NCAA Football 2014 Thread

Really? That Iowa team is hot garbage.

Iowa is always a good football team. Yeah, they cycle through having athletes that give 'em a shot at the OhSt's etc of the conference but they are always a quality team. Even a "hot garbage" Iowa team wins 7 games and beats someone in a bowl. I mean this team is certainly better than '11-'12 ... but my point was about how Minnesota just flat out kicked their ass. Even in '12 (their worst season by far in the last 10) they didn't have this happen but once and that was @ Michigan.

Melvin Gordon is fucking ridiculous. Not much more to be said.

Bama winning was fully expected. Unless they lose in the Iron Bowl I'd say they're pretty much a guarantee for a playoff spot now. I hate Saban but sometimes I think it's pointless to root against them. With the amount of talent they bring in each year we're probably years away from them ever having to worry about playing in some gimmicky lower tier bowl.

Apparently Gordon put up those yards in just 3 quarters as well.

FSU should have lost that game. Yet again, they were outplayed and grabbed victory from the jaws of defeat. If TCU didn't almost shit the bed against Kansas I'd peg the Noles to drop to 4th.

Also it's being reported that Muschamp is to be let go at the end of the season, with yesterday's game being the final straw. And I think Al Golden might have needed that win against FSU to keep his job safe. Very real scenario of Michigan, Florida, and The U all being open jobs.

I'm putting a lot on them going hard at Dan Mullen. They're a year late on Charlie Strong so might as well get the other Urban assistant.

Michigan is Jim Harbaugh's job to turn down.

Miami is the real question mark for me. They're still The U no matter how rough the last decade has been for them. It's just a matter of finding the right coach to bring them back to that glory.

FSU should have lost that game. Yet again, they were outplayed and grabbed victory from the jaws of defeat. If TCU didn't almost shit the bed against Kansas I'd peg the Noles to drop to 4th.

Also it's being reported that Muschamp is to be let go at the end of the season, with yesterday's game being the final straw. And I think Al Golden might have needed that win against FSU to keep his job safe. Very real scenario of Michigan, Florida, and The U all being open jobs.

Yet again they were outplayed in the first half. Not all game, not by a long shot. They completely flipped the script in the 2nd half.

Only undefeated power 5 team left .... gonna be hard to drop them any further than 2, I don't care what anyone else is doing.

I also don't see how Golden is out at Miami. They've been playing good football and have "miami" talent starting to come back to the program. He said he'd need time and they said they'd give it too him. Not sure why anyone thinks he's out. Miami NEEDS Golden in charge for a while, even if he doesn't win. "The U" is a myth right now, just like A&M's Wrecking Crew defense.

Now, Muschamp .... wow guy, stick to the DC ..... It would be surreal to see UF and MICH open just after seeing TX, USC, FSU, NEB and a few others the last five years. Crazy.

At least now we an all forget about ND :pervert:

TCU will never get to play for a national title. I hate Jamis Winston and by extension Florida State, but its ridiculous that they're the only undefeated team in the Top 10 and can only come in at #3.