UFC Prediction League - Season 3

Benjamin

UFC PREDICTION LEAGUE - SEASON 3

Previously, on the UFC Prediction League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y43FolFlY78

After the end of Season 1, battle lines were drawn and pride was put on the line to see who would emerge triumphant as the winner of Season 2. HeadCheese, the winner of Season 1, looked to show that not much had changed in the one month break, but a misstep in the middle of the season ultimately cost him the title. It was then a three way battle between Perfecshaun, a veteran of Season 1 who had a very mediocre start to his predicting career, JHS, the league's lone female competitor who had only joined in the middle of Season 1, and the rookie, Chris2K, who speared to the front of the line. In the end, the most seasoned of the three in Shaun who emerged triumphant. Although we also had a little bit of darkness in Season 2, as the bottom half of the league opted to not continue to predict as they knew they had no shot of making any significant headway in the league.

After taking the month off in May, we're back for Season 3, and it looks to be a good one. HeadCheese has vowed revenge over his title being taken away, a newcomer has said that he will be trying to make a statement, and Gazz has threatened to resort to violent, because why not.

Season 3 will begin on June 1st 2014 with UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov, to UFC 177 on August 30th 2014. It's going to be an even longer season than the previous 2, as we have 14 events this season. I wanted to add another non-UFC event like in Season 1, but the biggest one, WSOF 11, falls on the same date as UFC 175, which is like the biggest card of the year and also has another UFC event right after it.

I will be sending PMs to those that participated last season as a reminder in case they want to join again, but anyone new is more than welcome to join as well.

Just as a reminder, here are the League Rules:

1) Each UFC PPV and UFC on Fox card will have six to eight fights for prediction.

2) Each UFC Fight Night and The Ultimate Fighter Finale card will have three to five fights selected for prediction.

3) A valid prediction is one with your predicted winner bolded. The manner in which the fight ends need not be stated.

4) Different fights will have different points. So, for instance, title fights, main events and co-main events will be worth more points. Preliminary fights will usually be worth less points.

5) There will be bonus questions that are not required to be answered, but are worth points.

6) If you wish to change a prediction after having posted your entry, you may do so, and you need not tell me, as I will only be tallying the scores after the fights.

7) The deadline for each entry will be one hour before the beginning of the Facebook / UFC Fight Pass fights.

8) For your first prediction of the season, please state your common board name (ie. Mehddie’s is Bad Eddie EddieG) at the top of the post so that I can help identify you down the season in case you change your username.

9) Anyone can join in anytime the season, but you will of course be at a disadvantage due to predicting fewer events than the rest.

10) Once I have posted the first card of the season, you can instantly join by predicting that fight card. I will then have you added to the list of people playing.

11) After you have joined, I will personally remind you when the deadline for each prediction period is looming near in case you want to change your mind and will also gently prod you if you have not predicted after a few days since I posted the fight card.

Below are the dates for Season 3. The points in brackets represent how much points are being contested for that card.

June 7th 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov (15 points)

June 14th 2014 - UFC 174: Johnson vs. Bagautinov (25 points)

June 28th 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Te Huna vs. Marquardt (12 points)

June 28th 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens (12 points)

July 5th 2014 - UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida (27 points)

July 6th 2014 - The Ultimate Fighter: Team Penn vs. Team Edgar Finale (12 points)

July 16th 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Miller (15 points)

July 19th 2014 - UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Miller (15 points)

July 26th 2014 - UFC On Fox California (23 points)

August 2nd 2014 - UFC 176: Aldo vs. Mendes 2 (25 points)

August 16th 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Saint Preux (15 points)

August 23rd 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Le (12 points)

August 23rd 2014 - UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Dos Anjos (12 points)

August 30th 2014 - UFC 177: Dillashaw vs. Barao II (25 points)

The first event, UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov, will be up next Sunday. While we're waiting, however, here's a hype video to get us a little pumped up for the opening event of Season 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDKHgkxh8E

Edited by Benkid

I'll try it this time around I guess.

What kind of trash talk is that dude? You gotta up your game if you're gonna stomp this yard, son.

I remember my one and done from Survivor. :(

Never bet against a Jesus freak on TRT.

• Like 1

I'm going to be the Shooter McGavin of this and ACTUALLY MOTHERFUCKING WIN!

You eat shit for breakfast?

Hell no, that's like saying Grizzly Adams had a beard!

• Like 1

UFC-Albuquerque.jpg

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: HENDERSON VS KHABILOV

Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, New Mexico

MAIN EVENT – Lightweight Division (5 points)

#1 ‘Smooth’ Benson Henderson (20-3) vs. #11 ‘Tiger’ Rustam Khabilov (17-1)

CO-MAIN EVENT – Lightweight Division (3 points)

‘The Dream’ Diego Sanchez (26-7) vs. ‘The Real Deal’ Ross Pearson (17-6, 1 NC)

Flyweight Division (2 points)

#1 ‘The Magician’ John Dodson (16-6) vs. #5 John Moraga (14-2)

Bantamweight Division (2 points)

#11 ‘Goyito’ Erik Perez (14-5) vs. #14 ‘Kid Lightning’ Bryan Caraway (18-7)

PRELIMINARY FIGHT – Bantamweight Division (1 point)

‘The Phenom’ Sergio Pettis (10-1) vs. Yaotzin Meza (19-9)

BONUS QUESTIONS:

1) Who will land the first takedown in the main event, Benson Henderson, Rustam Khabilov or neither? (1 point)

2) Who will land more significant strikes in the co-main event, Diego Sanchez or Ross Pearson? (1 point)

Deadline for predictions is 6:30 pm ET June 7th 2014, an hour before the first fight on UFC Fight Pass.

UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov Prediction Sheet

Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov

Diego Sanchez vs. Ross Pearson

John Dodson vs. John Moraga

Erik Perez vs. Bryan Caraway

Sergio Pettis vs. Yaotzin Meza

Bonus Questions

1) Henderson / Khabilov / Neither

2) Sanchez / Pearson

Happy predicting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3kpIfRDrmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKPeNEUKmg