TEW05 Real World Update: June 2014

Quick update

Can't guarantee that the update will be ready today, unfortunately. A lot happened in the wrestling world between June and now. I also ended up making a lot of changes with the pic pack, but that too a lot longer than expected. However, the update will be out within the next few days, just can't guarantee today.

Still working on it, but I definitely underestimated just how much has changed since the last update. Doesn't help that I lost power for two days this past weekend, had both nights off from work, so I missed out on being able to get a large chunk of progress there.

Overall, it's going alright. Hundreds of pics have been added to the data, so that took a while. But as for the data itself, a lot has changed for a lot of companies. Looking at WWE, something as simple as Swagger and Colter being heels needed to be changed. Hell, BNB was still listed as the IC Champ.

So at this point, I'm regretting the November promise, simply because I wasn't expecting this process to take as long. Only makes me regret waiting so long for a certain jackass to get the data off of my hard drive (heard from him last week anything saying he couldn't get any more off of it, so why it took 4 months to tell me I'm not sure).

I'm not going to rush the update out. If it takes until next month, or longer, so be it. I still have a standard for the updates, and want to make them worth playing. There are still companies I want to add, mainly Smash Wrestling, but the more I want to do, the longer it takes.

It's all good man. Like I said before, I understand computer issues. I use to be in an fantasy wrestling promotion. I had 8 wrestlers I cut promos for and mine just crashed. Took a month almost, lost the titles /I won. Then when I did get back I had dropped really low in all rankings. I agree that the guy with your hard drive should have gotten back to you sooner. Take your time and turn out a great one. I'll catch up with you later man.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a lot longer than expected, but a December release is just about ready to go. Going to take a couple of months to get the database into what I consider good territory, as pretty much everything needs to be worked on (workers, TV stations, stables, etc).

Look forward to getting this update out there and hopefully getting some solid feedback of what needs to be changed (which will be a lot).

Edited by tougie

• 6 months later...

*optimistic bump of resurrection* Not really sure what happened in this thread but I would love to know, and I'm sure all the other TEW 05 users would as well. Most of the aspects of this last update are no longer available for download, and there are no other consistent databases available for 05, least of all with not as much quality as these. An update would be highly appreciated.

How do the stats from TEW13 and TEW05 differ? I'm looking to use the last database provided here and pick up what I need from TEW13. The only interest I have is I want to finally move on from EWR. But I'd want to know how much work I have ahead of me.

How do the stats from TEW13 and TEW05 differ? I'm looking to use the last database provided here and pick up what I need from TEW13. The only interest I have is I want to finally move on from EWR. But I'd want to know how much work I have ahead of me.

If you upgrade to TEW13 I would recomend using a TEW13 specific database, they would have been built specifically with the new changes in the game engine.