NCAA Football 2014 Thread

Yeah I like Butch. I hope he gets a reasonable amount of time to recruit his style of players. I miss Tennessee being an upper tier SEC school.

Somewhat related, Vandy looks like they're back to where they were pre-Franklin.

He left a dumpster fire there. Good on him getting out, no idea how this bodes for him at PSU.

I hope Butch gets enough time at Tennessee. When it was apparent Strong was staying at Louisville I hoped they'd give him a call, and they did. Undoing the mess Dooley left will take some time, and patience, but Tennessee certainly can get back to the top of the SEC East soon.

Yeah I like Butch. I hope he gets a reasonable amount of time to recruit his style of players. I miss Tennessee being an upper tier SEC school.

Somewhat related, Vandy looks like they're back to where they were pre-Franklin.

He left a dumpster fire there. Good on him getting out, no idea how this bodes for him at PSU.

I hope Butch gets enough time at Tennessee. When it was apparent Strong was staying at Louisville I hoped they'd give him a call, and they did. Undoing the mess Dooley left will take some time, and patience, but Tennessee certainly can get back to the top of the SEC East soon.

Just about everyone here knows that the Vols need a few more years to be respectable. The majority of the local sports experts are predicting a season with about 5 wins at most. And considering the schedule, I agree. They'll beat Chattanooga, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt. *Maybe* one more win than that, but I doubt it.

And I'm glad Strong didn't come here. Don't think he would have been the right fit here.

Effective immediately, the NCAA is lifting Penn States bowl ban and will return their full allotment of scholarships for next season

Due to Penn State University’s significant progress toward ensuring its athletics department functions with integrity, the NCAA Executive Committee today eliminated the school’s postseason ban, effective immediately, and will return the full complement of football scholarships in 2015-16.

The committee’s action endorses recommendations released today by George Mitchell, the university’s athletics oversight monitor, in his latest report.

In addition to the scholarship and postseason participation changes, Mitchell also recommended that if Penn State continues to make impressive progress at the conclusion of the 2015 report, Mitchell’s oversight may conclude substantially earlier than 2017, the date set forth in the original agreement between the NCAA and Penn State.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/executive-committee-restores-penn-state-football-postseason-scholarships

• Like 1

Ugh .... oh well.

I guess they need the Big 10 to get back to not sucking pretty quick eh ?

June Jones has lost the magic and has resigned from SMU (they just got leveled by North Texas this weekend).

TTech will be wearing throwbacks against Arkansas:

BxCaqnlIcAEZNxK.jpg

Badass .... I miss those days when they looked their part (dirty ass bastards).

What you missed this past weekend: Vernon Adams Jr, the QB for Eastern Washington, was 31-46/475/7 and had EWU up 45-44 at the end of the 3rd before eventually falling 59-52 to Washington.

• Like 1

They look like a more gaudy version of what Navy wore against Ohio State. They're a hell of a lot better than those awful Maryland flag unis that they like to bust out, though.

Here's what the Irish will be wearing Saturday night as they take on Purdue in Indianapolis. For all the talk that Michigan/Notre Dame ending, this series with Purdue has happened every year since the 40's and it's not gotten a peep.

53f3870d5876a.image.jpg?resize=524%2C760

• Like 1

AND THIS IS WHY PLAYOFFS KICK ASS !!!!!!

Week 3 and already we're getting huge games with REAL implications:

South Carolina VS Georgia

The Big 12 has 7 games against the "power 5" conference opponents (including Tenn, Maryland, UCLA, Iowa)

East Carolina can take the wind out of the sails of VT possibly.

Illinois VS Washington ... which one is going to try and pretend ?

Penn State VS Rutgers

Didn't expect them to win, but I was hoping Kent State weould put up a better fight against Ohio State then being down 31-0 with 10 minutes to go in the first half