TEW2013: Real World Update: June 2014

I'd like to talk about something general that may lead to a big discussion or a big do-over for most companies.

It concerns the push on a roster.

Right now - correct me if I'm wrong - we decide the position of a wrestler on the card of a roster by popularity only, right?

I guess that's not the way it is ment to be, as Popularity is only one of the factors to determine the Overness.

I believe the other factors are recent fortunes and momentum, which you can edit for every contract itself.

This allows to have workers who are a big star only in a specific promotion to be maineventer and still be on the lower card of similiar promotions.

Does that make any sense the way I described my concerns?

any opinion on that one?

Check active in Japan for Mark Calaway

Check active in Japan for Bobby Heenan

Check active in Japan for Nick Bockwinkel

Why?!

We don't even know if 'Taker is going to be active in the US any more, let alone in Japan. Heenan is not active in Japan for reasons that shouldn't even need to be explained. Hell, I'd argue he should be "Out Of The Business" in TEW, but very few people agreed with me on that one last time I suggested it.

When did Nick Bockwinkel last make an appearance in Japan? 2000?

I don't think that Bobby Heenan or Nick Bockwinkel should even be in the data but since they are I thought I'd suggest that they should have active in Japan checked since they did work in Japan back in the day. It's cool if they don't get checked, if people don't think it's needed there's no point :)

Add a move set for Biff Busick:

Blockbuster

Half Nelson Suplex

Lariat

Neckbreaker

Change Ryan Reeves default babyface and heel gimmick to Machine

Make Naoya Ogawa's default babyface and heel gimmick Legitimate Athlete

Remove Jay Bradley from OVW and Wrestle-1

Add Jay Bradley to R-Pro as a Heel, Old School Heel

Change Scarlett Bourdeaux to a heel in AAW

Change Cary Silken's ROH gimmick to Staff Member

Change Scott Parker's default babyface gimmick to Fun Babyface

Rename Worker Ant II to Worker Ant II in WiF!

Change Obaryion and Kodama's WiF! Gimmicks to Forced Face

Add Orbit Adventure Ant to WiF!

Lower UltraMantis Black's alter ego UltraMantis' usage to 25%

Change Joey Eastman to a heel in WiF!

Change Jaka to a heel in WiF! Old School Heel

Make Joey Eastman the manager of Blaster McMassive and Max Smashmaster in Chikara

Add Worker Ant II to the Colony stable

Add stable The Kingdom with Adam Cole, Matt Hardy, Michael Bennett and Maria Kanellis as mambers

Change MVP's TNA gimmick to MVP

Rename Brian Majors to Brian Myers

Remove John Hennigan from DGUSA/Evolve

Change Brother Ray's TNA gimmick to Hardcore Icon

Change Eric Santamaria's born to 1982 and debut to 2005

Change Renee Young's born to September 1985

Change Mark Angelosetti's default babyface gimmick to Dual Sports Superstar

Add Robert Evand to WIF! Under the Latvian Proud Oak alter ego.

CHIKARA Spoiler:

Remove The Latvian Proud Oak from the data, it is already an alter ego for Robert Evans.

Change the Tag Team Member in the Baltic Siege from The Latvian Proud Oak to Robert Evans.

Edited by Y2JFan111

I'd like to talk about something general that may lead to a big discussion or a big do-over for most companies.

It concerns the push on a roster.

Right now - correct me if I'm wrong - we decide the position of a wrestler on the card of a roster by popularity only, right?

I guess that's not the way it is ment to be, as Popularity is only one of the factors to determine the Overness.

I believe the other factors are recent fortunes and momentum, which you can edit for every contract itself.

This allows to have workers who are a big star only in a specific promotion to be maineventer and still be on the lower card of similiar promotions.

Does that make any sense the way I described my concerns?

any opinion on that one?

AFAIK the position of each worker on the card (by which I assume you mean, how the game would assign via an 'autopush'?) is set primarily by their current popularity, with a modifier applied based on how their default 'style' ('brawler', 'entertainer' etc.) fits within the product of each company they work for. In that sense, a worker could have the same popularity in the US and have receive a different autopush in an entertainment based company versus a work-rate based company.

AFAIK 'recent fortunes' and 'momentum' don't affect card placement in a direct way, rather a worker with a positive 'recent fortunes' rating will gain popularity more easily, which in turn may lead to them to autopush further up the card as time goes on. Conversely if your 'recent fortunes' are not managed properly you will see some workers get stuck in a pop rut or lose pop- note- as a feature 'recent fortunes' does not effect enhancement talent or jobbers - so they can lose as often as is necessary.

RE: 'Momentum', this is a measure of a workers current peformance, how well they are being received by fans, how much they feature on the card, their in-ring performances as a wrestler, or interview or segment performance if a non-wrestler. Depending on how this is set a worker will gain significantly or losing significantly on their segments or matches. This is pretty similar to 'recent fortune' except that it also applies to non-wrestlers, which 'recent fortunes' does not. Momentum is basically the overall peformance and success of a character at present.

Bray Wyatt for example would have a very high momentum but a lower 'recent fortunes' since he doesn't win lots of matches, but his character is very hot at the moment and well featured.

A guy like Bo Dallas would have low but growing momentum, as his character gets over, but his recent fortunes would be higher, since his currently 9 and 'Bo' in terms of match results.

TL:DR; 'Momentum' and 'recent fortunes' are modifiers that can boost or hamper segment/match ratings, as well as popularity gains from segments/matches. Their setting in a contract will change how someone is autopushed on the card, but over-time workers with good or bad ratings in these features will affect a workers card position. At present, AFAIK, the only stats that directly affect a workers card position from a day 1 autopush are worker popularity and worker style/company product.

Edited by kaya

ROH needs some big updates on thier product, workers, size, storylines, TV and PPV deals.

Set them at 60 prestige and give them 2,500,000$ starting money.

Give them this popularity so it would take a quick few months to grow to cult and give written contracts (they are Cult in real life but it would break the game balance for them to have starting written contracts)

602afece24148b7dd42e484f004cfdba.png

Give them this product so fans would react better to storylines, which are an important part of ROH right now.

aa7ceaf4f123701b9159026ede402b94.png

Replace ROH's current TV deal with this one:

18a942ceab08fab5ae68737604a54eb1.png

Here are the PPV providers ROH uses and are in the game: (I set them all at 80% revenue to network and no exclusivity)

a490dbc3099825ba4dcadf53adc2ca61.png

I will go and update some of the workers too since most of them are really underrated. I hope I will get the workers ready for the August update.

Edited by Fxhd
  • Like 1

Think maybe a little more popular in the Tri State area. I mean their based in Philly, run a ton of shows in NYC. I know quite a few people who have heard of and been to ROH shows and have never watched TNA

• Like 1

Yep.

Some more TNA spoilers I didn't see posted.

Add Low Ki as babyface Martial Artist

Add Devon as babyface Hardcore Icon? and make Team 3D regular

Add Matt Hardy as babyface Angelic Diablo? under PPA (maybe a few appearences only type of contract)

Add Ezekiel Jackson (as Rycklon Stephens?? as heel Bodyguard and add him to Dixie Carter's stable if she still has one

Add Snitksy as heel Bodyguard and add him to Dixie Carter's stable if she still has one

Turn King Mo heel and add him to Dixie Carter's stable if she still has one

Make X Division title vacant

Turn Sanada heel

Change Jon Davis' default babyface gimmick to Bad Ass

I originally said that Tommy Dreamer should be added TNA with the Extremist gimmick, change that to Hardcore Icon

Add Brad Allen as an alter ego for Brad Attitude. Usage: 50%, Gimmick: Cocky

Change CHIKARA's announcers to Leonard F. Chikarason and Gavin Loudspeaker

Change Dasher Hatfield's CHIKARA and WIF! gimmick to Dual Sports Superstar

I would rename Create-A-Wrestler to Dasher Hatfield and make Create-A-Wrestler an alter ego, he hasn't gone by Create-A-Wrestler in years. Set Dual-Sports Superstar as Dasher Hatfield's default babyface and heel gimmick

Add Tag team African American Wolves with ACH and AR Fox as members. Company used: PWG, Team Type: Occasional, Experience: Low

Change Vin Gerard's status to Retired Wrestler

Increase ROH's Tri State popularity to 55%?

*EDIT*

Orlando Colon (Fernando) sprained his ankle and will be out for 3-4 weeks, add this to starting injuries

Andrew Everett has a torn ACL, add this to starting injuries. Not too sure how long, maybe 30 weeks?

Change Jado's status to retired wrestler. He announced on Twitter that he has retired due to spinal degeneration

Change the Gedo and Jado (NJPW) tag team to inactive regular and increase experience to maximum

Change Kurt Angle's set to debut to October 1996.

Add a move set for Andrew Everett:

Huracanrana

Running Powerbomb

Shooting Star Press

TNA Spoiler (Prior to NYC tapings):

Change Kurt Angle's gimmick to Authority Figure

Edited by Y2JFan111

So you're cool with all my ROH stuff?

yeah looks ok, and ill have a look at momentum too

I reworked Hanson and Raymond Rowe a bit so they would be usable:

Hanson:
-Give him 90 in Brute performance
-Give him 68 in Brawling
-Give him 55 in Mat Work
-Give him 47 in Chain Wrestling
-Give him 58 in Microphone
-Give him 65 in Charisma
-Give him 52 in Acting
-Give him 70 in Athleticism
-Give him 72 in Toughness
-Give him 75 in Power
-Give him 53 in Sex Appeal
-Give him 70 in Star Quality
-Give him 75 in Menace
-Give him 20 Popularity in Great Lakes, New England and Tri State
-Change his ROH gimmick to Bad Ass
Raymond Rowe:
-Make him a Brawler
-Give him 65 Babyface performance
-Give him 90 Brute performance
-Give him 72 in Brawling
-Give him 60 in Mat Work
-Give him 55 in Microphone
-Give him 66 in Charisma
-Give him 68 in Athleticism
-Give him 80 in Toughness
-Give him 55 in Psychology
-Give him 60 in Sex Appeal
-Give him 72 in Star Quality
-Give him 70 in Menace
-Give him 20 Popularity in Great Lakes and Tri State
-Change his ROH gimmick to Bad Ass

You are free to change the stats a bit if you don't think they are accurate.
/ACH:

-Give him 56 Mat Wrestling
-Give him 66 Psychology (what the hell was up with the previous 30?)
-Give him 72 Consistency
-Give him 75 Selling
-Give him 75 Charisma
-Give him 72 Safety
-Give him 72 Star Quality

Edited by Fxhd

Set the company Wrestling New Classic to closed June 2014.

Add Yoshihiro Tajiri to Wrestle-1

Add AKIRA to Wrestle-1

Add Jiro Kushihiro to Wrestle-1

Add Koji Doi to Wrestle-1

Add Yusuke Kodama to Wrestle-1

Rename Minoru to Minoru Tanaka

Change Gedo and Jado's NJPW contracts to written

Change Mikey Whipwreck's default heel gimmick to Crazy

Remove Toru Yano's contract with NOAH

Change Drew Galloway's default heel gimmick to Arrogant

Add Mr. Hughes as an alter ego for Curtis Hughes. Usage: 50%, Gimmick: Bodyguard

Add Myzteziz as an alter ego for Luis Urive. Company used: AAA, Usage: 100%, Gimmick: Tecnico.

Make Jiro Kushihiro's default babyface and Wrestle-1 gimmick Young Lion. Make default heel gimmick Cocky Youth

Make Koji Doi's default babyface and Wrestle-1 gimmick Young Lion. Make default heel gimmick Cocky Youth.

*EDIT*

Change Jack Jester's default babyface, heel and ICW2 gimmick to maybe Goth?

Check active in British Isles for Bad Luck Fale

Check active in British Isles for Mike Bennett

Check active in British Isles for Maria Kanellis.

Edited by Y2JFan111

Add Ezekiel Jackson (as Rycklon Stephens?? as heel Bodyguard and add him to Dixie Carter's stable if she still has one

Add Snitksy as heel Bodyguard and add him to Dixie Carter's stable if she still has one

Don't add Zeke and Snitsky to TNA. They were fired on the second day of the NYC tapings.

Edited by No1Thuganomic

Guys, regarding the TNA stuff...he said he won't add it until it appears on TV. These tapings won't air until the end of July, meaning at the earliest the stuff your posting will be in the update that comes out the beginning on August

Add Damian O'Connor to Wrestling.ie as a heel monster.

Change Dunkan Disorderly to a babyface in Wrestling.ie, change gimmick to Old School Face

Change Paul Tracey's default babyface gimmick to Cocky Face

Check active in British Isles for Anthony Zeus.

Edited by Y2JFan111

Shouldn't Sinclair Broadcast Group be a Media Group and own a shit ton of TV channels? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group).

Right now if you play with ROH (proprety of SBG-TV Network) you are stuck with a very crappy TV deal (with SBG-TV) that you can't change because they own the company and you can't progress with it either.

Something needs to be done here.

Shouldn't Sinclair Broadcast Group be a Media Group and own a shit ton of TV channels? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group).

Right now if you play with ROH (proprety of SBG-TV Network) you are stuck with a very crappy TV deal (with SBG-TV) that you can't change because they own the company and you can't progress with it either.

Something needs to be done here.

even if I add a media group you will still get the same issue with the tv deals, the way around could be that I edit the range on SBG TV-Network, at the moment its just set to small in the whole of USA but im open to options to what to change it too

Yeah, but if you would add it as a media group with all the channels that are on that link I'm pretty sure they would let you go from channel to channel if they are part of Sinclair?

If not you can change SBG-TV to Big in USA I guess

Add Damian O'Connor to Wrestling.ie as a heel monster.

Change Dunkan Disorderly to a babyface in Wrestling.ie, change gimmick to Old School Face

Change Paul Tracey's default babyface gimmick to Cocky Face

Check active in British Isles for Anthony Zeus.

Do you have both Anthony Zeus and Michael Dante in the database since they are the same guy, plus should be called Michael Dante.

Also last night Dunkan Disorderly won the Wrestling.ie title, the first champ was Prince Devitt from January 24, 2014 to June 28, 2014.

Also just to clarify, the only the only TNA title change that should happen is the World, the rest are for July.

Edited by TheWho87