NCAA Football 2014 Thread

I found out that I get Big Ten Network with my current cable company. This is great news as I now wont have to worry about missing as many Michigan or Michigan State games. Funny that college football is the easiest sport for me to access out here, as far as hometown teams go. I'm sure I'll get plenty of MSU games nationally broadcasted out here, and probably a few Michigan games (OSU, Notre Dame, and MSU will likely be nation wide) but it's good to know I'll be able to see them all considering I haven't watched a Pistons or Tigers game in Vegas unless the Tigers make the playoffs. The Lions occasionally get broadcast out here, but it's hit and miss. Eh, I'm not even a huge college football guy like the rest of you, but it's nice to have that little slice of home for the fall and winter. I mean I love college football, but I don't know shit beyond MSU/U of M even if I watch it all year.

Hell, I know more about college players in April/May in preparation for the draft than I would watching it all through the fall/winter months.

Notre Dame and Ohio State just announced a home-and-home series for the 2022 and 2023 series.

So Notre Dame has a Texas home-and-home in 2015 and 2016. A Georgia home-and-home in 2018 and 2019. And now an Ohio State home-and-home in 2022 and 2023.

That's on top of the guaranteed USC, Stanford, Navy, and Michigan State games. Along with the five ACC games every year.

We're scheduling like it's the 1980's again... :unsure:

• Like 1

Didn't catch any of the first week's games as I was moving into my new place but gonna order the full sports package for the NCAA and NFL this weekend and on. Pretty excited to veg into my couch for two days and just watch/bet on football all fall/winter.

Notre Dame and Ohio State just announced a home-and-home series for the 2022 and 2023 series.

So Notre Dame has a Texas home-and-home in 2015 and 2016. A Georgia home-and-home in 2018 and 2019. And now an Ohio State home-and-home in 2022 and 2023.

That's on top of the guaranteed USC, Stanford, Navy, and Michigan State games. Along with the five ACC games every year.

No room for Michigan, but there is for Ohio St ? Talk about rubbing it in ...

... and speaking of MICH, one time 5* WR recruit George Campbell has just decided on FSU !

Also, good show on UTSA last night against 'Zona.

• Like 1

No room for Michigan, but there is for Ohio St ? Talk about rubbing it in ...

Not only that, but we announced it three days before the Michigan game. :lol:

• Like 2

Looking forward to watching that game tomorrow night! I'm a huge Michigan fan and was actually lucky enough to have been to Ann Arbor and the Big House twice. One was the epic and legendary upset by Div. II Appalachian State

I'm still confused as all what is happening at Texas. They still have Texas high school talent/players there. I guess the whole culture inside the locker room is beyond fucked. It makes sense on why Strong kicked so many guys off the team. Mack Brown was too jolly to control the atmosphere down there, I guess.

I can't figure it out. My friend and I were talking about it. Until about 2-3 years ago every kid in the state would go to Texas if they got an offer, that suddenly changed almost overnight and A&M as well as Baylor are poaching a ton of talent. Brown really did fuck over the program for at least a few years, and Strong has a lot more work to do fixing the current culture as well as getting recruits to come back to the University than he would have had he, hypothetically, come into the job before A&M went to the SEC and Griffin won the Heisman.

I can't figure it out. My friend and I were talking about it. Until about 2-3 years ago every kid in the state would go to Texas if they got an offer, that suddenly changed almost overnight and A&M as well as Baylor are poaching a ton of talent. Brown really did fuck over the program for at least a few years, and Strong has a lot more work to do fixing the current culture as well as getting recruits to come back to the University than he would have had he, hypothetically, come into the job before A&M went to the SEC and Griffin won the Heisman.

More like 5-6 years ago ... but what you've pinpointed is one of the things that formed an iceberg that ripped through Texas.

Griffin, Manzeil, Luck .... went to play elsewhere (and absolutely would have been a 'Horn if Mack would've even farted at them) and we all know how that worked out for Baylor/ATM/Stanford. Then you've got the explosion of Baylor in general, ATM finally dropping their nuts after decades of warning Texas and telling them to rightly fuck off (thus joining the SEC), and the absolute LOLtastrophy that was the Longhorn power play with conference realignment and indirectly the Longhorn Network.

It's a whole pot of fuck you down there right now. I do feel that they have the right man in place. I just don't feel he'll get the 5 years he (anyone) needs to turn that crap back around.

Oh, and the ACC went 11-1 ... only losing to themselves (pitt beating bc)