MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

"Possible league"? There will be a league. Even if I have to run the damn thing myself. The Operation Sports rosters should be done by May 6th, so I figured we could use those rosters since they have all 30 teams minor league rosters complete. We should try to get a head count of who is up for it.

I'm so excited for this game it isn't even funny.

The new features sound hilarious. "We know baseball is a boring game, here is a way to make it less tedious!"

I really thought I'd hate Quick Counts, but I've learned to enjoy them quite a bit. There is only one thing about them I don't like which is that pitch counts are almost always much higher than you'd like since you never get a first pitch or second pitch out.

Quick counts are a great addition for players that don't like the grind of the full game. I'm going to continue to leave them off, but it's a nice feature that they have added.

Road to the Show has been fun so far, but not much of a difference. I started a Franchise as the Astros to get the hang of any franchise changes before I start my year-long quest with the OSFM rosters. The biggest thing I've noticed is that the drop-off in stats isn't as steep as it was last year, thankfully. Trades seem to be easier for me to make, but I'm also trying situation appropriate deals. I got CC Sabbathia out of New York for a couple of propsects because I was making a playoff run, and the Yanks were last in the East. If anything, the trading may be too easy to load up on star players.

I also, for the first time ever for me in the Show, drafted a player that made my MLB team in his first year (though he only started in August), and then in season 2, he was my number one catcher, supplanting Jason Castro, who's overall was a not too shabby 84 at the time.

Prospects seem more realistic this year, but like I said, it seems like the trading is too easy right now.