The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

The problem is we need probably 7 new players in our starting 11 now. We need a goalkeeper, a left back, at least one centre half, 2 wingers, a holding or box to box midfielder and a striker. We only have Byram, Mowatt or Murphy (but I don't think they're capable of playing together in a 4 man midfield), Smith and probably Pearce that are good enough to be regular starters in a side pushing for promotion. Even beyond that we have very few squad players that are good enough. We probably need 12 players if I'm being honest and that's obviously going to make it hard to succeed straight away. 11 million will definitely help sort the club out though if nothing else.

• Like 6

You don't need a new goalkeeper. I've seen the video, Paddy Kenny is in the shape of his life!

I haven't seen the video you're referring to but I'm guessing you're being ironic. He's never been interested in playing for us, he only came because he was Colin's mate and he offered him a big contract.

It's an embarrassment. He looks even heavier than he used to at Sheffield United. I know he got into half decent shape at some point at Leeds but now he's come back for pre-season looking something close to 20st.

It's an embarrassment. He looks even heavier than he used to at Sheffield United. I know he got into half decent shape at some point at Leeds but now he's come back for pre-season looking something close to 20st.

You realize Cellino released Kenny the other day, right?

You realize Cellino released Kenny the other day, right?

He did? I know he said something about him not having a future but I didn't think he'd actually got shut yet.

Did QPR even spend 11mil on a player when they got relegated?? Silly Fulham.

I believe their most expensive was Matt Phillips for about £5m.

I thought they spent more on Austin?

Who though? Sure a club offering premier league football could attract a better player for the same or less but Fulham don't have that luxury. They could get someone from abroad but assuming they're looking for a quick fix that's an even bigger gamble. I suppose there's the likes of Rhodes and Maynard but I wouldn't say they're any better or would come any cheaper and unlike Mccormack they might not be available.

Did QPR even spend 11mil on a player when they got relegated?? Silly Fulham.

I believe their most expensive was Matt Phillips for about £5m.

I thought they spent more on Austin?

Figures I've found for Austin are around £4m.