Gotham

brenchill

As the series goes on, I like it so long as I don't think of it as an adaptation of anything Batman. It's more of a non-canon alternate universe kind of thing, like how Batman: Earth One was. Just have to take the show as it is on the surface

On the surface, ignoring what it's adapting, it's a piss poor cop show with a few actors that deserve better writing.

And yeah, I can't stand Alfred.

Loved the portrayals of Bullock, Gordon and Penguin, as well as the brief Selina scene. The rest was middling to bloody awful (Alfred and Bruce were cringe inducingly bad). It's like Arrow and Smallville were - the seeds are there, but it doesn't have a clue what it needs to be just yet.

I watched the first 4 episodes....I've kinda given up though. If the season overall gets a good grade, I"ll marathon it over the summer sometime

It's gonna premiere over here on November 11, but I'm really not inclined to watch it. Everything I read and see about it just seems so uninteresting to me (and, most of the times, idiotic), and I usually try to watch anything comic book related (the only recent thing I haven't watched is Arrow, but that's because it premiered over here at the same timeslot as The Walking Dead... I'm thinking of trying to obtain Arrow and watch it, though), but this seriously irks. I really think I'll just pass this one.

So anyone read the theory that Oswald Cobblepot is actually The Joker?

That would suck. Because this made me actually think penguin was kind of a more interesting character that I'd like to see take center stage. If they just pass it off to the fucking joker again, this show just falls into the same pit trap as the games and comics

• Like 1

It was but Gotham continues to get harder and harder to watch even though the episodes are getting a little better each week. It just feels like they've already done too much to destroy the show that there really is no coming back. With that being said though, Penguin is a creepy creepy dude and if it just became a matter of watching his rise to the top as a Gotham Kingpin, I would continue to stick with it.

• Like 1

I've already accepted it being camp as hell and now I'm just sort of ignoring when they try to get all serious and stuff. They really need to lose the Bruce and Arthur, and that woman playing Barbara is fucking horrendous, I hate her. And why do we always get such close close-ups of her face? The further the camera is away from her, the prettier she is, and that's all she seems to be good for now.

Bullock and Penguin continue to be the best, and once they get this stupid war over with, I'm hoping they can concentrate on the real good stuff of this show, which is Bullock and Penguin.