WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Yeah, not too worried yet. The in-ring action seems to be improved and really I expected that to be 2k's primary focus with their first full go at making the game. In fairness though, the videos would need to look straight up atrocious or MyCareer mode would need to sound awful or something for me to not get this. I need a wrestling game for my PS4, even if it's the last one I get for a couple of years. :(

• Like 1

It seems odd that they'd use an old build at an event based almost entirely around the idea of showing the game off to the press and the public. Plenty of other developers have claimed to have done the same thing, but the whole "it's an early build" stance often comes across as a fall-back statement in case people aren't overly impressed with what they've seen or played. I'd certainly expect Visual Concepts to tidy things up a little before the game is released, but there also won't be enough time for any kind of significant shift in overall gameplay style, so what we're seeing now probably won't be miles away from the finished product.

I'd be willing to wait a few months if it weren't for the damn Sting pre-order bonus. If I knew I could have Sting later on, I'd be ok waiting.

They have traditionally released the preorder bonus the following January.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to wait a few months if it weren't for the damn Sting pre-order bonus. If I knew I could have Sting later on, I'd be ok waiting.

They have traditionally released the preorder bonus the following January.

I bought 2K14 when Game reduced the price to £20 during December and got the Warrior code with it, I'm pretty sure if they dont get enough pre-orders to cover their stock they just sell them as regular versions.

Apparently Punk's face wasn't scanned and looks very off.

The new 2K Showcase mode (announced last week) is based on the rivalries between CM Punk and John Cena and Triple H and Shawn Michaels. We got to see the opening video package for Punk/Cena and, with WWE's excellent production team onboard, it got me super hyped all over again for their historic Money In The Bank 2011 championship match in which Punk threatened to leave the company with the title. Spoiler alert: He only left in the "storyline" at that time. Today, he has parted ways with WWE in real life, so unfortunately 2K was not able to get him in front of its scanners. I'm sure in a previous WWE game CM Punk's character model would blend in with the rest, but when everything else looks this good his face is noticeably off.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wwe_2k15/b/playstation4/archive/2014/08/15/wwe-2k15-first-hands-on.aspx

They could viably get him in, 2K is not connected to WWE in that aspect and since WWE have given the ok to include Punk 2K could just ask him to be scanned for the game.

And here is a shot of the selection screen

10590557_10153060627642729_7830987430690

Edited by TheWho87

I'm really interested in seeing the roster tomorrow. Hopefully there are a few legends (I believe Stone Cold and Diesel were confirmed along with HBK) but mostly it's the current roster. NXT's gotten a lot bigger this year so I feel like we're going to at least get the top people from there (champions, Zayn, Breeze, etc.) If not, DLC for sure down the line. Not sure of the number of Divas in other games, but I can see all of them except Tamina, Rosa, Alicia and maybe Layla getting in. Total Divas (7) + AJ, Paige and Emma?

Edited by Tyrone

The "theory" I've seen bounced around is that the roster for the 2K Supercard app is going to wind up being the same roster for WWE 2k15, plus Sting and CM Punk.

That'd be kinda funny if 2K unofficially announced the roster early via the app. The active roster does seem like it'd be pretty spot on, the only real WTF inclusion being David Otunga. I have to admit I'd laugh if he somehow made it into the game again despite not appearing on camera in about a year and a half except for a cameo in the battle royal at WM 30. I'd be really surprised if the legends list from Supercard wound up being the same in 2K15 though though. There also are ton of legends in the app, and you know guys like Hogan, Austin, etc. are givens every year. But many of them seem to have been selected based on their inclusion in last year's game. I'm sorry but is anybody really clamoring for Big John Studd, Virgil, or Sgt. Slaughter to make it into another video game? Would far rather have a decent NXT contingent over a bunch of legends.