The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I'm right behind this LVG philosophy of play shite and still win.

Got us to the semi finals of the World Cup.

Should have been Costa Rica <_<

Should've been Mexico if you ask them. #NoEraPenal :shifty:

We looked so panicked last night at times, it was shocking. Fair play to Southampton though.

Rojo seems like a player that will thrive when he has a calm influence around him. He was as nervous as everyone else in that first half, but when our other defenders finally calmed down, he did too.

Honestly don't know what to expect on Sunday against Liverpool. I don't want us to play with 3 CB's again though.

a load of shite players like Mendieta

.....wut?

... Mendieta was shite.

.........but seriously, wut?

He was a man who was named twice in the team of the Champions League shortly before the time he was picked up by Barcelona. How was he shite?

• Like 5

In his Champions League press conference, Mourinho has not only confirmed that 18 year old English midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek will receive his senior debut in tomorrow's dead rubber match against Sporting Lisbon...but more significantly, will join the first-team squad on a permanent basis from January onwards.

Obviously this says little for how often RLC will actually *play* from January onwards...but it's nonetheless interesting in that it sounds like he's been ruled out of a return to the Academy.

RLC was captain of the U18 side last year, leading them to victory in both the FA Youth Cup and also played a part in the U21's title-winning league campaign.

He's already on £30,000 a week too apparently. What the fuck?

Was he one of the youngsters who had their salaries 'revealed' by some tabloid a couple of months back? I remember it was Andreas Christensen (as it was around the time of his debut) and someone else.

Anyway, those figures were unsurprisingly called out as being bollocks during a press conference at some point.

Just because it was said to be BS in a press conference, doesn't mean what was said in the press conference wasn't BS too.

Just so long as we're aware that we're pitting LET'S SHOCK YOU WITH OVERPAID TEENAGERS TO SELL NEWSPAPERS versus, I dunno, a more realistic doubt that a club which is subject to FFP and has just made a decent profit isn't pissing quite that much away on 17 year olds' contracts.

Why do all Chelsea's youth players sound like bad FM regens.

Because we're still in the Matrix.

'Ruben Loftus-Cheek' sounds like a codename Harry Redknapp would use for his Cayman Island based 'personal accounts'.