MyRacingCareer.com thread

JasonM

Hey Chris, I see you did 65 laps at Okayama. You can easily get around 100 out of one set of tyres, you will rip them to ribbons but it's only practice so I don't care about setting times. My single set of slicks are at 0% after using them for 103 laps.

And awesome helmet design btw.

I'm all for more Johnny Herbert helmet designs in F1.

I think I'm getting better at my car setting up, I just struggle with actual qualifying and racing.

Just uploaded 18 set-up pics of mine, 12 tracks in total, all F3. Feel free to tinker with them as you please.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mvb5jxx1qlamkqp/Car+Setups.rar

The 12 included into the pack are...

Bulawayo, Charlotte, Estoril, Guapore, Iowa, Laguna Seca, Le Mans long, Okayama, Pocono, Red Bull Ring, Slovakiaring, Yas Marina

Maybe we should think of forming a sort of library of setups, to make sure EWB drivers get the best possible chances :D

Edited by Jasonmufc

Probably not, some idiot will probably try to over take you on the second or third bend and crash into you again!

Just logged in to see me and Chris2k will be meeting on the track later today. He's qualified a couple of places above me but not by much, tweaked the car a bit in practice and got a quicker time than him so we'll see how that translates for the race!

Edited by lanky316

Probably not, some idiot will probably try to over take you on the second or third bend and crash into you again!

Just logged in to see me and Chris2k will be meeting on the track later today. He's qualified a couple of places above me but not by much, tweaked the car a bit in practice and got a quicker time than him so we'll see how that translates for the race!

Probably a huge fireball...

Qualified 23rd and 22nd for my first two races. :/

If it's a custom race, it's gonna happen a lot and don't expect much better until your driver starts catching up with his training. I have gotten a 10th spot in what are just about as many races really. Custom's are filled with all sorts, including guys that are punching way below their weight class. They do that to get better set-up's in general, since Custom's don't give a lot of money (or anything).

Rookie Series are a whole lot more open for having a fair shake, but that also depends solely on your driver skill and my shitty Int+Man build isn't going to compete a lot in the next few seasons.

Also, learned a new thing... Apparently you can have multiple sponsors, so now I got 2 sponsors paying me around 11K a month making me an actual profit of 2K whilst having two staff members on the books.

Well let's see how Lanky and I got on...

Ray Smithson (P21) and Chris Dewing (P20) were in the battle for position and Ray Smithson (P21) got through!

<_<

Chris Dewing (P17) was fighting with Ray Smithson (P16) for position and did overtake him!

:w00t:

Ray Smithson (P14) crashed after a driver mistake!

:pervert:

Chris Dewing (P15) had a problem with the geometry of the chassis and stopped the car. Chris Dewing (P15) is out of the race!

:crying:

In more positive news I finished 9th in one race today after a late safety car allowed me to put my insane overtaking skills to good use. I still make a mistake on almost every lap though, how do I stop that?

Ray Smithson (P21) and Chris Dewing (P20) were in the battle for position and Ray Smithson (P21) got through!

<_<

Chris Dewing (P17) was fighting with Ray Smithson (P16) for position and did overtake him!

:w00t:

:pervert:

Chris Dewing (P15) had a problem with the geometry of the chassis and stopped the car. Chris Dewing (P15) is out of the race!

:crying:

In more positive news I finished 9th in one race today after a late safety car allowed me to put my insane overtaking skills to good use. I still make a mistake on almost every lap though, how do I stop that?

You can prevent mistakes first and foremost by having good mental skills, concentration and so on.

Also putting risky drive lower no doubt helps so he won't go aggro and try silly actions.

Edit: Also, yay a second page!

Edited by Jasonmufc

Probably a huge fireball...

Correct, but at least I didn't crash into him in the process, I'd like to think that was the reason he withdrew a lap later.

In my other race I was last of the finishers but at least I got round the track!

Just watched the qualification of Le Mans, noticed Berober was part of it too. he almost got into the top 20th if some slovakian prat didn't kick him out, big shame man. I got 17th, which is pretty nice for a skill-less driver. Those star drivers are a whole different ballgame though.