WWE 2k15

The Buscher

It sounds awesome to me, if it's done right. The grappling in the WWE series with Yukes got long in the tooth at some point. It felt like a spam-fest in multiplayer and just kinda got dry in single-player. It was fun to play, still, kinda, but seldom did matches feel like wrestling matches. If it's anything like Fire Pro, say, I'm properly excited. At the very least, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, I agree. Bigger moves unlocking further in the match is more realistic and just more fun. After a while in WWE '13, I'd just end up having the same match where as soon as the bell rings, I'd do a running grapple and go from there. This sounds a lot more fun. I love that the guy called it a "wrestling sim". That's what I want in a WWE 2k game. There are games like Legends of WrestleMania to play if I want arcade fun.

WWE aired a CM Punk documentary the day he officially stopped being an employee.

Stop acting like for some reason WWE is completely whitewashing CM Punk and hate his guts in every possible way. It's still business, CM Punk is a huge name and they know that among the WWE gamers CM Punk is a huge fucking deal.

Business is business, CM Punk is money even when he's not wrestling for them.

Slow your roll. I didn't say anything of the sort. I more making a point that it seems odd to prominently feature a guy who isn't under contract to you and still 'active'. They possibly could have saved the Cena/Punk storyline if they didn't want to delete what they already had for DLC and include something else as a on-disc story.

<br><br>

That's the problem with making a realistic wrestling game. It's not quite a sport/fighting game, but it's not quite a story led action game. Each match in real life tell a story and concludes in a very set way. Sort of like the final show down in a Die Hard film; John McClane and the bad guy battle back and forth, bad guy gets upper hand, McClane somehow gets the better of him. It's hard to accurately convey this without making the match a scripted event like say certain parts of an Uncharted game. The way it is now doesn't convey either the sport of story telling aspect of a match well, it just ends up being you hammering moves, like the article stated. What they've said of the new style definitely seems like a step towards the "complete experience" of wrestling in a manner like Fire Pro, as mentioned by Will.

I think the King of Colosseum games, and even No Mercy to a degree, did "momentum" quite well. It was rudimentary, but it was rad. And I don't remember the feature's name, but the signature "momentum building" feature in this game was a small step in the right direction. We're never gonna get a "true" recreation of WWE matches without us playing the game to try to make stories out of matches, but this does indeed sound like an awesome step in the right direction.