NCAA Football 2014 Thread

They ran a scrimmage against themselves during the week where they just kept fumbling the ball at their respective 1 yard lines and running it back for 98 yards for 27 straight minutes! The same play, non stop for half an hour!

• Like 1

What in the name of deus ex machina have the litany of Arizona teams of years past that have never been to the rose Bowl that you don't have to play got to do with the Arizona team of this year you may end up having to play?

I can understand being more worried about Oregon and Stanford, but Arizona ought to wipe the floor with USC. Especially at home.

Arizona is always massively hyped, and never, ever, fucking does anything. Couple that with Rich Rodriguez, who has a history of being a coach who can build a program to a respectable level with entertaining offensive football, but can't do much beyond that, and even that has only been at lower tier big time schools, and no, I'm not that worried about Arizona.

Could they beat UCLA, given what UCLA has shown this year? Absolutely, I'm not saying they couldn't. Are they really a threat to win the conference, or even the division? No, I don't think so.

I honestly don't know what to expect from USC. Their first team talent is as good as anyone in the nation, and, outside of quarterback, is probably the best in the conference. They have absolutely no depth, and, while Sarkisian is an upgrade as a head coach, he hasn't ever really won anything either, so I could see them beating anyone in the nation, but also losing to any team that has the talent to finish in the top half of a 'Big Five' (Pac-12, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big 10) conference.

NON-EDIT EDIT: Shit, I just took a look at Arizona. They've beaten UTSA, Nevada, and Cal by a combined 14 points. Yeah, 7th best passing attack in the nation, but they've beaten absolutely NO ONE. Why are you convinced that they'll wipe the floor with a USC team that went to Stanford and won on The Farm? Yes, USC lost to BC, but... I don't see it. USC might lose that game, but Arizona is going to get it's head kicked in at Autzen, and has to come to the Rose Bowl. Non-factor.