NCAA Football 2014 Thread

I really, REALLY hate Thursday night games being an FSU fan. I said it more than once that it was a trap game and holy hell did they do everything possible to try and make it happen. True freshmen getting it done though ... freaking awesome. It reminded me of the 90's when they'd just keep rolling guys out there that were just as good or better than the guys they were replacing. Scary talent on that team. Jimbo has done an amazing job recruiting.

While I'm not confident in this team against any of 7 or 8 that are in the mix right now, I'm quite liking what I'm seeing from them as they continue to come back from shit play in the first half or simply being outplayed. These are young guys making plays and getting unbelievable time on the field in situations that make or break top talent. These guys are gaining trust in their coaches and belief in themselves. Those two things can't be taught and are invaluable for a team that wants to be national champion.

Wow...what a terrible way to lose for Ole Miss. Star receiver Laquon Treadwell appeared to be running in the go-ahead (and potentially game-winning) TD catch but suffered a gruesome leg injury going into the end zone. As he was tended to and ultimately stretchered off the replay showed he fumbled at the 3 yard line upon getting hurt and it was recovered by Auburn. TD reversed, Auburn gets the ball, Ole Miss' playoff hopes over.

They were likely screwed without Treadwell anyway but MAN...that's a gut wrencher.

Very fun weekend.

ND won, but they lost starting LB Joe Schmidt for the rest of the season with a dislocated AND fractured ankle. Not good heading into a match up with Arizona State.

Speaking of that match up, we have some elimination games this week:

TCU vs KState (happy with either really)

ND vs AzState

OhState vs MichState

... and some key match ups that can eliminate some people:

Bama vs LSU (LSU can really shake things up and help themselves out with a win here ... they'd be the strongest looking 2 loss team out there IMO)

Baylor vs Oklahoma

Oregon vs Utah

Auburn gets A&M ..... which I doubt will be an issue, but A&M at least has the offensive ability to upset them. Just wish it was at Kyle Field.

Nebraska gets Wisconsin in a match up that will either really help Nebraska, or put Wisconsin in the mix of top 2 loss teams depending on how many of the 1 loss brigade falls.

.... and of course Marshall is still undefeated :pervert:

Joe Paterno got what he deserved; dying knowing full well that everyone knew about his cover-up.

I'm not as confident in my games this week as I am most weeks. This weekend is a tough slate.

I took West Virginia favored by four at Texas.

Washington underdog by six home against UCLA.

Baylor underdog by six at Oklahoma.

And LSU underdog by seven at home against 'Bama.

The only one of those I don't really like is Washington at UCLA, though that really depends on which UCLA shows up. The team that beat up the Arizona schools, then they win by more than six. The team that started the year and lost to Utah? It could go either way.

WVU should win by at least a TD against the Horns.

Baylor at the Sooners is iffy, but they should be able to keep it within a TD.

LSU vs Bama shouldn't be a TD game either way.