The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

It's as if Chelsea are giving their trainees slightly ropy NXT names.

This may also explain our pacy midfielder named John Swift...

What about my FM regen, Gayson Challenger?

Why would he do that? He wouldn't ever be able to return to his home country. National service doesn't work like that.

Wouldn't be able to return until a change in the law or the regime collapses.

So next Tuesday.

Don't the Swiss have compulsory national service too, to prepare for all the wars they get involved with?

Training to protect the Pope, obviously.

I love the fact that Holtby got an hour tonight and that, for the second half, Soldado, Lamela, Veljkovic, Ceballos and Fredericks are playing while Falque is getting playing time too. Nearly all my favourites tonight.

We're losing 3-2 to Seattle but to be fair a) Rose and Fryers are playing and b) the players don't look 100% fit yet.

Seattle's second goal was a screamer. Soldado won and scored a penalty which is pleasing

Falque just did something magical too. I hope that lad stays and gets game time this season. Lovely into-the-corner pen from Falque too.

http://www.gofundme.com/brx6wk

The above is a page a Sunderland fan has set up to raise money for the flower tributes, etc. for the two Newcastle fans killed in the air crash the other day. They have raised over 13 thousand already. The money raised, the unity and the comments pouring into this are all so heart warming and makes me feel so much better about the kindness of humanity. As a Newcastle who is the son of a Sunderland fan, I am so glad to see this kind of coming together for something so important. Transcends football.