Out Of The Park Baseball 15

9 to 5

Right, let's try and make this a real thing. How many want in, what do we want, who wants to run it, how does it work we shall all try and cover together. This is a really good idea and I want it to work, so, here I am making the minimum effort. >_>

Interested Players:

1. 9 to 5 - Not Yankees, Red Sox or Mets

2. Cole

3. Jasonmufc

4. Berober

5. Franklin 1 - Not Cubs, Cardinals

6. Pepsi Twist - Not Angels

7. Headcheese - Not Cubs

8. DYSI - Not Mets, Red Sox or Yankees

9. Magus978

Edited by 9 to 5
  • Like 3

A little research leads me to believe this will be much easier then it was years ago when I participated in one.

Online leagues in OOTPB are fairly simple. A group of players decides to start an online league. One or more players become the commissioners. These are the people who will 'run' the league. In some online leagues, the commissioner also controls a team. Some online leagues have a mix of human- and computer-controlled teams.

The players who initiate an online league typically decide on the league configuration. The commissioner creates the game on his computer, and then provides a copy of the game to the other players, usually via a web site. The managers download the game files and then open up the game. Once they are in the game, they can make changes to their teams, such as setting up lineups. Once they are done making changes, they export those changes to a web site. The commissioner retrieves these team export files and imports the changes into the master copy of the game. The commissioner usually then auto-plays a fixed number of days and posts a copy of the league files again.

This process repeats itself throughout an entire baseball season. League events such as playoffs, free agency, and drafts are handled in different ways in different online leagues. There is no 'right way' to handle these things. But the fundamental process continues: make changes, export, import, auto-play, new league file, repeat.

Note: Human managers cannot get fired by their owners in online leagues.

So essentially we should maybe have multiple-commissioners just in case one can't advance to the next sim or something? I dunno. I'd be down to either do it, or help. Doesn't seem like much work anymore other than uploading the files for everyone to advance their own game, once we decide on the obvious rules, how long to advance per, etc. to begin.

This all being said, I'm more interested in real teams and players...

• Like 2

It really isn't much work to be the commish it seems, as easy as exporting the file and uploading it to a server so everyone can download it, transfer it to their game, play "X" amount of days, and go then send it back. I guess the one part for the commish would be adding everyone's in but I'm assuming the process is simple these days. If exporting is actually simple, importing shouldn't be much of a task.

I would have to have a clause stating I can't play as the Cubs. I would intentionally run them into the ground. (Not that would take a lot of effort :lol:)

• Like 1

Yeah sure, down for whatever everyone else is. Doesn't look like the show league is getting much steam so this might be the best thing going until more people get online with PS4.

Should be really fun, if we do it right we might actually be able to progress a long amount of time thus making it worth it. Giving us the ability to change the league.

Does it just sim our games then? Or do we manager them if we want? Assuming that's one of the options during setup, but I figure we wouldn't be able to play head-to-head so figured it might just sim.

I'd just need to look over some of the possible customizable rules, I'm sure its available online or somehow in the game. Let me get back to you later today, if you can't find any thing like that to share here first.

I know I stumbled across one site that would let us have a page set up using our league, don't know if it just extracts the data from the game file or what. If not its probably not worth it.

Gonna do more research in a little bit.