The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

So Zabaleta's took to Twitter to have a pop at the referee/Diego Costa. Don't know how to embed tweets but he said "I would like to apologise to everyone for my red card today. However after seeing this image I can't believe that Diego Costa remained on the pitch." And then added a screengrab of Costa grabbing him by the throat. Knowing his luck, the poor guy will probably get a longer ban now.

Despite how poor and outplayed we were, this ended up being not a bad weekend overall for Liverpool, considering Man U, Tottenham, and Everton all lost too.

That said, those results won't mean a thing unless Rodgers gets his tactics better, and the players to actually show up. Gerrard and Lucas are a terrible combo, we have zero centre backs capable of playing at a Premier League level currently, the new guys are all still blending in, and Mignolet, Gerrard, and Coutinho have all been very poor so far.

I feel like Liverpool have been found out, and it is time to change something with the tactics. While Gerrard never truly worked in the holding role, teams now know how to neutralize him on both ends.

What is interesting is that this is only the second time Liverpool have lost back to back league games under Rodgers.

Liverpool haven't really been tactically the same as last season most of the time. It's been a lot more ponderous most of the time. It will be interesting to see what happens against Everton.

Nothing wrong with ripping into United, in about 3 years time they'll be mowing down clubs and consistently qualifying for the Champions League so why not mock them now they're shite.

It'd be just as funny if City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal had a similarly shit start to the league, made funnier after spunking about £150m on players.

Edited by peteypirahna
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with ripping into United, in about 3 years time they'll be mowing down clubs and consistently qualifying for the Champions League so why not mock them now they're shite.

It'd be just as funny if City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal had a similarly shit start to the league, made funnier after spunking about £150m on players.

Well..to be fair....