WWE 2k15

The Buscher

This looks like we might have a new HereComesThePain/ShoutYourMouth/WhicheverSmackDownGameYouLikedBest on our hands. Especially the moved cut-off date. One of the reasons why I didn't buy the last 2 games was that they didn't get the rosters right (Cesaro missing from WWE '13, No Wyatt in WWE '14...).

And hopefully they'll re-do Scott Hall for the game. The one in the last game looked terrible.

Yeah, just judging by the early details, it's looking like 2K totally taking over might be a huge game changer for the first time since the early SD! games

I always count Know Your Role as the most innovative, as far as being able to customize CAWs and such, but HCTP was probably my favorite. After that, it's more iteration than innovation, aside from some control changes here and there and the submission systems.

I'm hoping Royal Rumble is more fun this year.

God, I'm hoping they use the approach that makes NBA 2K's commentary so solid, and honestly, there's a lot of promise if Visual Concepts is really up for it. It might not be perfect, but maybe playing with storyline history would give it the backstory that fills most of the time in NBA 2K matchups.

• Like 1

The only thing that I can think of to innovate is something along the lines of having a sliding scale damage system, where it takes a lot more earlier in the match to do anything and the more people come in/are eliminated - that's when you start to see finishers build up fast and more damage being done. It kind of fits the pacing of a Rumble match more - maybe not in reality as periods of nothing/elimination tend to come and go at an unpredictable pace - but it might help the game version feel a bit different, allow the ring to fill up, etc.

I miss the days when a bunch of throws, tosses, suplexes and bombs could be used to just chuck someone out.

I know 'I love the No Mercy approach' is cliche, but I love the No Mercy approach of just timing your strikes correctly when someone's by the ropes. Combine that with a few press slams etc and I'd be happy, much as it looks accurate the button mashing push over the top is no fun in game.

I miss the days when a bunch of throws, tosses, suplexes and bombs could be used to just chuck someone out.

That would be awesome. But was it ever possible in the SmackDown series to throw someone out of the ring with your normal moves? Maybe in the first two games for the PSX. But I can't remember it on any of the PS2 games and onwards.

I'd also love to see the old RAW and SmackDown sets as unlockables. Especially the giant fist set. I find the current WWE HD set they use on every show now very boring. I get why they're having it, but the differents sets gave SmackDown and RAW more of a unique touch. And the giant fist set was just so awesome. Was it possible to re-build the giant fist set in the create an arena mode in the last game?

And in Hardcore matches I'd like to go backstage again. Like in the early games. I hate it that you had to specificaly choose a backstage area to brawl in and couldn't go anywhere else in the last few games. I know backstage brawling doesn't happen at all in today's WWE but a return of that feature would be nice.

Futhermore I'd like to see the return of the slobberknocker match. I think the last game had a variation of it where you had to defent the streak of the Undertaker which was pretty mutch a slobberknocker match. But could you use it with other wreslters too?

That would be awesome. But was it ever possible in the SmackDown series to throw someone out of the ring with your normal moves? Maybe in the first two games for the PSX. But I can't remember it on any of the PS2 games and onwards.

I'd also love to see the old RAW and SmackDown sets as unlockables. Especially the giant fist set. I find the current WWE HD set they use on every show now very boring. I get why they're having it, but the differents sets gave SmackDown and RAW more of a unique touch. And the giant fist set was just so awesome. Was it possible to re-build the giant fist set in the create an arena mode in the last game?

And in Hardcore matches I'd like to go backstage again. Like in the early games. I hate it that you had to specificaly choose a backstage area to brawl in and couldn't go anywhere else in the last few games. I know backstage brawling doesn't happen at all in today's WWE but a return of that feature would be nice.

Futhermore I'd like to see the return of the slobberknocker match. I think the last game had a variation of it where you had to defent the streak of the Undertaker which was pretty mutch a slobberknocker match. But could you use it with other wreslters too?

SVR07 you could do that modular press-slam thing and you could toss people out of the ring.