Gotham

brenchill

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I probably would have given up myself if it wasn't Batman and it kind of falls in my Monday Night television block of BBT, Gotham, Scorpions and Forever. It's part of my day off schedule now. I like that it exists because it could have been such a great look at the rise of Gordon/Batman but I think they panicked and felt like if they didn't introduce the villains that even casual fans would know, they wouldn't get the viewership which was a mistake.

I enjoyed the first episode actually. Introducing the villains like that was a bit lame and I'm hoping they pick just one villain to develop over the series (I.e. penguin).

Read reviews saying it's not good etc, but that's how people felt about Arrow initially so I'm hopeful they can turn it around. I think Ben Mckenzie is a decent casting choice too. The woman playing Barbara is fucking awful though.

I'm an episode behind, but I think its getting better. Problem is they're pulling off some bs that seriously deviates from the comics (Selina witnessing Bruce's parents' murder, Renee Montoya and Crispus Allen already being around AND outranking Gordon, Harvey Dent coming in....) that might alienate comic fans.

And I'm hoping Fish Mooney doesn't survive the season. Jada is channelling way too much Eartha Kitt with the way she plays the character.

I thought the pilot was fine.

All the reviews I've ready have given the episodes in the region of 6 to 7.5/10 kind of ratings so far.