TEW05 Real World Update: June 2014

Ok, so long story short, still working on getting everything off of my old hard drive. I'm having to rely on a friend, of a friend, rather than going through a local PC store, a Staples or even buying a converter myself. Also waiting for my new comp to arrive, still, so that's another hang up.

There will probably be an update this month, basically it depends on when I get everything settled. I have an extra itch to play the game anyway, so I'll rush an update out ASAP.

Thanks again to all for the understanding, and here's hoping my next post is the official August update.

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally the PC issue is getting sorted out. Considering it's so late in the month, I won't rush and update out, but I can promise a September release, hopefully within the first few days of the month.

Edited by tougie

Great to hear that tougie!

Maybe in September, you can also add Veronica Lane, Devin Taylor and Kendall Skye. I don't know about the abilities tho, it's just they already been profiled in WWE website and wikipedia. So it's strange not to see them in the game.

Don't forget about NXT's tag team. Change the "English and Gotch" to "The Vaudevillains" also add a tag team between Scott Dawon and Dash Wilder (Steven Walters), they're called "The Mechanics" if I'm not mistaken.

Dragon Gate notes:

BxB Hulk is the Open The Dream Gate Champion.

Hulk should be face.

Add Punch (Chihiro) Tominaga to Mad Blankey (when stats are created.)

Add a stable called Millenials with Eita, T-HAWK and Flamita. Set the established date as July 2013. (U-T and Yosuke Santa Maria should be added when stats are created)

Add a stable called Team Pantalones with Hulk, Masaaki Mochizuki and Dragon Kid. They are going to be a stable in September with a new name. The suggested name is a makeshift name they used in the Triangle Gate tournament.

Remove Hulk from Mad Blankey.

Remove Mochi and DK from We Are Team Veteran.

I hope to come up with stats for Chihiro/Punch Tominaga, Ryostu Shimizu, Yosuke Watanabe/Santa Maria, Yuga Hayashi (a recently debuted young boy) and Yuta Tanaka/U-T.

Another update from NXT. These wrestlers are no longer under contract:

Travis Tyler

Garrett Dylan

Slate Randall

And add these wrestlers to the roster:

Kevin Steen

Prince Devitt (I think the name would be Fergal Devitt)

Kenta

Willie Mack

Add NXT ArRIVAL, NXT Takeover and NXT Takeover 2 all to Events.

Should we raise NXT's popularity? Just so the WWE NXT wouldn't lose any TV slot?

Just another update guys, feel awful about dragging this on and on at this point. The friend, of a friend, is just fucking around at this point. Always "busy" when it comes to me either getting my hard drive back, or him finishing the transfer. So unfortunately I'm still unable to do anything. The second the issue is resolved, the very first thing I plan on doing is providing an update.

Dia Hearts just formed last night at Dragon Gate's monthly Kouraken show. This is the Hulk, Mochi and DK group I previously alluded to.

Joe Lider turned heel in AAA and joined Perros Del Mal (possibly La Anarquia too as he sided with Daga in attacks later on.)

Came looking for the September update, sorry to hear about the continued issues tougie.

I'm assuming some smart folk have been keeping their own databases generally up to date? At least for WWE & TNA - anyone care to share their database or point me to an alternative TEW 05 real world update? Would be greatly appreciated.

Also with regards updates, TNA in talks with both WGN America and Velocity channels regarding airing their show(s) in the future. The latter channel doesn't appear to be listed in the networks list. I'm in the UK so not familiar with the channel, anyone care to suggest a size etc? According to Wikipedia its available in " approximately 52,271,000 American households (45.77% of households with television)".

Edited by TNA UK

• 2 weeks later...

I can't commit to saying there will be a release this month, because the issue hasn't been resolved. The second I secure the contents of my previous hard drive, I'll work on the update and have it released ASAP. Had I known this would be an issue for this long, I would have simply bitten the bullet and downloaded a previous release and worked on it from there.

So fingers crossed that there will be an update out this month, and I can get back to monthly release, but I can't currently say with certainty that it will happen. The guy doing the transfer does have a solid excuse for constantly being busy, working two jobs to support his family, so I'm not pressuring too much. But then again, it has been almost 4 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, working on getting new data ready. Got tired of waiting for this guy, and I honestly wish I was joking in terms of this 4 month wait I've gone through to get everything off of my old hard drive. For this release, there may be mistakes, due to the fact that I've downloaded the June release, and I know for a fact I made a myriad of changes for what would have been the July update. So odds are some things are going to be overlooked, especially on the picture and logo side of things (mainly due to Rapidshare's bullshit).

It may be a few days, or I might hold it off until November 1st just to really look at the data and make the wait worth while. Again, I apologize for the whole ordeal, but I look forward to being able to provide these data updates once again and on the proper monthly schedule.

Edited by tougie

I agree with TPS, tougie. Take your time and just put out the great version we know you can and always do. In my opinion it is much better to take the time and put out a great version rather than rush jobs. That being said, if I can help I will. I am also going to tell you something that you should hear more often to be honest in my opinion once more. You do a great job doing what the most of us either don't have the time or (in my case) the ability to concentration to do. I honestly enjoy the updates you do. Just shoot for the first of November and put a great one out man. Also here is something you should hear more often. Thank you for doing the favor of creating these wonderful updates.