Madden 15 is out August 26th!

Your Mom

I know some of you guys said you didn't like the look of the new defense system but I'd really encourage you to give it a shot. It really is a lot of fun, I'm having a blast playing a defensive end trying to get to the QB. Probably going to starts a player CFM as a DE just because it's so much fun. Make sure you switch to defense camera too, I'm not sure if it was on by default but you just have to press up on the D-pad to get it.

I know some of you guys said you didn't like the look of the new defense system but I'd really encourage you to give it a shot. It really is a lot of fun, I'm having a blast playing a defensive end trying to get to the QB. Probably going to starts a player CFM as a DE just because it's so much fun. Make sure you switch to defense camera too, I'm not sure if it was on by default but you just have to press up on the D-pad to get it.

I saw a video and it sort of looks like a mini-game within the actual game itself. I remember Madden having something like that for recovering fumbles and it was pretty shit so I don't have too high hopes for this.

EDIT - Whoever didn't sign-up for the PS4 Online Franchise you still have time!

If you have an Xbone... then I'm sorry. <_<

Edited by Lenny DYSItra
  • Like 1

Eh, it's not really like that as that was just mashing the button if I remember correctly.

Now you press RT when the ball is snapped, the faster you press it the quicker you jump, then you choose which direction to try and go round the lineman and hit the button when it pops up. I got Khalil Mack on my MUT team and I've been playing through some of the pre-season challenges, it's pretty rewarding when you get round the lineman and get the sack.

That "Fight for the Fumble" thing was the worst feature I've ever seen in a sports game. I'd have my guy dive on a loose ball, lay there for a few seconds motionless and then one of the opposing players would leap like a gazelle on top of him. Cue stupid mini-game that I'd nearly always lose.

• Like 2

I don't really like the camera behind the defender, but I'm enjoying playing as D-linemen and working for sacks. I've never played as a DB in any Madden game, so that likely won't change. I'll switch to them to make a tackle but otherwise I find I'm a hindrance trying to take control of a DB in pass protection.

Turning off the camera toggle is one of the first things I did. I'm trying to get use to the new button layout but I may have to go back because I keep hitting square when I meant X.

Besides that though I'm loving everything else - although I thought Game Prep would be more exciting. <_<

I picked this up yesterday and haven't been able to stop playing it. I got the XBox One bundle with the game for $430 so I made out fairly well.

As for the game, I haven't bought one in years but this one feels great. The defensive gameplay actually feels more than just running around and offense is just that. I've played six games online (all with the Eagles) and ended up going 5-1 with my only loss being cause by my girlfriend kicking over the router and knocking out the Ethernet cable -.-

One thing that did kinda get me was the loss of the coin toss. For some reason I always enjoyed that and had my little superstitions as to what helped you win it.

• Like 1