EWR 2014 Stats Update: June ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

OK, let's tackle some of this...

First, the debate on who should and shouldn't get the "Unique" gimmick. Here's my thoughts:

The requirement to get it ingame is to be involved in a 100% segment. So, the ability to get a 100% segment, IMO, should be one of the things we look at, if not the main thing.

Brock Lesnar: Current Gimmick: Machine

Personally, I can't think of a time where he would have gotten a 100% segment IRL... MAYBE pinning the Undertaker at WrestleMania, but even then, you'd have to take the match quality into account, which certainly wasn't 100%... You could argue Bad Ass and Legit Athlete... But Unique? Personally, I say no.

CM Punk: Currently has the Unique gimmick and IMO, it's justified. I'm not the biggest Punk fan, nor am I a Punk hater, but there have been more than one of his segments in recent years on RAW that I would personally classify as a 100% segment, the most obvious being the "shoot" segment at the top of the stage a couple years back. IMO, Punk has earned the Unique gimmick.

Dusty Rhodes: Current gimmick is "People's Boss" and it probably needs to be changed. I could see Old School Face, or Inspirational Leader, as the in-game "Example" for the gimmick is Dusty Rhodes. But, considering he's a backstage member of WWE (at least to the best of my knowledge) and has no on-screen booking abilities, I'd say Staff Member would be the best fit.

Hulk Hogan: Current gimmick is "Hero," and well, the "Example" is 1980's Hulk Hogan... Pretty much the same gimmick he's done since returning to WWE. I personally don't see a reason to change it from "Hero," but if people really think Hogan deserves "Unique," I could certainly see that and wouldn't fight hard against it.

Jake Roberts: I set Jake to "Loner" and think, as a face, that's probably the best we can do as far as EWR gimmicks is concerned. While Jake is certainly a unique individual, especially on the microphone, I can't really think of any time where he would have gotten a 100% segment.

John Cena: Currently has Unique and I personally think it fits well for him. A suggestion was made to make his gimmick "Hero," but I can't recall any time where a "Hero" was booed by at least half of the crowd nearly every time he comes out.

Mr. McMahon: The problem I ave with making McMahon Unique would be that, if he has the Unique gimmick, I'm not sure if he'd be able to book matches ingame, like the Authority Figure gimmick can, which is what Vince is currently. If a worker with the Unique gimmick can still participate in those type of Authority Angles, I'd have no issue with giving the Unique gimmick to Vince.

Paul Heyman: Heyman is listed as the "Example" for the Sports Agent gimmick and at least IMO, he really hasn't changed his gimmick much over the years. Yeah, he's lost the cell phone and the baseball hat, but he still refers to the workers he manages as "clients," much like a sports agent would. I won't argue that Heyman is good at what he does, maybe the best manager currently, but has he ever had a 100% segment in anyone's eyes...?

Scott Hall: Currently listed as a Staff member for JCW and is the "Example" for "Cool." Is he still "cool"...? I could go either way on that. But, if he's still serving as a staff member in JCW, it should stay as is. I just personally don't see Hall being "Unique," but that's me...

Triple H: Currently has the Unique gimmick, but dunno if he should, due to his role as COO. Like Vince, if a worker having the Unique gimmick can't be part of those authority angles, it makes more sense to me to have them as Authority Figures, as opposed to unique. I'm not really arguing that Vince and Triple H aren't unique, but Authority Figure for both of them could very well fit better into the parameters set by the game.

Again, all just my opinions on each worker discussed. Feel free to continue discussing them, if anyone disagrees.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 1

Some other notes while I'm at it... Wanted to start a new post to change subjects, but to also make sure all of my thoughts saved... :)

Dangerous Danny Davis' D.O.B. is March 1st 1960

Everywhere I've researched has his birthdate as 3/28/56... Out of curiosity, where'd you find 3/1/60...?

Farah is from Iran so change her nationality to Other

While Telma Roshanravan played an Iranian in WOW, everywhere I've read has her from Diamond Bar, CA.

Change Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards TNA contracts to written

Both have two other promotions that thye are working for ingame... Dunno if they are anymore, I'll be sure to check that out.

Change Gail Kim's gimmick to Old School Face

I know she turned from heel to face, but is she really an "Old School Face" now...? As a heel, I believe she had the "Arrogant" gimmick. Usually, when a worker with the Arrogant gimmick turns face, I give them "Cocky," as I see it as the EWR face equivalent of "Arrogant." I'll admit, I haven't seen much TNA, but I can't imagine Gail now out slapping fives with fans an all that stuff... Just a "face" version of essentially the same gimmick.

Change Dawn Marie to a face and change gimmick to Old School Face

Same thing here. Maybe at meet-and-greets, Dawn is all smiles and handshakes, but I just don't see that being her "character" if she's working a show. Ingame currently, she's a Heel and her gimmick is a Slut. If she is working face these days, we could flip her and change the gimmick to Seductress, because I'm guessing that that would be a lot closer to dawn's character than Old School Face is.

Change Mustafa to a face

His current gimmick is "Gangsta," which only works on Heels and Tweeners... We'd need a new gimmick for him to turn him face and as is the case with the previous two, I'm doubting he's an Old School Face, all smiles and slapping fives now... any suggestions on a gimmick that works for Mustafa as face...?

Remove the Love relationship between Pelle Primeau and Veda Scott

Last I knew, the two were engaged... Granted, that was a bit back, but haven't found anything to the contrary... Any way to know that they're no longer together...?

I was going over some free agents and I came across a man named Flash Christian. I looked him and from what I could find, he is no where near 20 years old. Should we go through the database and look for people that need to be fixed?

Of course, that's why these threads exist... To try and get the data as accurate as possible.

Tommy Suede is the new WXW Blast Television and WXW Ultimate Hybrid Champion

Looking on Cagematch, he beat Bo Nekoda by Disqualification and that the titles didn't change hands... Is cagematch wrong about this?

Regarding Sin Cara's AAA name - We'll worry about changing it when he actually wrestles in AAA... No sense in changing it until we know that we're making the correct change.

Lilian Garcia should be moved from wrestler to staff (production). She isn't involved in angles nor does backstage interviews so I don't see why she was a worker in the first place.

She was involved in angles and did backstage interviews when she first entered the WWE (WWF then). She hasn't done any of that since returning, but there's no real need to move her to staff, as WWE already has 113 staff members and ends up cutting a junkload of them at the start of the game. Usually, once I add someone to the game as a worker, they stay there, unless extraordinary circumstances arise.

Alisha Ceraso: remove from the game, she took an office job with WWE not comparable to an on-screen or in-game staff role.

Same as Lilian, once someone is added as a worker, I don't usually remove them, because it doesn't make sense to add them to the staff, especially in WWE and there's really no reason to just remove someone. The workers file doesn't slow the loading time, the main culprit of that is the Relationships file.

The relationships file should be practically empty given how it affects the in game mechanics. Literally 90% of them should go.

I haven't added many relationships suggested (except obvious ones like blood) and have actually removed some here and there. I actually have paid attention to that "EWR Stats and Scenarios in Theory and Practice" thread and have worked on cutting some of the fat, so to speak. It's nowhere near done, but things are being removed.

That'll continue to happen and I won't really announce what I'm taking out... Reason being, if nobody misses it, it obviously wasn't important enough to begin with. If I end up pulling a "legit" relationship or tag team, I'm sure someone will notice and mention it. Then, if needed, we'll just re-add it.

Think that's all I've got for the time being.

-Bill

• Like 2

Thankl you for all your work. I'll try to provide Chikara new stats

Chikara (CHI)

Cult - 54%
Money: 2500000$

Risk: 51%
Advertising: 44%
Production: 66
Marchandinsg: 59%

Announcer: Gavin Loudespeaker and Leonard F. Chikarason (Tick Use Wrestlers?)

Development Territory: Wrestling Is Fun! (Booker: Chikara Office of Fun)
Training Camp: Chikara Wrestle Factory

Belts:

Chikara Grand Champion (63)
Campeones De Parejas (50)

Events:

May: You Only Live Twice
June: Quantum of Solace
July: The Living Daylights
August: Permis De Teur
September: King of Trios 2014
October: Thunderball

Staff:

Chikara Office of Fun -> Owner (Written)
Crazy Frank (None)
Bryce Remsburg (None)
Jonathan Barber (None) Increase his talent to 43
Natali Morris (None)
Dave Robel (None)
Gavin Loudspeaker (None)
Daniel Yost (Chikara, Referee, None, 6000, 37, 85)

Rename Green Ant to Silver Ant

Rename AssailANT to Worker Ant II

Rename Dalton Castle to Ashley Remington

Edited by metallica fan

Roster is now:

Faces:

Amasis
Archibald Peck

Ashley Remington
Dasher Hatfield
Fire Ant
Frightmare
Hallowicked
Icarus
Jervis Cottonbelly
Kodama
Mark Angelosetti
Obariyon
Ophidian
Scott Parker
Shane Matthews
Silver Ant
UltraMantis Black
Worker Ant (II)

Heels:

Arctic Rescue Ant
Ares
Blaster McMassive
Chuck Taylor
Delirious
deviAnt
Eddie Kingston
Flex Rumblecrunch
Jaka
Jigsaw
Jimmy Jacobs
Juan Francisco de Coronado
Max Smashmaster
Missile Assault Ant
Nøkken
Oliver Grimsly
Orbit Adventure Ant

Oleg The Usureper
Qefka the Quiet
The Shard
Sinn Bodhi
Soldier Ant
Tursas

WiF:

Estonian ThunderFrog

Lithuanian Snow Troll

Proletariat Boar of Moldova

Mr. Azerbaijan

El Hijo del Ice Cream

Ice Cream, Jr.

Marion Fontaine

Lance Steel II

Jolly Roger

Kimber Lee

Eric Corvis

Leech Landa

Shynron

But probably most of this are not in the DB.....

• Admin

Dusty Rhodes: Current gimmick is "People's Boss" and it probably needs to be changed. I could see Old School Face, or Inspirational Leader, as the in-game "Example" for the gimmick is Dusty Rhodes. But, considering he's a backstage member of WWE (at least to the best of my knowledge) and has no on-screen booking abilities, I'd say Staff Member would be the best fit.

Mr. McMahon: The problem I ave with making McMahon Unique would be that, if he has the Unique gimmick, I'm not sure if he'd be able to book matches ingame, like the Authority Figure gimmick can, which is what Vince is currently. If a worker with the Unique gimmick can still participate in those type of Authority Angles, I'd have no issue with giving the Unique gimmick to Vince.

Triple H: Currently has the Unique gimmick, but dunno if he should, due to his role as COO. Like Vince, if a worker having the Unique gimmick can't be part of those authority angles, it makes more sense to me to have them as Authority Figures, as opposed to unique. I'm not really arguing that Vince and Triple H aren't unique, but Authority Figure for both of them could very well fit better into the parameters set by the game.

Dusty is no longer the GM of NXT - and since then he's done nothing. Old School Face.

I'm 99.999% sure that the Unique gimmick can participate in authority angles. I haven't played EWR in years yet that fact sticks out in my mind.

Green Ant is still called Green Ant, he's never used the name Silver Ant that I know of.

And why Lance Steel II and not just Lance Steel for the Lance Steel in WiF?

Yeah, was just coming here to correct myself on that, seeing that he had changed it on Twitter. Disregard that bit, then!

Rename Joseph Park to Abyss

Rename Kenneth Cameron to Bram

Remove Chris Jericho and Stone Cold from WWE.

Make CM Punk a Non-Wrestler

Add Rebel, give her a TNA Contract and add to The Menagerie

Make Batista a Non-Wrestler, open contract.

I would make Robbie Ellis owner of CHIKARA (If it is put in) as he is the on-screen owner.

Make Mike Quackenbush a non-wrestler in CHIKARA. Gimmick: People's boss.

Edited by EWRDrCube

Jake Roberts: I set Jake to "Loner" and think, as a face, that's probably the best we can do as far as EWR gimmicks is concerned. While Jake is certainly a unique individual, especially on the microphone, I can't really think of any time where he would have gotten a 100% segment.

For Jake: What about the time at the end of 1991 when he had his snake bite Randy Savage's arm right before Survivor Series?

Yes, all non-wrestlers can book matches, regardless of gimmick.

• Like 1

I see the logic behind it, but we don't know for sure how long he's out for, and can't make assumptions on what his schedule would be like when he returns. Unfortunately there's no "on hiatus" option like there is in TEW. I think it should really be seen as something more akin to a guy getting injured than someone legitimately leaving the company - unfortunately, time off is just not something that can be reflected in-game.