EWB Film Club

Jimmy

How are we going to do this?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How are we going to do this?

• We take it on turns to nominate five films, then we vote on which one we'll watch.
    • A film a decade from 1910-2010
    • A-Z film
    • A different genre every week.
    • Take in turns to nominate a director, or actor, and everyone has to watch one film of theirs.
    • 10 films from 10 different countries.
    • Other

A quick Wiki search tells me I've actually never seen any of his films, and I'm now quite disgusted with myself.

EDIT: Shadow of a Doubt is free on Amazon Prime, so I'm gonna go with that one. Suppose I have to start my Hitchcock somewhere.

Edited by JeriCodeBreaker

Rope's about a murder that two friends commit, then have a dinner party at their house, in the same room they've stuffed the dead body. It's also shot in 10 minute-long shots, so only 10 continuos shots, and it's all done in one set (the apartment of the two friends). There's only one time he changes the set ups of the camera.

It also stars James Stewart, of It's A Wonderful Life, Rear Window and You Can't Take It With You fame.