MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

Someone please explain default baserunning/stealing to me. I can't seem to get single runners to advance, they all do.

If you're just trying to have one guy advance (lets say from first to third) you would point up on the left stick which activates the runner there, and press square (for third base) for a second to home it would be up and then x.

As for stealing, obviously you know lead off is l1 and r1 to move back towards the base. To send the guy to steal automatically as the pitch is thrown you press R2 before the pitcher even winds up. There is a way to do it manually but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Wow injuries are brutal in this game. In the franchise I'm doing, the A's traded for Byron Buxton and he retired due to injury at the end of the season.

Also fuck the Cardinals. Every time I play them, the exact same bullshit happens. Wainright and Wacha are unhittable and their baserunners reach on errors that I have no control over and then score on home runs from fucking Peter Bourjos that just barely eek over the wall. It's fucking ridiculous and it happens that way every fucking time.

Also fuck the Cardinals. Every time I play them, the exact same bullshit happens. Wainright and Wacha are unhittable and their baserunners reach on errors that I have no control over and then score on home runs from fucking Peter Bourjos that just barely eek over the wall. It's fucking ridiculous and it happens that way every fucking time.

Jealous? :P

• Like 1

Gonna start a new franchise with OFSM's v2 of the full minor league rosters. Think I might start it up with the Astros considering I just played the first few weeks of the Jay's schedule most recently.

I really wanna start a RTTS but I've been stopped for some reason, I always hate when stupid AI things happen in those modes. Keeps me playing dynasty/online/ultimate team modes, exclusively depending on the game.

Edit: Apparently I started my first dynasty with the v2 of those rosters so I'm covered. Ended up starting a RTTS with an 18 year old, international, right handed pitcher. Cutter, Circle Change, 12-6 Curve is my starting repertoire. Lets see where I end up. If I ever figure out how to use the screen/game capturing well enough I'm gonna start doing diaries using The Show.

Edited by Cole

Does anyone else run into an issue with infielders holding onto the ball and looking around and not throwing, regardless of what button you're pressing? It happens to me a few times a game, and almost always results in a base hit, which subsequently gets pushed across for a run, and then I lose by 1 run.

Does anyone else run into an issue with infielders holding onto the ball and looking around and not throwing, regardless of what button you're pressing? It happens to me a few times a game, and almost always results in a base hit, which subsequently gets pushed across for a run, and then I lose by 1 run.

I've never had that happen. I have had a ball hit straight to the pitcher, and my pitcher went into a ridiculously slow animation that resulted in a hit, but that's only happened to me once.

I use the meter for my fielders throwing. What do you use?

Edited by Toe

Watching some career gameplay from a dude I follow on YouTube I seen it happen once and it's really weird. The players just stand there as the runner rounds every base, even though the ball is being held by the short stop.

He was playing the PS4 version.

I'm playing the PS3 version and haven't yet seen such a thing happen, thanfully.

I did have a system freeze during a H2H Diamond Dynasty game.

Good lord. I put variable strike zones on for realism purposes, and now that pitching is up to Hall of Fame difficulty the strike zone is pretty much the size of a tin can. I've walked players on pitches where the entirety of the baseball was within the strike zone but the ump still ruled it a ball. Might switch to consistent strike zones purely out of frustration.

Then again it felt all the more rewarding when I gave up a run in each of the first 5 innings to Colorado but still managed to eek out a 6-5 win.

• Like 1

Getting my PS4 tommorow ( :w00t:). Am I going to be able to transfer my Franchise from my PS3 to PS4, or am I going to have start all over?

That would be a bummer. I started a Jays franchise, playing every game. Sitting 1.0 game behind the Rays and 2.5 out of the Wildcard. Just called up Stroman and traded for Samardzija after Hutch and Redmond/Happ/Jenkins had all been quite terrible. Had to give up Aaron Sanchez (who was the worst A potential player they'd take), but I'll take it to try and make a push heading into August.

Edited by California PeTCD Campbell
  • Like 1