TEW2013: Real World Update: June 2014

No matter how much the combination of non-sensical story and Mark Briscoe's picture made me laugh, you might want to check over the injury file....

Briscoe.jpg

While not a physical injury stuff like that should stay in as illnesses and should only be "injured" outside the ring, copy over my injury file I've set alot of those illnesses to be outside the ring injuries so you dont get diarrhea and colds through matches.

No matter how much the combination of non-sensical story and Mark Briscoe's picture made me laugh, you might want to check over the injury file....

Briscoe.jpg

While not a physical injury stuff like that should stay in as illnesses and should only be "injured" outside the ring, copy over my injury file I've set alot of those illnesses to be outside the ring injuries so you dont get diarrhea and colds through matches.

Oh I agree, I didn't want them removed entirely, just correctly checked. Thanks for the heads up.

- Estrellita should be an active wrestler (luchadore)

- Haruka Matsuo should be an active wrestler(japanese junior) (she returned in April 2014)

- Hiroka should be a retired wrestler (and based in Mexico)

Have you ever considered adding World Wonder Stardom?

It is one of the top (if not the top) joshi promotions right now

Most of their roster should already be in the data

if you suggest company stats/events tv etc and a roster i will add Stardom

Listing some major CHIKARA stuff below;

I don't know if the CHIKARA roster should be huge for this update with The Flood storyline, but I do notice some workers not present that were on the return show and advertised for future shows that aren't listed on the roster like

Ashley Remmington

Sinn Bohdi

Qefka the Quiet

Oliver Grimsley

Dr. Cube

JAKA

Oleg

Sidney Bakabella

Devistation Corporation

The Baltic Seige

etc. etc.

Also, I do believe Vin Gerard works as some sort of a staff member for CHIKARA as hinted by Leonard F. Chikarason outside the building at "You Only Live Twice".

Drew Gulak is Soldier Ant. I don't know if an alter ego should be made for him. John Silver is The Shard and Kyle Matthews is 17.

The Wrecking Crew should be a stable in CHIKARA with Sidney Bakabella, Oleg The Usurper, JAKA, Max Smashmaster, Flex Rumblecrunch, and Blaster McMassive. The Odditorium should be a stable with Sinn Bohdi, Oliver Gimsley and Qefka the Quiet.

deviAnt should actually be in the Colony: Xtreme Force stable instead of Gekido.

Kayfabe wise, Robbie Ellis is the new CHIKARA owner and did appear with Shayne Hawke. I don't know if that would qualify both as being added the roster of sort.

I've not heard anything about Vin working for CHIKARA in any capacity - I know he's still friends with LFC, and has worked with him on podcasts and whatnot, but mostly he's out of the wrestling business altogether and just works on his marketing work.

I'd add Robbie Ellis as an authority figure, but not sure about Shayne Hawke - no idea if that was a one-off or not.

deviANT's an odd one in that he's the de facto leader of the X-Treme Force, but he also tagged with 17 as GEKIDO on the iPPV. He represents both. I'd probably keep him with GEKIDO for ease's sake, and maybe assign him as a manager to all of X-Treme Force or something like that?

As for the spoilers...

Is there any confirmation that 17 is Kyle Matthews? I've only seen it referred to once, and even then just as a rumour. I can see the similarity, so I wouldn't be surprised, but I've not seen confirmation anywhere.

As for other identities that I don't mind divulging (don't know if the other "identities" are in the database or not...

Sidney Bakabella is Joey Eastman

Flex Rumblecrunch is Sean Burke

Max Smashmaster is Sebastian Reese

CHIKARA gets confusing, as there are some alter-egos that could conceivably be played by anyone, some that are consistently played by somebody already on the roster (which is something TEW can't really replicate). I've always been fond of keeping a degree of kayfabe for CHIKARA workers and including some of the masked guys even if their unmasked alter ego already exists in the data. If only because people sometimes get these things wrong - I know there's at least one gimmick I thought was definitely a certain guy until they were both in the ring at the same time, and there's plenty of people online who'll try and tell you that Kobald is Hydra, amongst others.

regarding Chikara, would people rather me keep the alter egos as separate people or give them to the people in above? i can add the missing workers with random stats if people want but i dont watch chikara so it will be pure randonness

Also regarding the WWE talent that have been let go, want me to add them to the indy companies some have already signed up for (PWS have signed Clay and Hawkins) or wait till they actually appear?

Edited by cpt.charisma

In regards to Chikara alter egos, I'm firmly behind keeping them separate. This isn't like Bryan Danielson wrestling as "American Dragon," this is two different characters that happen to be portrayed by the same person. Because they're treated as separate people, I don't see a reason to make them one character in the game.

Besides, this also makes it impossible to simulate shows where people may wrestle twice under different gimmicks.

Besides besides, these alter egos are all rumors. Even if we're 99% sure, it hasn't been confirmed.

if you suggest company stats/events tv etc and a roster i will add Stardom

Name: World Wonder Ring Stardom

Initials: Stardom

Profile: World Wonder Ring Stardom is a Japanese joshi puroresu or female professional wrestling promotion, founded in September 2010 by Rossy Ogawa,Fuka Kakimoto and Nanae Takahashi.

Logo: Stardom

Web Site: wwr-stardom.p-kit.com

Set To Open: September 2010

Prestige: 45%

Momentum: C

Money: 500,000

Max Size: Cult

Drug Policy: Low

Regular Schedule

Owner: Fuka

Booker: Nanae Takahashi

Popularity: Kanto (35%) Rest of Japan (20%)

Style Name: Joshi Puroresu

Event Match Types: 1vs1 (55) 2vs2 (20) 3vs3 (15) Triangle (5) Four Way (5) Match Ratio (90)

TV Match Types: 1vs1 (60) 2vs2 (20) 3vs3 (15) Triangle (3) Four Way (2) Match Ratio (90)

Match Lengths: Minor (7min) Medium (13) Main (20) Minor TV (7) Medium TV (12) Main TV (16)

Traditional: Heavy, Medium, Heavy

Mainstream: Low, Very Low, Low

Comedy: Low, Low, Medium

Cult: None, None, Very Low

Risque: None, None, Very Low

Modern: Low, Very Low, Low

Realism: Low, Low, Medium

Hyper Realism: Very Low, Very Low, Low

Hardcore: Very Low, Very Low, Low

Lucha Libre: Medium, Low, Medium

Pure: Low, Low, Medium

Daredevil: Very Low, Very Low, Low

Match Intensity: 50%

Match Danger: 35%

Women's Wrestling: Entire Company

T&A Levels: None

Face\Heel Divide: Yes

Roster:

Act Yasukawa (Active Wrestler - import from TheWho's Data)

(The) Alpha Female (Active Wrestler)

Azumi (Active Wrestler - import from TheWho's Data)

Dark Angel(Sarah Stock) (Active Wrestler)

Hiroyo Matsumoto (Active Wrestler)

Io Shirai (Active Wrestler)

Kairi Hojo (Active Wrestler - import from TheWho's Data)

Kaori Yoneyama (Active Wrestler)

Kyoko Kimura (Active Wrestler)

Mayu Iwatani (Active Wrestler)

Miho Wakizawa (Active Wrestler - import from TheWho's Data)

Mika Nagano (Active Wrestler)

Nanae Takahashi (Active Wrestler)

Takumi Iroha (Active Wrestler - import from TheWho's Data)

Yoshiko (Active Wrestler)

Kyohei Wada (Referee)

Fuka (Authority Figure)

Championships:

World Of Stardom (Io Shirai 29.04.2013)

Wonder of Stardom (Act Yasukawa 04.11.2013)

Goddesses of Stardom (Kimura Monster-gun [Alpha Female & Kyoko Kimura] 26.01.2014)

Artist of Stardom (Tawashis [Hiroyo Matsumoto, Mayu Iwatani & Miho Wakizawa] 29.12.2013)

High Speed (Io Shirai 06.05.2014)

Annual Tournaments:

5*Star Grand Prix - September (last winner - Nanae Takahashi)

Goddesses of Stardom Tag League - November (last winners - Taito Tag [Act Yasukawa & Kyoko Kimura])

Rookie of Stardom - December (last winner - Takumi Iroha)

Events:

March - Stardom The Highest (sunday, week 2)

April - Stardom Osaka Championship Night (sunday, week 2)

May - Stardom Shining Stars (sunday, week 2)

September - 5*Star Grand Prix (sunday, week 2)

November - Goddesses of Stardom Tag League (sunday, week 2)

December - Rookie of Stardom (sunday, week 2)

Edited by No1Thuganomic

In regards to Chikara alter egos, I'm firmly behind keeping them separate. This isn't like Bryan Danielson wrestling as "American Dragon," this is two different characters that happen to be portrayed by the same person. Because they're treated as separate people, I don't see a reason to make them one character in the game.

No, but its pretty much exactly like The Colons portraying Los Matadores or Hunico portraying Sin Cara. It wouldn't make sense to have them in as duplicates and its kind of a cheat since it gives you two fresh wrestlers.

Personally, I say if a wrestler is pretty well confirmed as one of the Chikara (or anyone's) characters then they should be an alter ego. If there's some genuine doubt about it that's a different story but considering

Soldier Ant and Drew Gulak

are both pretty prominent indy workers if we're confident they're the same guy than it seems like a huge error if they're both in there.

Sure, it will make some Chikara games harder if you want to play a certain way but that's just a problem with the TEW game. If you really want to end around it with a "cheat" you always can import them in from an older database, but it seems odd for us to argue that the data should hold onto errors/duplicates for what's probably a niche booking idea.

• Like 2

Fair enough - I've not listened to it, but if it's kayfabe-heavy, then probably worth ignoring. The only "real life" relationship I've ever heard of between Kingston and Cesaro is that when King had nowhere to stay, Claudio and Sara put him up for a while. And, as far as the mechanics of the game go, I doubt it'd even be worth a "friendship" relationship, as I doubt either one of them would get upset if you released the other or whatever.

Set Dean Allmark to active in Japan and add him to Wrestle-1

Also in regards to Wrestle-1

WRESTLE-1 and WNC have officially come to terms with an agreement that will be going into effect as of July 1. Those involved are TAJIRI, AKIRA, Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio, and Rionne Fujiwara will all be directly a part of the agreement with W-1.

What this pretty much means is that all of the male talent in WNC will be under W-1 going forward, but all the female talent in WNC will be remaining under affiliation with WNC-REINA.

TAJIRI & AKIRA will be making their debuts under W-1 on the July 21 show at the Korakuen Hall while the rest of the talent are in talks to begin as of the start of that tour on July 12. TAJIRI mentioned that he has been a producer for WNC since the SMASH era and that he is looking forward to just becoming an active wrestler once more. He also said that he looks forward to being a part of Mutoh and W-1’s proposed global expansion and future developments.

WNC will be going on hiatus following the show on June 26 at the Shinjuku FACE. WNC was also going to be holding a contendership tournament for the WNC Championship as well, but that as well will be placed on hiatus.

I'd like to talk about something general that may lead to a big discussion or a big do-over for most companies.

It concerns the push on a roster.

Right now - correct me if I'm wrong - we decide the position of a wrestler on the card of a roster by popularity only, right?

I guess that's not the way it is ment to be, as Popularity is only one of the factors to determine the Overness.

I believe the other factors are recent fortunes and momentum, which you can edit for every contract itself.

This allows to have workers who are a big star only in a specific promotion to be maineventer and still be on the lower card of similiar promotions.

Does that make any sense the way I described my concerns?

Change Kofi Kingston's WWE and default babyface gimmick to Old School Face

Change Jon Moxley's default babyface and WWE gimmick to Loose Cannon

Change Goldust's WWE gimmick to Weirdo

Change Tyler Black's WWE gimmick to Arrogant

Change Joe Anoa'i's WWE gimmick to Bad Ass

Change CM Punk's default babyface gimmick to Straight Edge

Change Quinton Jackson's default babyface gimmick to MMA Bad Ass

Add Low Ki to TNA. Babyface Martial Artist

Check active in Japan for Mark Calaway

Check active in Japan for Bobby Heenan

Check active in Japan for Nick Bockwinkel

Check active in Japan for Ric Flair

Check active in Japan for Ricky Steamboat

Check active in Japan for Harley Race

Change Nick Nemeth's default babyface gimmick to Cocky Face

Change Gail Kim's TNA gimmick to Old School Face

Change Matt Hardy's default babyface gimmick to Old School Face

Make Dan Maff's default babyface, heel and PWS gimmick Bad Ass

Remove Silas Young from DGUSA/Evolve

Change Silas Young's default babyface gimmick to Old School Face and default heel gimmick to Old School Heel

Change Silas Young's AAW gimmick to Old School Heel

Change Cryme Tyme's team type to regular

Change Trish Stratus' status to retired wrestler

Change Tony Mamaluke's status to retired wrestler

Change Trailer Park Trash's default bayface and heel gimmick to Trailer Trash

Change Christopher Daniels default babyface and heel gimmicks to Cocky Face and Arrogant

Change Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian to babyfaces in ROH and change both of their ROH gimmicks to Cocky Face.

Change Chris Hero's DGUSA/Evolve, NOAH, PWG, PWS and WXW gimmick to No Gimmick Needed

Add stable The Unstoppable Alliance. Members: MVP, Bobby Lashley and Kenny King

Add Marc Harris as an alter ego for Ronnie Washington. Promotion used: WWE, Usage: 100%, Gimmick: Staff Member

For Rob Terry's alter ego The Freak, change mask to New Mask - New

Bully Ray recently said in an interview that he was dating Velvet Sky. Change the Chris Sabin and Velvet sky relationship to split up and add a dating relationship with Bully Ray and Velvet Sky.

ROH Spoiler:

Michael Elgin is the new ROH World Champion

NWA Spoiler:

Rob Conway is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

NJPW Spoilers:

Alex Shelley and Kushida are the new IWGP Junior Tag Team Champions

Bad Luck Fale is the new IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

TNA Spoilers:

Bobby Lashley is the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion

Austin Aries is the new TNA X-Division Champion

Gail Kim is the new TNA Knockouts Champion

Change Bobby Roode to a face, change gimmick to Old School Face

Rename Willow to Jeff Hardy

Add Tommy Dreamer to TNA, semi active wrestler Babyface Extremist

Add Rhino to TNA, Heel Man Beast

Edited by Y2JFan111

Check active in Japan for Mark Calaway

Check active in Japan for Bobby Heenan

Check active in Japan for Nick Bockwinkel

Why?!

We don't even know if 'Taker is going to be active in the US any more, let alone in Japan. Heenan is not active in Japan for reasons that shouldn't even need to be explained. Hell, I'd argue he should be "Out Of The Business" in TEW, but very few people agreed with me on that one last time I suggested it.

When did Nick Bockwinkel last make an appearance in Japan? 2000?

• Like 4

Is Nick making any appearances in wrestling at all? I couldn't imagine it outside of maybe a celebration ceremony or something. This plugging people into databases just because has gotten really out of hand.

• Like 1

When did Steamboat last appear in Japan? Isn't he a road agent for WWE? I doubt that touring with them leaves much time go to wrestle in Japan

Curt Hawkins has a new wrestling school/dojo called Create A Pro Wrestling Academy opened up in March 2014.

Some injuries in NXT you may wish to add

- WWE NXT star Marcus Louis is currently out of action with a leg injury. Cal Bishop is also out of action, with a torn rotator cuff and that could have him out 7-8 months if he needs surgery. Here’s the list of recent injuries that we know of to WWE developmental talents:

* Tyler Breeze, broken finger

* Corey Graves, second concussion

* Kendall Skye, broken wrist

* Dana Brooke, leg injury

* Veronica Lane, leg injury

* Marcus Louis, leg injury

* Cal Bishop, torn rotator cuff

We noted earlier that Slate Randall was out of action with a concussion but he tweeted that the concussion came in early May and he’s already been cleared to return.