The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

It is pretty funny, if only for Rodgers comment about Spurs and the £100mil last year.

Neither was any real surprise. It's not a huge shock when it's discovered one of the world's best players is somewhat carrying their team and signing a boatload of replacements subsequently take a while to gel.

• Like 3

B5ZnI37CQAADT2w.png

If you get you a shot on target against Brad Jones you will score. He doesn't actually save anything. He's like that kid you let go in goal because he brought gloves along to the kick about.

Well he clearly saved three of them :/

At least one of them, off the top of my head, was blocked by Skrtel.

Taylor smashing the post looks worse and worse on replay. Standard classy mackems chanting their 'party when Steven Taylor dies' song while he was motionless on the floor with players and physios sprinting across. Barely even human.

C'mon, it's not like some Newcastle supporters wouldn't have chanted 'party when Lee Cattermole dies' if the situation was reversed.

Not that it makes Sunderland fans chanting what they did ok, but some self-awareness isn't a bad thing when labelling people 'barely even human'.

That's a pretty big assumption, and I can't think of a better label for anyone chanting something like that after that kind of injury. Note that's not aimed at the whole away crowd as I've no doubt plenty aren't that stupid.

You've - and by you've I mean certain sections of your crowd - got form for chants about Lee Cattermole and Jimmy Savile, among other things, so it's really not that big an assumption.

There's always chants from a minority of fans that are tasteless. Always have been and always will. It's nothing shocking or ground breaking.

• Like 1

I agree, and am aware of the Savile chants which are a) in bad taste and b) rubbish really given no basis bar a naff Boro = paedophiles 'gag'. I just can't get my head into the thought process of wishing death on someone who's clearly badly hurt after a head trauma. That minority was audible from level 7 to the halfway line.

• Like 1

I didn't hear about how Jonas lost his eye. Will that affect his playing ability?

He had it transplanted into his scrotum, helps keep the shape.

What a start by Chelsea. Branislav Ivanovic wins an early corner when his 20-yard shot is deflected behind and from the resulting flag kick, John Terry nods the visitors ahead. Chelsea mean business.

Flag kick?

You mean corner, Mr. BBCman.

What a start by Chelsea. Branislav Ivanovic wins an early corner when his 20-yard shot is deflected behind and from the resulting flag kick, John Terry nods the visitors ahead. Chelsea mean business.

Flag kick?

You mean corner, Mr. BBCman.

We go live to BBC's English Prem-ear League Soccer Correspondent Hank Ogilvy who's at tonight's big Stoke vs London game. I hear that London have scored a point from a big flag kick play Hank?