WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I know the 2k14 thread had started to lead to some discussions about the next game, figure maybe we should start up a new thread for ideas, discussion, etc. I would think/hope we'll at least get some sort of new info within the next month. Maybe a screenshot or two?

So far all that's known is that there is going to be a Career mode similar to other 2k series games, and NXT is supposedly going to have a major focus since your character would start there. Not sure how reputable it is but I did read that there are going to be plenty of NXT wrestlers on the roster in order to make the career mode work. That would be wonderful. In the last game I downloaded basically the whole NXT roster and focused my entire Universe Mode on them so to have them in by default would be awesome.

I read Goldberg is probably going to be in the game again for whatever reason, and Sting should be in too. If Sting makes it in, he reeks of "pre-order exclusive".

I'd assume we get some of the same legends we get every single year, but I really do hope they put most of their focus on the active roster and NXT this year. I mean really they should be able to get nearly the entire active roster circa WrestleMania 30 in, as there has been very little turnover in the roster in the past year or so. I'd imagine guys who formally debuted after WrestleMania like Rusev, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, etc. could get held off for DLC - but then again maybe they're in the game anyway as part of NXT mode?

Also read somewhere that 30 Years of WrestleMania mode might return...but I really have no idea what the point would be since we already got most of the important matches last year. Unless they wanted to add WrestleMania 30 so that you could make Paul Heyman's client, Brock Lesnar, end the Undertaker's undefeated streak at WresteMania.

I really want a new game engine, but I'm not optimistic at all about that. Regardless I won't kid myself. I just got a PS4 to be me primary system so I will definitely have a wrestling game for it. I'm getting this regardless. Here's hoping I don't get bored of the game within a month.

• Like 1

I think this is the closest we're likely to get to a brand new game engine; the fact that it was almost delayed 'til 2015 fills me with hope, and suggests that 2k were at least prepared to spend more time on it than usual, so I'm quietly optimistic. It also helps that it will be developed (I'm assuming) for new consoles, which is as good an excuse to revamp stuff as any.

The NXT/career mode is quite exciting if it means the likes of Sami Zayn are in, and if they've got Sting tied down to any kind of deal, then it would be foolish not to put him in there, just for the major publicity of Sting being in a WWE game for the first time ever. It would get at least as much hype as Warrior being announced for the last one.

I'd read somewhere that they wanted a kind of live update thing, so that if someone's hair or attire changed (presumably not too drastically) in real life, the game could update to reflect that, which would be a nice aesthetic touch if true.

Not really sure what the point of doing 30 Years Of Wrestlemania again is, it feels like diminishing returns - either you're left playing the same matches as last year, or else you're stuck with lesser matches from the same card. I'm hoping that there's some kind of "dream matches" angle to it this time round; rather than rehashing past matches, it should embrace what you can do in a video game and not in real life, and put together matches that never happened. I know it's been done in past games, but let people play Andre vs. Big Show, Sting vs. Undertaker, whatever. Do a "Past vs. Present" or a "WWE vs. WCW" series of matches. It would remove historical objectives, but I'm sure they could work around that and come up with something better.

It appears that it'll be using the "Eco Motion" engine that 2K used for their NBA games, so that's a plus, as it presumably means some of the crappy old animations might finally be done away with.

I hope CAW mode gets a reasonable overhaul too, it seems like the last couple of years haven't really changed all that much. More moves would be nice, too - I miss Smackdown 2 having a whole bunch of "Japanese" moves that nobody in the game used, but you could unlock for CAWs and whatnot. Osaka Street Cutter!

• Like 1

The NXT/career mode is quite exciting if it means the likes of Sami Zayn are in, and if they've got Sting tied down to any kind of deal, then it would be foolish not to put him in there, just for the major publicity of Sting being in a WWE game for the first time ever. It would get at least as much hype as Warrior being announced for the last one.

Technically Sting doesnt need to be signed to WWE to be in the game, Warrior wasnt connected to WWE last year but 2K contacted him about being included and he accepted, the only thing with WWE is they have to ok any content for the game.

I woudlent mind a WCW vs. modern WWE storymode if they included it as long as there were limited duplicates maybe just alternate attires.

As I mentioned in the 2K14 thread oen thing I would love to have included is the option to just use one wrestler in Universe mode and to turn off editing so you could play it as a continus season/storymode.

I say every year that I'm not going to get excited about a new WWE game, because I'll only end up playing it for a month or two, will never end up finishing up single player, and then will only sporadically play it after that.

Then every year, there's a hook to bring me in. Being able to play as Tyler Breeze and selfie my way down the ramp would be awesome.

I love the concept of there being a career mode where you start at the bottom and work your way up. As iffy as WWF Attitude was, even that allowed you to start doing house shows before you made it to Heat, then RAW then pay-per view headlining. That's just a built-in system that is too good not to include. I kind of saw it coming though with the focus that 2K Sports games put on their "Be A Player" styled modes.

While I wasn't a huge fan of some aspects of NBA 2K14 - man, they knew how to make it really feel like you were the guy starting off and moving up the ladder. If they can bring that feel to a WWE game it wouldn't need much else to get me interested.

• Like 1

As great as the prospect is, I'm just hoping it isn't linear. I have no previous experience with 2K sports games so don't as much about their past career modes, but I don't want to be made to go for Title A when I'd rather go for Title B, or settle unfinished business with somebody else.

Wasn't there a game that made you start on Velocity/Sunday Night HEAT then work your way up to the main roster? Or am I just dreaming?

I love the concept of there being a career mode where you start at the bottom and work your way up. As iffy as WWF Attitude was, even that allowed you to start doing house shows before you made it to Heat, then RAW then pay-per view headlining. That's just a built-in system that is too good not to include.

Wasn't there a game that made you start on Velocity/Sunday Night HEAT then work your way up to the main roster? Or am I just dreaming?

I love the concept of there being a career mode where you start at the bottom and work your way up. As iffy as WWF Attitude was, even that allowed you to start doing house shows before you made it to Heat, then RAW then pay-per view headlining. That's just a built-in system that is too good not to include.

Wrestlemania 21 for the original Xbox is the game I was thinking of, sorry.

• Like 1

As great as the prospect is, I'm just hoping it isn't linear. I have no previous experience with 2K sports games so don't as much about their past career modes, but I don't want to be made to go for Title A when I'd rather go for Title B, or settle unfinished business with somebody else.

I don't think it'd be too difficult to have a branching type story mode with choices that let you pick your direction.

I love the concept of there being a career mode where you start at the bottom and work your way up. As iffy as WWF Attitude was, even that allowed you to start doing house shows before you made it to Heat, then RAW then pay-per view headlining. That's just a built-in system that is too good not to include. I kind of saw it coming though with the focus that 2K Sports games put on their "Be A Player" styled modes.

While I wasn't a huge fan of some aspects of NBA 2K14 - man, they knew how to make it really feel like you were the guy starting off and moving up the ladder. If they can bring that feel to a WWE game it wouldn't need much else to get me interested.

Right. I am okay with story modes, but in wrestling games, they often have that all too crushing realization that the story has to end and that is it. Whereas even if the story element is very basic, a WWE where your player character is dynamically able to win and lose for perpetuity until the player's decided end point has a lot more appeal to me personally. It's what has kept me going back to the NBA 2K games even with their massive time investment.

Came in here looking for some announced features but the heavy possibility of an NXT Career mode has my attention.

Did enjoy the Wrestlemania 21 career mode even if it was a bit lacking in other areas, So fingers crossed 2k15 will bring the goods.

The one thing I would request is that in the career mode we can add other CAS' to the mode other than just the player character so that we can end up with CAS tag teams or stables in the mode. I think HCTP had that ability.

Edited by Slogger

Right. I am okay with story modes, but in wrestling games, they often have that all too crushing realization that the story has to end and that is it. Whereas even if the story element is very basic, a WWE where your player character is dynamically able to win and lose for perpetuity until the player's decided end point has a lot more appeal to me personally. It's what has kept me going back to the NBA 2K games even with their massive time investment.

Then what's the point? To playing a singles career mode when you could just play in the (assumed) Universe mode as one guy? That seems to simulate the old Smackdown 2 way of doing things far better than a singles career mode that is essentially a Dolph Ziggler simulator.

I woudlent mind a WCW vs. modern WWE storymode if they included it as long as there were limited duplicates maybe just alternate attires.

HELL NO! No more Attidude Era mode or WrestleMania History mode where half the roster is legends! Maybe add a few, but would like the focus to be as much on the current guys as possible. They should get as many current wrestlers in as possible that were around during the cut-off date (that is usually around WrestleMania, isn't it?) and don't waste space on "Legends". Especially if tha means three versions of Triple H or Taker.

I know it is a minor thing but I would also love to get the "Create A PPV" from Smackdown Vs RAW back. And if that isn't possible give me the possibility to book up to or more then 8 matches on a PPV during the Universe mode (if they plan to include that again).

• Like 1

I stopped buying when it switched to WWE brand over SDvR, mostly because I was sick of so many legends. You can't make it an annual release and then focus all your energy on the same fucking legends every year. I'd buy the game every year if it just came with a full and updated current roster (including NXT). It's nice to have legends, but limit them or make them DLC, it's the kind of stuff that DLC is made for.

• Like 1

By my count, they have around 30 NXT superstars and divas that probably should be there, and 2k14 had around 36 legends before DLC was added. No reason we can't get a full NXT roster if they are putting a focus on it.

If the NXT thing pans out, I could see the roster topping out at around 15ish, with around another 15 legends (inc. Sting).