MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

Looks amazing. I love that someone said there are difficulties in between too. Like I got bored because on Rookie I would score 12 runs every game but the next one up I could never win a game

That's called being a Cub.

Looks amazing. I love that someone said there are difficulties in between too. Like I got bored because on Rookie I would score 12 runs every game but the next one up I could never win a game

That's called being a Cub.

Haha, that's awesome.

That happened to me though too. I was demolishing opponents and crushing homers left and right, so I upped the difficulty and wound up struggling to compete. At first, I thought maybe it was unbalanced, but then I realized that I was the Blue Jays.

Sometimes you're too good as a player on one difficulty, but your team is just not good enough when you move up a level. I mean, I've totally had it happen in games where it's completely unbalanced and the difficulty gap is insane... but The Show has been very good about that for as long as I can remember.

Yeah, it's called Dynamic settings. The idea is that the game will progress the difficulty depending on how you play. I think they said there are like ten levels to the difficulty. There's like Rookie, Rookie+, Veteran, Veteran+, etc. They apparently have a great structure so they don't promote you too fast, also.

For those with The Show on PS3, already have it for the PS4, or will be getting it Tuesday, wanted to let you know that the O.S.F.M rosters are officially out.

You can find it in the Roster Vault under the name "O.S.F.M 2014 O.D."

So excited that they were able to get this out before I pick up the game on Tuesday. :happy:

One of the programmers is doing a live stream on Twitch. He just said that the MLB/MLBPA requires them to have a minimum amount of fans in each stadium so it doesn't make certain fanbases look bad. He said they then build on that minimum and if your team is doing well in franchise, more fans show up. And the better your team does, and the later in the season, the more fans you'll have and the more likely they are to be dressed in your colors. So the Marlins are likely to have a half full stadium of casual dressed fans, but if you're the Orioles and you're in the playoffs, you'll have a stadium packed with fans in orange and black. That's super neat.

He also said that later in the game, if the home team is getting blown out, you will noticeably see the stadium start to empty during the game.

• Like 1

Madden had a similar feature in the 06-08 versions, it was sometimes a real lark watching the stadium empty out at the start of the fourth quarter.

I've got to wait until tomorrow (tried working around by getting through a US account but far too much hassle for getting the game a day early). I have a working PS4 though, so that's a win.