WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Legends like Hogan and Andre are much more marketable and a better selling point to a wider audience than a bunch of NXT guys. A large proportion of the people who buy the game will probably have never heard of or care very little for the NXT guys.

• Like 1

There will definitely be legends in the game, there always are. The Rock, Stone Cold, and HBK are always in it whether they've appeared on TV recently or not. I think Hogan is definitely going to join them as somebody who will be in the game every year for the forseeable future. Warrior being in again except this time not as pre-order DLC also seems likely with his HOF induction. I wouldn't even rule out Edge being in for some reason, he's done nothing with WWE recently but he is one of only about 4 guys left that has literally been in every game since the inception of the series 14 years ago.

But if they can limit it to say 10 or less legends, they should still have plenty of room to fit in most everybody of importance from the main roster and a healthy amount of NXT guys for the new mode. The rosters the last couple of years were pretty huge, they just never felt that big because there were a lot of guys in the game several times over. The developers have always insisted that having 2-3 versions of the same guy takes up exactly as much space as 2-3 totally different guys, so theoretically they shouldn't have a huge space constraint and could feasibly pound out a roster of 80 or so playable characters with no duplicates.

Who do you think the highest rated OVR will be?

I'm thinking:

1. Cena - around 96/97
  2. Hogan/Taker/Rock/HBK - 95/96 range
  3. Bryan - 94/95
  4. Triple H/Lesnar - 93/94
  5. Edge/Flair/Sting/Orton/Shield/Sammartino/Bret/Andre/Batista/Kane/Wyatt/Sheamus/Savage/Angle (?) 90+

I think the legends contracts they give to the old guys pretty much give them the right to have them in Video games so they will not even second guess the idea of useing them.

True but then look at Foley who isnt resigning a legends contract on how he feels they have shifted him in regards to royalties.

I was bored so I tried taking a stab at the potential roster factoring in the rumors of NXT inclusion, etc. and keeping in mind that the roster cutoff for current guys seems to be somewhere between February and March. I decided to not exceed a roster of 82, which was what the roster size was last year not including DLC. Spoiler'd for length.

Current Roster

1. Alberto Del Rio
  2. Bad News Barrett
  3. Batista
  4. Big E
  5. Big Show
  6. Bo Dallas
  7. Bray Wyatt
  8. Brock Lesnar
  9. Brodus Clay
  10. Cesaro
  11. Christian
  12. Cody Rhodes
  13. Curtis Axel
  14. Damien Sandow
  15. Daniel Bryan
  16. Darren Young
  17. Dean Ambrose
  18. Dolph Ziggler
  19. Drew McIntyre
  20. Erick Rowan
  21. Fandango
  22. The Great Khali
  23. Goldust
  24. Heath Slater
  25. Jack Swagger
  26. Jey Uso
  27. Jimmy Uso
  28. Jinder Mahal
  29. John Cena
  30. Justin Gabriel
  31. Kane
  32. Kofi Kingston
  33. Luke Harper
  34. Mark Henry
  35. The Miz
  36. Randy Orton
  37. Rey Mysterio
  38. Roman Reigns
  39. R-Truth
  40. Rusev
  41. Ryback
  42. Santino Marella
  43. Seth Rollins
  44. Sheamus
  45. Sin Cara
  46. Titus O’Neil
  47. Triple H
  48. The Undertaker
  49. Zack Ryder

The current roster would be really well represented here, especially since there has been very little turnover. I would think CM Punk is one of the first character models that they worked on, but I can't see WWE wanting him in the game right away. If anything, I could see them holding Punk up for DLC. A few head-scratching inclusions like Gabriel, Clay, Ryder, etc. but recent history shows that guys who have been in the last year's version of the game have a better chance at being thrown in than brand new characters, like Los Matadores. As an aside, I have Bo Dallas and Rusev listed here since they're technically now main roster talent, but really I think they'll be in for NXT mode as they were making regular appearances there during cutoff time, otherwise they'd have missed out and been DLC, like Adam Rose.

NXT

1. Adrian Neville
  2. Aiden English
  3. CJ Parker
  4. Corey Graves
  5. Konnor
  6. Mojo Rawley
  7. Sami Zayn
  8. Tyler Breeze
  9. Viktor

It's not a huge NXT roster by any stretch, but I think they'd have gotten most of the "key" guys in. Could not give a fuck less about Mojo Rawley, but I think he'd be more likely to get in than Enzo, sadly. As mentioned above, if you figure Rusev and Bo Dallas are representing NXT in Career Mode and you sprinkle NXT with main roster guys like Cesaro as they do in real life, there should be plenty of guys to make the start of Career Mode fun. I won't even complain about CJ Parker being in because he'd be fun to use as a test dummy against CAWs.

Legends

1. Billy Gunn
  2. Edge
  3. Goldberg
  4. Hulk Hogan
  5. Jake Roberts
  6. JBL
  7. Mr. McMahon
  8. Road Dogg
  9. The Rock
  10. Scott Hall
  11. Shawn Michaels
  12. Stone Cold Steve Austin
  13. Ultimate Warrior

13 legends would make me go "ugh" but then again the way they're categorized in this list could be misleading. Vince is always in, it's just a matter of whether he's listed as a legend or main roster guy. Ditto for JBL who I think will play a role in NXT in Career Mode, though I'd rather have Regal for that. The Outlaws are also just kinda listed as legends by default as they're no longer acive, I think they're getting in the game because they were the tag champions at the time of cutoff and featured on TV weekly pretty much right up until WM. Roberts and Hall I just kinda threw in as placeholders since they went into the HOF with Warrior this year but really there are a billion legends that could be put in the game interchangeably on a year in, year out basis. Sting will probably be in but technically as a pre-order exclusive, so I won't count him in this list.

Divas

1. AJ Lee
  2. Brie Bella
  3. Cameron
  4. Charlotte
  5. Emma
  6. Naomi
  7. Natalya
  8. Nikki Bella
  9. Paige
  10. Sasha Banks
  11. Summer Rae

I honestly would be fine with no divas in the game since I really never use them, but that won't happen. AJ was the long running divas champion at cutoff, so she gets in along with pretty much everybody from Total Divas, because of course WWE would want to put them in. Paige and Emma are main roster divas now, but I figure they're mainly in for NXT to go against Sasha and Charlotte. Summer Rae could play into that, too. I would think there will be a divas Career mode of some sort so they'd at least want NXT representation.

You have RVD, Los Matadores, Adam Rose, Xavier Woods, etc. all kept aside for a possible DLC pack along with a standard legends DLC pack and possibly even another NXT pack if more people debut sooner rather than later.

Not sure what the point of this was really as the actual roster probably will be way different or the game will have some sort of "theme" we don't yet know about, but whatever.

Edited by Bad News Busch

Some info:

The first WWE 2K15 characters and details for have been revealed.

Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, John Cena, Hulk Hogan and Roman Reigns are the first five superstars to join the game's roster, with Wyatt, Cesaro and Reigns making their debut video game appearances..

Publisher 2K Sports is promising a vast overhaul for the 16th game in the WWE series, with developer Visual Concepts (NBA 2K14) taking on a much larger role alongside regular studio Yukes.

This will be the first game fully handled by 2K: when the studio took over the license from THQ, WWE 2K14 was already partly in development.

According to Game Informer, WWE 2K15 will incorporate Visual Concepts' scanning technique currently used in the NBA 2K series, with superstars who look "leaps and bounds closer to their real-life counterparts".

2K has already scanned 90 per cent of the game's roster, with massive upgrades reported for hair, skin, faces and ring gear.

Other improvements include the use of a new motion-capture studio that will result in five times the number of existing animations, and a new cut-off date for content set months later than in previous games, ensuring the roster and content will be more up-to-date with the WWE programming showing on TV when the game is released.

Finally, commentary is said to have been greatly improved, with Jerry 'The King' Lawler and Michael Cole recording their commentary together for the first time in the series' history, meaning their interactions and conversations will sound more realistic. Each commentator will record over 30 hours of dialogue to ensure repetition is kept to a minimum.

More information on WWE 2K15 is expected to be revealed on Thursday, June 12.

Reigns was in last year's game, no? Either way, the commentary is enough to make me at least consider playing it, hopefully Visual Concepts just keeps pushing Yukes more and more aside in the years to come.

• Like 2

The Game Informer article linked in that has some pretty interesting information too, particularly about how good the models look. Also, they're saying that 30 hours of commentary is per commentator... so a possible 60-70 hours total.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Cesaro being DLC for WWE 13 before being formally on the roster last year. I too went on an uppercutting spree and entered the Rumble at #1 as him just to deliver Swiss Death as often as possible. With Wyatt being one of the first ones announced, hopefully he'll be one of the playable characters once they set up demo booth kiosks at news conferences, etc. I can't wait to see what his entrance looks like.

Come to think, it'll technically be Windham Rotunda's second appearance in the series. Totally forgot Husky Harris made it in to WWE 12.