EWR 2014 Stats Update: May ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

If Bryan's overrated, why not lower his stat rather than increase everyone else's?

Because indy marks are going to have a meltdown just like with Punk last month.

As for Batista's charisma, has he cut a good, let alone great, promo since he returned? Hell, in most Evolution segments he's lucky to even get the mic. When I saw him last week he even joked that having a live mic in his hand is his worst nightmare. He might have been charismatic enough in 2005 to justify increasing his charisma stat. But it's not 2005.

So charisma is only about mic skills? If that's the case then lower Bryan charisma to 60 or 70 cause he never cut a good promo.

Others have covered many of the points, however, every month we go through this donator vs non-donator mentality, it's a complex you have, not that they have, it never comes up with any of the doantors going "This i wrong because yo uare not a donator" Yet some non-donators bring up that they feel like they are being targetted, maybe you should focus on the whys rather than the whos. This is your last chance, next time you pull any kind of petulant, child-like stunts like you have been doing You will be having some time off.

on these forums is just like in real life. You have money then you stay one foot forward than the average joe.

Edited by hippie

He's the WWE Champion, and the most consistently popular star on WWE TV, I hardly think it's fair, or logical, to suggest that the people who like him are "indy marks".

If Bryan's overrated, why not lower his stat rather than increase everyone else's?

Because indy marks are going to have a meltdown just like with Punk last month.

I highly doubt anyone cares about Bryan's speed stat in a 12 year old text sim except for you. If it's so much trouble, why not tweak it for yourself in the editor. It's very simple. Or make your own updates or something.

• Like 1

He's the WWE Champion, and the most consistently popular star on WWE TV, I hardly think it's fair, or logical, to suggest that the people who like him are "indy marks".
throwing your damn fingers in the air doesn't make you one of the most charismatic guys from the roster.
Do you even read in The Ring? Almost none of us here are Punk fans. Very few of us gave a shit that he left. I highly doubt anyone cares about Bryan's speed stat in a 12 year old text sim except for you. If it's so much trouble, why not tweak it for yourself in the editor. It's very simple. Or make your own updates or something.

I didn't said anything about his speed stat but you and others care enough about this 12 year old tex sim to have arguments with me.

2) You're actually saying that Daniel Bryan has never cut a good promo? lol.

Tell me one good promo that he did. Exactly... he's average at the mic and his promos are too.

Edited by hippie

So charisma is only about mic skills?

In the context of EWR, yes, that's exactly what it means.

Others have covered many of the points, however, every month we go through this donator vs non-donator mentality, it's a complex you have, not that they have, it never comes up with any of the doantors going "This i wrong because yo uare not a donator" Yet some non-donators bring up that they feel like they are being targetted, maybe you should focus on the whys rather than the whos. This is your last chance, next time you pull any kind of petulant, child-like stunts like you have been doing You will be having some time off.

on these forums is just like in real life. You have money then you stay one foot forward than the average joe.

Did you actually read a single part of that post?

• Admin

throwing your damn fingers in the air doesn't make you one of the most charismatic guys from the roster.

SteveAustin.jpg

• Like 13

Do you even read in The Ring? Almost none of us here are Punk fans. Very few of us gave a shit that he left. I highly doubt anyone cares about Bryan's speed stat in a 12 year old text sim except for you. If it's so much trouble, why not tweak it for yourself in the editor. It's very simple. Or make your own updates or something.

I didn't said anything about his speed stat but you and others care enough about this 12 year old tex sim to have arguments with me.

I don't care about EWR. I haven't played it in a good four years. The "argument" isn't about the game, it's about you acting like a child. Once again, the game has an editor for a reason. Instead of wasting Bill's time on arbitrary stat changes because you think they should be a certain way, just go change them yourself.

• Like 2

still Bryan isn't better than Batista. We can look at his promos back in 2010 when he was heel and probably the best work of his career.

SteveAustin.jpg

So Austin was all about middle fingers?

The whole point of this thread is to suggest changes, and the main changes are probably the stats so what's the problem with him suggesting a bunch? If Bill doesn't want to do the changes then he wont do them, and hippie can do them himself. If the mentality is that you should go change everything yourself before even suggesting Bill to change them then this thread existing is pointless other than Bill to do all the changes himself based off of his own opinion and for no one to make a post other than saying thank you for the update.

• Admin

Smackdown 2005 is hardly a great measuring stick, is it.

The whole point of this thread is to suggest changes, and the main changes are probably the stats so what's the problem with him suggesting a bunch? If Bill doesn't want to do the changes then he wont do them, and hippie can do them himself. If the mentality is that you should go change everything yourself before even suggesting Bill to change them then this thread existing is pointless other than Bill to do all the changes himself based off of his own opinion and for no one to make a post other than saying thank you for the update.

Nobody criticized him making suggested stat changes, Rich just asked him for his reasoning behind them.

What makes Batista charismatic exactly? I totally get it in 2005 but if anything based on his performance since he returned it should be lowered

If we go like that then why should Austin or Rock have 100 charisma? Their promos these days aren't on par with the ones in the Attitude Era.

still Bryan isn't better than Batista. We can look at his promos back in 2010 when he was heel and probably the best work of his career.

Yeah, but this is the May 2014 stats update, not the 2010 one. In 2010 he was good, and his stats in the 2010 updates would/should reflect that. Now, he isn't so good, thus his stats are/should be lower.

Reasonable changes. Like factual things that actually improve the game such as "This tag team is no longer together", not subjective things. I think Bill probably does enough work on these without silly discussions on whether not Great Khali's speed should be a 2 or a 6. There's no factual basis for those stats. They're subjective. As long as they're in the neighborhood, who cares? If it bothers you, fix it yourself. It takes 2 seconds.. His attitude about it is also really, really shitty, and I believe that's where the criticism is coming from.

I agree his attitude is unacceptable, but just because the stat change is by 1 2 or 3 doesn't mean it's unnecessary and should be shot down and you should be made to do it yourself.

What makes Batista charismatic exactly? I totally get it in 2005 but if anything based on his performance since he returned it should be lowered

If we go like that then why should Austin or Rock have 100 charisma? Their promos these days aren't on par with the ones in the Attitude Era.

Then lower theirs too then I guess. If the point of these updates is to show what someone is at now then Batista should be lower and so should those 2

2) You're actually saying that Daniel Bryan has never cut a good promo? lol.

Tell me one good promo that he did. Exactly... he's average at the mic and his promos are too.

Didn't really give him a chance there.

• Like 4

Smackdown 2005 is hardly a great measuring stick, is it.

Nobody criticized him making suggested stat changes, Rich just asked him for his reasoning behind them.

He could have suggest other stats. That's how people did in other update threads.

Exactly - there's no problem with suggesting stats, but sometimes they need a little context.

There's a difference between saying "deactivate this tag team" for a lesser known team that may have otherwise gone unnoticed by Bill, and saying "lower this guy's charisma" for a guy who's on TV multiple times a week. Without justification, it seems completely arbitrary.

Suggesting that it's got anything to do with certain people being donators is absurd, too. I paid $15 a year ago, if you think that's "having money", then I don't know what to tell you.

We're not going to get anywhere debating stats objectively, because certain people are either unwilling or unable to enter into a discussion beyond "this is my opinion, and if you disagree it's because you're a) wrong, b) a jabroni, c) a mark, d) a donator (delete as applicable)", so it's probably for the best that we collectively disregard any debate over the respective merits of Batista's mic skills and move on with our lives.

However, given that one of hippie's suggestions - lowering William Regal's stats because hippie believed that he'd not had a match in years - was verifiably false, I'd argue that makes hippie's suggestions overall less credible as he's made it clear that he's approaching this without being fully aware of the things he's suggesting. Again, nothing to do with donator/not donator or "indy marks" or anything else - just that he has been objectively wrong, and that weakens his position.

I agree, they should be lowered, because they aren't as charismatic as they were then.

If you're going to argue that Batista's charisma stat should be higher because he was more charismatic, then by the same token why not give Ric Flair 98 for technical because he was great? Like Cymbols said, these are suggestions for the June 2014 stats update, so the stats therein should reflect June 2014.

He could have suggest other stats. That's how people did in other update threads.

I don't think you're getting the point here that Rich is a moderator. He wasn't here to suggest other stats, he was here to enforce the rules of this forum.

• Like 3