first place. This isn't a case of the WWE releasing DLC after the fact because some guys missed the cut off point to be included in the game. These guys are going to put out a reallllllllllllly shitty game, hope some suckers buy the DLCs and laugh all the way to the bank with your money.

By all means... buy the game. But we will probably all laugh at your poor decision.

My poor decision to wait to see independent review to make a decision rather than an out right decision based on early information. I have been following the development and personally I think the ideas they are trying to do could be sound game I'm just not into the parody part of their package, and there is not much info on how the DLC will work and be priced, plus the WWE DLC is on the disc yet they still have you pay for the game and then pay to get access to the content on the disc.

Do you wanna know how DLC works?

The game is going to be pretty bare bones at a price point of $20-30 dollars. If they are including only 8 wrestlers, do you think they are going to include a shit load of moves? Hell no! They are going to sell them as DLC! Do you think they'll have lots of match types? Hell no! They are going to sell them as DLC. And so forth. Every aspect of the game will be expanded upon by DLC.

Their DLC price points were insane for Wrestling Manager. This will be the exact same.

If you buy this game, you are wasting your money, not because it is a bad product. I mean, it'll be a bad product, for sure. But you'll be insane because they already put out a so-so wrestling game at a questionable price point with insane DLC prices.

Can I just say depending on reviews on its release I will look at grabbing it on PS3 if there are some positive views.

You're genuinely interested in this? At that price? :huh:

In that case, could I interest you in some magic beans?

Please rush me those magic beans! Yes, I am over 18, although my IQ isn't.

I will most likly keep an eye for when it gets put on sale, all I'm saying is parts of it interest me mostly in regards to game mechanics so if that is solid as described I could be purchasing.

There are parts of most every game that appeal to me. VATS was awesome in Fallout 3, shame that I found the rest of the game an unimmersive mess.

Once you get sick of the guy failing to do a powerbomb because you bashed his leg with a chair, all you're left with is just...the worst animations in wrestling game history. This is NOT REAL - everyone should look amazing when they "sell" in the game. Instead they all sell like the Great Khali. Worse, in fact. Ponder that briefly. These characters sell worse than the Great Khali, and their ability to look like they've been punched is ENTIRELY AT THE WHIM OF THE DEVELOPER.

For all you people interested in an update, I've just searched it now:

Price is currently £2.49 (don't know about in dollars)

The description has been updated and it has won the Calling Spots Magazine (never heard of it) 'Best Wrestling App Award' the validity of which I can't confirm.

Apparently there's a quote from Bleacher Report calling it "The best there is!"

They openly acknowledge that they don't have a WWE license.

There have been 129 reviews, so I can only assume that people have actually paid for it or he's made a lot of fake accounts. They score across the board, mostly 5s and then 4s and 1s are fairly close.

EDIT: Loads of people posted whilst I was writing that. The stuff I just posted is based off what my phone just told me.

http://callingspots.com/

Issue 6 – It’s Pink and has Lance Storm on the front cover

I'm not sure what excites me more, to be truthful.

Buy the latest Calling Spots Fanzine for just £2 plus p&p. Just think….you could be the envy of at least six of your mates by picking up a copy of our brand new wrestling ‘zine for less than it costs to get a cup of designer coffee.

Our team are all adults so some of our content is over 16s only.

I don't have 6 mates. :(

Edited by The Rabbitman