Out Of The Park Baseball 15

9 to 5

Okay, here we go.

Using the website random.org, I put our names and the order we signed up into the generator to provide an order for the team draw. It was as follows:

1. Jasonmufc

2. Franklin 1

3. Headcheese

4. DYSI

5. Magus978

6. Berober

7. Cole

8. 9 to 5

9. Pepsi Twist

Next I entered all the 30 MLB teams into the same system in alphabeticial order (so 1. is Arizona Diamondbacks, 2. is the Atlanta Braves and so on). In the event someone drew a team they really, really didn't want to be I skipped the number and chose the next available number for said player. So, on with the show:

Jasonmufc - You drew the Tampa Bay Rays!

Franklin 1 - You drew the Baltimore Orioles!

Headcheese - You drew the Houston Astros!

DYSI - You drew the Texas Rangers!

Magus978 - You drew the Washington Nationals!

Berober - You drew the San Diego Padres!

Cole - You drew the Detriot Tigers!

9 to 5 - You drew the Los Angeles Angels!

Pepsi Twist - You drew the Chicago Cubs!

I will sort out the game file tomorrow as I will need to learn a few things and add in the nicknames in the latest patch too. The drawing was the fairest way I could think of doing this and despite a fair few of our teams being lowly, I think we can make this damn competitive.

As ever, chat away and ideas about rules, length between updates etc put it down here please.

And let's have fun. :)

• Like 2

Tampa Bay Rays, eh not my #1 choice but at least I got a few talented guys in there.

Now someone needs to tell me how OOTP online works.

Dude the Rays are always in the World Series for the first 2 seasons on my games. Be happy!

• Like 2

Tampa Bay Rays, eh not my #1 choice but at least I got a few talented guys in there.

Now someone needs to tell me how OOTP online works.

Dude the Rays are always in the World Series for the first 2 seasons on my games. Be happy!

Sure, but I'd rather have been the O's. Because go O's!

• 6 months later...

This never took off, but I can't find a regular thread for the game so meh.

Since more people seem to be playing the game lately, I thought I'd see how everyone's game is going.

I took the Cubs and began the re-building almost immediately.

I traded Samardjiza to the Yankees for Pineda, Nova, and catching prospect Gary Sanchez, whom I love in real life and in the game. He's still about two or three years from being my starting catcher, but he's already better than my current catcher, Wellington Castillo. Speaking of Wellington, he and I are going to arbitration this Winter. I'll probably keep him around for this last season and then see where I stand with Sanchez.

After a few weeks, I decided we needed a bigger bat, so I got Matt Joyce from Tampa Bay for a couple of prospects. He finished 2014 with a .265/.371/.453 season with 18 homers. Absolutely love that .371 OBP. I also picked up Kelly Johnson for the Yankees for somebody, I don't remember who. He was only hitting .224 with 3 home runs for the Yanks. I got him and he finished the season with a .271 average and 11 home runs.

Starlin Castro was having a great year, until right after the All-Star break when he got injured. So I called up Javier Baez who started off hotter than a bat out of Hell. He finished with a .230 average, but 11 homers in just 44 games.

On the pitching front, Travis Wood was my star. 15-7 with a 3.94 ERA. Ivan Nova shat the bed going 8-19 with a 5.23 ERA. I kept thinking he'd turn things around, but he obviously very, very much didn't. He wants to go to arbitration, but I say Hell naw. He's mad about being the #4 starter anyway, so he can piss off in any direction. Pineda went back and forth from being my #5, to my spot starter, to the bullpen. He finished 3-1 with 1 save and a 3.76 ERA. He had a few short trips to the DL, too, because he is Michael Pineda.

We finished 76-86 in 2014 which is like winning the division to Cubs fans. :shifty:

Oh, I also got an awesome outfielder with the fourth overall pick of the draft. He's already tearing up my lower level minor league system. He's only 19, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to ship him off to Double-A for the start of 2015.

So how is everyone else's game going?

• Like 3

I am the Mets! I have played two games, a 6-3 win and 4-2 loss to the Nationals. Looking at the star-ratings for my team, we suck ^_^

But I have already stolen three bases! I do not know how many is a good number on a per-game basis.