Gotham

brenchill

Ok maybe you missed the part where people keep saying "it's gotham" but let me sum it up for you.

Gotham is a shit hole and remains a shit hole until the holy saviour comes to deliver them from the shit hole it is. Only he doesn't because other even shittier people are like "what the fuck is a fish Mooney? I'm the Joker bitches" and instead of having corrupt cops looking the other way you have hundreds of dead cops.

I don't know if you knew this but gotham is a show about the city batman works in. And it's not supposed to be a lawful place. It's supposed to be a bad one.

Ok maybe you missed the part where people keep saying "it's gotham" but let me sum it up for you.

Gotham is a shit hole and remains a shit hole until the holy saviour comes to deliver them from the shit hole it is. Only he doesn't because other even shittier people are like "what the fuck is a fish Mooney? I'm the Joker bitches" and instead of having corrupt cops looking the other way you have hundreds of dead cops.

I don't know if you knew this but gotham is a show about the city batman works in. And it's not supposed to be a lawful place. It's supposed to be a bad one.

I agree with your points, but there was no reason to be a condescending cunt about it.

• Like 3

I agree with your points, but there was no reason to be a condescending cunt about it.

Yeah, that was fucking awful to be fair.

Yeah while I'm a little condescending about the fact you are watching a show about gotham, which from books to even the latest trilogy is a about a police force that was corrupt when Gordon joined and then tried to change, and I even laughed off the first attack, you could cut out the personal attacks man.

It is, in fact, one of the few scenes that make sense in the show. The police would rather look the other way and collect two pay checks than do the right thing and they admittedly (in later scenes) hate themselves for it. That's why they keep repeating "it's gotham."

Glib or not, I didn't attack you and you could give that a rest.

I feel it's finding some of its footing. The episode ending with Penguin revealing he was alive was pretty good, and unsurprisingly lacked the awful Fish Mooney. Dreading watching the next one though as it's about Bruce going back to school.

That's the episode where they start to add some character to Alfred so that's worth it.

Just watched it, by far the best episode so far. Shows that the show can be good when it's done right.

• 1 month later...

I didn't really like the way they handeled Gordon in the last episode though.

In the second last episode Gordon finally came around to the fact that he can't beat Gotham's Underworld and the corrupt cops with his boyscout-lonewolf attitude and has to "play their game" to some extend to beat them and the character was a lot more fun because of it. Especially when the fought that electrician guy. I was looking forward to how this "new" Gordon and Bullock would interact and I was hoping to get some fun back and forth between them. This episode he is back to being a sourpuss again which kinda sucks. He still plays their game by asking the Penguion for help (how creepy and uncomfortable was that scene in the bar with his mom and the chat he had with Gordon? Penguin is by far my favorite character on the show!) but he is much more reserved about it than he was last show when he asked Boss Maroni for help. And that scene at the end when the corrupt cop begs him to leave his family out of the situation just puts the final nail in the coffin of jaded Gordon. I know that this scene was bound to happen in one way or another at some point but why couldn't they just give us a few more weeks of fun Gordon?

And how come Zsasz, who is supposed to be the best hitman Falcone has in this universe, can't hit Fish Mooney and her bodyguard even though they're just like 2 meters in front of them hidden behind a bench? No wonder people don't take Falcone seriously with a lousy hitman like that.

And can we please get rid of Bruce and Selina? They're both so annoying and especially Selina's "I'm from the streets" shtick is so fake. The only time I ever really enjoyed these two is when they where allowed to be kids when Selina stays at Wayne Manor. Why can't they just write them out by sending them to a boarding school? And then have Alfred fight crime together with Bullock and Gordon. That would be a fun pairing.

• 4 weeks later...