Madden 15 is out August 26th!

Your Mom

I wish I had a dollar for every time I hit a crappy quarterback as he was throwing, only for him to have a perfect pass right to his wide out...

That's what I mean, so much for their new improved variance of qb passes. What skill level do you play on? I'm gonna try a set of sliders when I have some time tomorrow/this weekend, it usually helps for dumb AI problems and helps balance the user/ai play.

I just don't understand how they could possibly miss this shit when testing. Did they seriously not notice QBs missing 2 throws a game? Or did they just assume that was somehow realistic?

• Like 1

Anyone else noticed a higher than average amount of starting QB injuries in connected franchise? I'm about 6 games in and Stafford, Big Ben, Bradford (and Hill!), Locker and Foles are all out.

So MJD is second in rushing yards and first in TDs after 4 games. And the TE I brought in, Jermaine Gresham, is leading the lead in receiving yards. This is all despite us being a game behind because we had an early bye week.

I lost 37-36 to the Patriots in week three. Started Matt Schaub because Carr got hurt in game one, then Schaub got injured in this game forcing me to use McGloin. Still, we had the ball and were in field goal range. Just needed to run some clock so we could kick it in and win with time running out. Instead, MJD fumbled and Brady was able to end the game. Bastard.

• Like 1

I'm getting an error whenever I try to load my offline CFM telling me that my file isn't compatible with this version of the game.

I've looked online and there appears to be no known fix, just that the file is done for.

So... three weeks of constant playing gone for good. Fuck.

I'm getting an error whenever I try to load my offline CFM telling me that my file isn't compatible with this version of the game.

I've looked online and there appears to be no known fix, just that the file is done for.

So... three weeks of constant playing gone for good. Fuck.

If you have an offline CFM and there has been a new patch for the game or connected franchise there might be an issue. I don't know for sure but I remember in past years it wouldn't update your CFM if it was offline.

They told everyone to play online CFM if possbile but only with one user. At least previously, so I just try to stick to that.

I don't have PS+ yet so I can't make an online CFM :(.

I've started again with a new file but if it's going to happen again like you say then I'm probably wasting my time.

I don't know for sure and highly doubt them patching the game would just corrupt your CFM. I figure you might have found something about that during your searches to be honest if it was. I'd try searching for that specifically and/or just trying again one last time and if it does it again I'd give up too.

So MJD is second in rushing yards and first in TDs after 4 games. And the TE I brought in, Jermaine Gresham, is leading the lead in receiving yards. This is all despite us being a game behind because we had an early bye week.

I lost 37-36 to the Patriots in week three. Started Matt Schaub because Carr got hurt in game one, then Schaub got injured in this game forcing me to use McGloin. Still, we had the ball and were in field goal range. Just needed to run some clock so we could kick it in and win with time running out. Instead, MJD fumbled and Brady was able to end the game. Bastard.

I'm working on a Raiders franchise right now too. I've gone through Schaub in the first weeks until he was throwing INTs like crazy, to Carr who got injured in his third start, to Schaub who got injured in the next game, to McGloin who lasted me four weeks before getting injured, to Carr who is now my starter. Quite a whirlwind at the QB position, but I love the receiving corps. Jones is a solid possession guy. Moore is great for speed. Streater is a great slot receiver, and having Little come in and out as my fourth is just unstoppable. MJD is either hit or miss, but I think that has to do more with my O-Line which has had a few injuries as well. Their defense is solid and usually backs me up very well (I SuperSim the defense). If I could suggest anything to you, throw McFadden into the fullback slot in a few packages and you can do some interesting stuff with him. He has great acceleration to get out of the backfield very quickly.

Just reached the playoffs going 12-4 in the first season on All-Madden. Got Carr to about an 83 OVR now, and have my first playoff game against the Patriots. A little worried because we didn't play well at all against Denver in Week 17. If Carr is cold, he's cold. And if I don't have a productive running game, the offense is usually dead in the water.

My only real complaint about this game is that the receivers barely have a chance on anything long. You have to seam it perfectly leading the pass on, or it's batted down or intercepted. Not to say that's completely unrealistic, but I feel as though receiver's never, ever have a chance to just jump up and grab the ball like real life. As soon as the ball arrives within the secondary's radius, they immediately have the awareness and ability to just jump and turn around to make the interception, even though in real life the receiver is usually the one going for the grab even if it's a lobbed pass. Other than that, I love it on PS3. Played on Xbox One at my buddy's place and honestly think it's ten-times worse. The graphics and presentation are better, but the way it plays is pretty brutal.

Also, in my first franchise with the Browns, I got Manziel to like a 93 OVR by the end of the season, and broke the NFL passing touchdown record with 8 total touchdown passes (although that was on All-Pro while I was getting the hang of things). Will probably end up doing a Browns franchise again on All-Madden with some better sliders to give myself a challenge, but might stick with this Raiders one for awhile, then maybe do a Jaguars or Lions franchise. A little ticked off with how fast these guys progress though. Might have to give myself some in-house limitations on improving players, especially quarterbacks and their accuracy ratings.

EDIT:

@Toe: I LOL'd at your Charlie Whitehurst post because I had the exact same thing happen to me in my Browns franchise on All-Pro. He literally tore apart my secondary and I was baffled because he is like a 68 OVR.

Edited by OGpistolpete

I'm working on a Raiders franchise right now too. I've gone through Schaub in the first weeks until he was throwing INTs like crazy, to Carr who got injured in his third start, to Schaub who got injured in the next game, to McGloin who lasted me four weeks before getting injured, to Carr who is now my starter. Quite a whirlwind at the QB position, but I love the receiving corps. Jones is a solid possession guy. Moore is great for speed. Streater is a great slot receiver, and having Little come in and out as my fourth is just unstoppable. MJD is either hit or miss, but I think that has to do more with my O-Line which has had a few injuries as well. Their defense is solid and usually backs me up very well (I SuperSim the defense). If I could suggest anything to you, throw McFadden into the fullback slot in a few packages and you can do some interesting stuff with him. He has great acceleration to get out of the backfield very quickly.

Just reached the playoffs going 12-4 in the first season on All-Madden. Got Carr to about an 83 OVR now, and have my first playoff game against the Patriots. A little worried because we didn't play well at all against Denver in Week 17. If Carr is cold, he's cold. And if I don't have a productive running game, the offense is usually dead in the water.

My only real complaint about this game is that the receivers barely have a chance on anything long. You have to seam it perfectly leading the pass on, or it's batted down or intercepted. Not to say that's completely unrealistic, but I feel as though receiver's never, ever have a chance to just jump up and grab the ball like real life. As soon as the ball arrives within the secondary's radius, they immediately have the awareness and ability to just jump and turn around to make the interception, even though in real life the receiver is usually the one going for the grab even if it's a lobbed pass. Other than that, I love it on PS3. Played on Xbox One at my buddy's place and honestly think it's ten-times worse. The graphics and presentation are better, but the way it plays is pretty brutal.

Also, in my first franchise with the Browns, I got Manziel to like a 93 OVR by the end of the season, and broke the NFL passing touchdown record with 8 total touchdown passes (although that was on All-Pro while I was getting the hang of things). Will probably end up doing a Browns franchise again on All-Madden with some better sliders to give myself a challenge, but might stick with this Raiders one for awhile, then maybe do a Jaguars or Lions franchise. A little ticked off with how fast these guys progress though. Might have to give myself some in-house limitations on improving players, especially quarterbacks and their accuracy ratings.

EDIT:

@Toe: I LOL'd at your Charlie Whitehurst post because I had the exact same thing happen to me in my Browns franchise on All-Pro. He literally tore apart my secondary and I was baffled because he is like a 68 OVR.

Regarding receivers not having a chance on deep balls, I don't know whether it's just the different players and teams but I've had pretty good success with deep balls, mainly to Dez Bryant from Tony Romo. If the ball is hung up, I usually have to take control and try to do it myself as the computer won't fight for it on their own but it's generally been good. I had one last night that I threw long, took control of Dez to jump between two defenders and bring it in and the other day I had a hail mary with just a few seconds left, missed Dez as my intended target (just over his outstretched hands) but Dwayne Harris was there in the back of the endzone to make the grab, it was fantastic. Especially because I made a 2pt conversion with a second left to win the game.

I don't have PS+ yet so I can't make an online CFM :(.

I've started again with a new file but if it's going to happen again like you say then I'm probably wasting my time.

I don't know for sure and highly doubt them patching the game would just corrupt your CFM. I figure you might have found something about that during your searches to be honest if it was. I'd try searching for that specifically and/or just trying again one last time and if it does it again I'd give up too.

I've had a couple of errors come up, not really sure why. The tuning sets supposedly only alter online franchises so anything they've released so far shouldn't have affected your offline games.

I'm probably going to switch and play as Buffalo.

My first season with the Raiders finished 8-8. I added Hakeem Nicks and Sidney Rice to my receiving corp, and also added Christine Michael from Seattle to take over for MJD, who declined a bit. Carr is up to 83 overall.

In a fantasy draft franchise online with a friend I actually have Manziel at 99 at the end of his rookie season without ever doing the drills and letting the ai progress him. I throw a ton of picks as I suck on all pro but he has superstar development so he goes up quickly. In my offline Jags franchise I'm having a much harder time. Two #1 draft pick QBs so far won't progress at all if I sim the franchise. They gain 0 XP if they play badly apparently. So I've taken to doing the "work on a promising qb" training and I should be able to progress one of them with that, and it's pretty effective but still no XP from games unless I play them and have a good passing game.

Edited by jase12881