WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Apparently AJ Lee's confirmed too, so that's something.

Found this paragraph of points as well, apparently from someone who spoke to 2K and got shown some of it.

• Five characters have been announced for the game: Bray Wyatt, John Cena, Cesaro, Roman Reigns and Classic Hulk Hogan. 2K has promised that the roster will be among the best a WWE video game has offered yet.
  • The focus this year is on next-gen: the way it looks, the way it plays, and the way it sounds.
  • Yuke’s and Visual Concepts are working together properly for the first time after 2K picked up the license mid-way through the last game's development cycle.
  • One of the main goals is to create the most realistic superstars ever. Current gen will also be updated and there's an obvious step up from 14 to this year's game. Textures are better - even small things like the material on clothes has improved - and Daniel Bryan's beard in particular has had a pleasing upgrade...
  • Next-gen, on the other hand, is a different beast entirely. While only shown a John Cena character model, it looks incredible. A small tech demo of Cena's face pulling some expressions almost looks real. You can even see the dimples on his face. 2K has also confirmed that the game's lighting will be reworked.
  • Core gameplay has evolved too, the aim being to try and move away from the idea that the franchise is 'a fighting game with WWE Superstars in it' to a 'wrestling game'.
  • It will have 5x more animations vs any other year to make transitions smoother and to ensure the game plays better - the idle states from before will be eliminated.
  • The ultimate goal is to replicate what you see on WWE TV. While there has been a tendency to aim for a hardcore simulation experience, 2K is aware that not every WWE match plays out in such a fashion. To try and achieve this blend of matches, the development team is using a mo-cap studio with an actual WWE ring. An individual is flown out from WWE to set up the 'squared circled' as they would at an actual show and talent are being used so everything is as close to the in-ring product as possible.
  • All sound effects have been re-recorded for WWE 2K15. For example, if a guy gets backdropped in the game, the backdrop sound has been captured in the aforementioned ring.
  • Commentary has been changed with Michael Cole and Jerry 'The King' Lawyer on announcing duties. Their dialogue was recorded at the same time so it sounds more like they're calling a match instead of canned lines. 30-35 hours of voice have been recorded for each of them with 5x as many lines as there have ever been in a WWE game.
  • WWE 2K15 is out 21 October in North America and 23 October in Europe.
  • Like 5

I miss the days when a bunch of throws, tosses, suplexes and bombs could be used to just chuck someone out.

I don't see why they cant add that as a feature simalar to the catch finishers, have a look through the moves see which are logical to be "throw" moves then if they are set as a signature or finisher and their done in an area near the ropes maybe combine with the directional controls so if you do a signature throwing powerbomb near the ropes and hold to the ropes they get thrown out, maybe even have a counter to this where they grab the ropes and automatically drag you out.

Sting's been confirmed as the pre-order bonus.

It's been rumoured for months, but that's genuinely massive news and quite exciting. Top stuff.

Add me to the "always created a big guy with the Awesome Bomb" group on Smackdown 2 or whatever others it was where you could use that in the Rumble. Was always a lot of fun.

As for Slobberknockers, that's basically what "Defend The Streak" is in '14, and you can unlock the actual Slobberknocker match too - IIRC just by beating X number of people in Defend The Streak.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So John Cena is on the cover, huh? It makes sense as he is the face of the company. The only thing I don't like about the cover is that it is so bland.

I other WWE 2k15 news:
Goldberg was asked on Twitter if he will be in the game. He said he isn't. So no WCW mode as I doubt that they would do that without him. Hopefully we get as few legends as possible.

@https://twitter.com/Goldberg/status/483691972608413697

I had the same thought several times. Usually we do have at least dome screenshots around June/July. They're definitely trying to keep us in suspense. Don't know if that is a good thing though. We're either extremely surprised or extremely disappointed.

So John Cena is on the cover, huh? It makes sense as he is the face of the company. The only thing I don't like about the cover is that it is so bland.

From what i heared its was planed like this from the second bryan was injured. Cena winning his 15th championchip and being on the cover of WWE 2k15 is no coincident so be ready to hear more about it untill Brock murders him at summerslam. >_>

• 2 weeks later...