Madden 15 is out August 26th!

Your Mom

Playing pretty well for the most part. It will take a while to fully adjust to having to play differently than previous Maddens though. Last year, Eli's strength was deep ball accuracy. I'd load my team up with speed burners at WR and be bombing it down the field with ease. That's out of the question in this game, as Eli has a comically low deep accuracy rating and I've been picked off literally every time I try throwing to a WR running a streak down field. So I've had to stick with dink and dunk, short passes which I believe is how the Giants new offense is meant to be run. It'll take some getting used to.

Playing pretty well for the most part. It will take a while to fully adjust to having to play differently than previous Maddens though. Last year, Eli's strength was deep ball accuracy. I'd load my team up with speed burners at WR and be bombing it down the field with ease. That's out of the question in this game, as Eli has a comically low deep accuracy rating and I've been picked off literally every time I try throwing to a WR running a streak down field. So I've had to stick with dink and dunk, short passes which I believe is how the Giants new offense is meant to be run. It'll take some getting used to.

Yeah they really shitted on Eli after his bad season. I threw four picks against Arizona with 7-8 minute quarters. :/ I've noticed a lot of sacks/INTs going both ways though.

Anyone try out a online roster? I downloaded CFMROSTER and it seems up to date (aside from the Pats/Bucs deal).

I can't decide on a team to play as in franchise mode. I'm thinking of trying the Browns, the Eagles, or maybe the Texans.

I know the Browns and Texans would need some work while Philly is probably competing for tops in the NFC East, which might be a little less fun.

What's Andre Johnson's trade value like?

Edited by Toe

For some reason I cannot run the ball effectively with CJ Spiller. Can barely get him past the line of scrimmage. Been able to run just fine with the other backs I've used, but Spiller is utterly useless.

Slow speed feels a lot more realistic. The min speed threshold being at 0 gives a noticeable difference between the faster players the slower which just feels better.

Give it a go in a play now game, it's really good!

I've only played on default, which I think is slow speed, but I have no idea what the speed threshold is. I like the idea of there being an actual difference in player speeds though.

Oh, and I love that quarterback ratings actually matter now. If your deep accuracy rating sucks, you won't just be bombing away on people like the old games.

Oh crap, last year I never bothered scouting until the final week of the season after my scouting points have built up. This year it seems you need to use your points each week, they don't roll over. It's Week 15 and I haven't scouted anybody yet. :( This will be a fun 2015 Draft.

-edit-

On second look it seems they do increase week to week, I just get a lot less than the previous year. Gonna need to save up for that scouting discount.

Edited by Bad News Busch

Eli Manning drops off like a stone after one season. He's now 66 overall and Ryan Nassib is starting. Lolz

I'm 0-4 and Eli has 12 INTs in my Giants franchise. :(

I still love the feel of this years game, it just seems a lot smoother with all the animations being pretty realistic and not glitchy.

Anyone try online play yet? I've been meaning to try it but haven't gotten out of my franchise yet.

• Like 1

I'm actually doing really well as Eli now that I've abandoned deep passes and adjusted to the playbook. I'm relying on my receivers to rack up big yards after the catch, OBJ in particular is great for that coming out of the slot. Jennings is solid and I've been manually inserting Andre Williams into the game at random points to give reps. The defense has been great. Locked up JPP, Prince, and Jacquian Williams - the latter of whom I've been pumping a ton of game prep points into each week along with Andre Williams, Cooper Taylor, and Weston Richburg.

I've been zipping through this season incredibly fast, already clinched the East as the rest of the division have been absolutely horrible. Dallas is looking to get a Top 5 pick next year though, with Washington and Philadelphia probably picking somewhere in the Top 12. Here's hoping their scouts are idiots.

Jags finally won a game to move them to 1-13, one loss away from clinching the top pick. Bortles looked lost when I played them.