NCAA Football 2014 Thread

Kyler Murray committed to A&M today. He is the top QB in the 2015 class and goes to Allen High School which, as you might know, built that $60 million stadium that has cracking concrete and cannot be used. But yeah, great job from A&M continuing to smoke the Longhorns in in-state recruiting. Interesting to see how Charlie Strong stops the bleeding.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't it be apt to college students if it were shaped like a beer keg?

• 2 weeks later...

We are a week away from Fall camp opening, at least for Notre Dame.

I'm looking forward to another great season and discussing things with the three of you that pay attention to this wonderful game.

So you're following a new team this season ? :pervert:

Pac-12 is so hard to predict. Even more so than the SEC, if you ask me. Stanford is still going to be tough, but they lost a lot of defensive leadership. Oregon is Oregon, but I'm calling for them to lose 3 or 4 games this year. Mariotta is overrated. USC still only has 67 scholarship players, but they're darn good scholarship players. It's a shame Lane Kiffin isn't still there to coach down that talent, but maybe Sark will keep that tradition alive. Washington is the wildcard, if you ask me. Peterson always finds a way to get more out of his players than any other coach. Him having the talent at Washington is scurry. Probably won't happen for them this year or next, but once he gets his system and routine installed, look out. I'm not counting out Arizona or Arizona State, either. Both of those teams have crazy high-powered offenses.

I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to stay up late and catch PAC-12 games this year.

Pac-12 is very close to SEC as best conference in the country now. It's loaded. Both conferences have some really bad bottom-feeders, and perhaps the very top of the SEC is better than the very top of the Pac, but both are going to be awesome to watch this year.

I also love the Big XII having the traditional round robin format in full effect. 10 teams, 9 games, 1 winner. The way it should be.

I just hope I have a lot of Saturdays off work or I get off work early on Saturdays. There's a bar in the mall I work in and I plan to spend countless hours there on many Saturdays.

Mora's built a powerhouse at UCLA and seeing them make the playoffs wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

Color me surprised about the whole thing, didn't see him having a ton of success there.

I'm not totally surprised by it, but I'm also old enough, and live in the area so I remember when UCLA was one of the best teams in the nation. There's tons of talent in Los Angeles, and more than enough for two teams to share, if UCLA/USC can lock it down somewhat from other teams.

I'm more surprised he's still here, rather than his success.

Pac-12 is so hard to predict. Even more so than the SEC, if you ask me. Stanford is still going to be tough, but they lost a lot of defensive leadership. Oregon is Oregon, but I'm calling for them to lose 3 or 4 games this year. Mariotta is overrated. USC still only has 67 scholarship players, but they're darn good scholarship players. It's a shame Lane Kiffin isn't still there to coach down that talent, but maybe Sark will keep that tradition alive. Washington is the wildcard, if you ask me. Peterson always finds a way to get more out of his players than any other coach. Him having the talent at Washington is scurry. Probably won't happen for them this year or next, but once he gets his system and routine installed, look out. I'm not counting out Arizona or Arizona State, either. Both of those teams have crazy high-powered offenses.

I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to stay up late and catch PAC-12 games this year.

This is all true, and it's what has me worried about this season. UCLA is getting a ton of hype as a dark-horse national championship contender, and I honestly think that's a little out of their grasp at this point. Until they can top the teams from the North, I don't want to get my hopes up.

It's just nice to be relevant again. Outside of the 'Cardiac Kids' team with MJD and Drew Olsen, it's been pretty rough. Mediocrity is maybe worse than being completely shit.

Aren't you a hoot. :angry: We will see who is laughing when we visit Tallahassee!

Indeed we shall ... and I wouldn't be surprised if EITHER team didn't walk out of the tunnel.

Pac-12 is still doing the slow steady climb upward. I'm hoping they don't run into the issue the Big10 had several years ago of cannibalizing itself. Oregon is good still, but clearly not Oregon. Stanford is a gut punch, UCLA has shades of the 10-2 era, USC still isn't back yet but will play to their talent level and ruin one or two seasons, Washington will be like throwing darts in that I can see any result as being realistic due to the changes, and of course you have ASU who manages to always win without really beating more than one team, and Utah who certainly is figuring it out.

I can see the entire top end of the conference being pretty good but without a true top notch team .... just like what we saw with the Big10 not too long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

So last pre-season I started listening to a podcast called The Solid Verbal. If you want to listen to a show with two guys that know their stuff and are quite funny, that's the podcast to go with.

I'm putting this here, because I'm looking for another college football podcast to get into. So let me know if you guys have any you'd recommend.