WWE 2k15

The Buscher

It doesn't matter if you specifically don't use CAWs, a lot of other people do. And it's been a staple of WWE games since what, Warzone? Limiting it now is just another case of removing features without giving a good reason why. If we could have 50-100 on Xbox 360, you should be able to have 200 on Xbox One. "Well the character models are so much more detailed now." And? These consoles are supposed to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more powerful, they should be able to handle it.

Just another case of these next-gen consoles not really being all that next-gen, coupled with the laziness that has plagued this series from day one. First cutting Story Designer, now this... it's 2014, stop preventing people from playing games like this the way they want to play them.

• Like 1

The creation stuff, especially CAW, have always been big features in the series so it's a shame to see it drop down and won't be spending as much time browsing for things on the community creations now but overall I'l get over it. I like the idea of MyCareer mode (here's hoping it doesn't disappoint in practice...) and the showcases seem to come across as a decent evolution of "Attitude Mode" and it's ilk, alongside a tweaked Universe mode I'm happy and probably not going to miss create a finisher too much.

This is essentially the test version of the game going over to next gen so not expecting perfection but it looks like steps in the right direction for me. MyCareer has things like a morality system (more direct control over heel/face turns?) and a star system coming in, which while I'm apprehensive about implementation at the moment could be a couple of nice features going forward after the inevitable tweaking they'll need.

If they're going to animate subtle things like calling spots I'd be disappointed if you don't do a promo where you advertise the network, although the persistent "ONLY 9.99 :w00t: " thing might have been just outside the deadlines on all the recording, thereby improving the commentary when comparing it with the real world product.

It doesn't matter if you specifically don't use CAWs, a lot of other people do. And it's been a staple of WWE games since what, Warzone? Limiting it now is just another case of removing features without giving a good reason why. If we could have 50-100 on Xbox 360, you should be able to have 200 on Xbox One. "Well the character models are so much more detailed now." And? These consoles are supposed to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more powerful, they should be able to handle it.

Just another case of these next-gen consoles not really being all that next-gen, coupled with the laziness that has plagued this series from day one. First cutting Story Designer, now this... it's 2014, stop preventing people from playing games like this the way they want to play them.

These consoles also only came out less than a year ago, Yukes have never made a game for them, Visual Concepts have made 2 games for them, the new engine has been built from the ground up and for the first time in years there's an actual story/career mode. All of that for one reason or another means that naturally the game's won't be utilizing the full power and potential of those consoles. You're coming into this expecting them to just magically be able to get the most out of something that for them, is brand new.

It would be very surprising if their weren't more CAW spots in the next instalment of the game, as Yukes and VC get to focus on building on the foundations that they're making with this game.

• Like 3

These consoles also only came out less than a year ago, Yukes have never made a game for them, Visual Concepts have made 2 games for them, the new engine has been built from the ground up and for the first time in years there's an actual story/career mode. All of that for one reason or another means that naturally the game's won't be utilizing the full power and potential of those consoles. You're coming into this expecting them to just magically be able to get the most out of something that for them, is brand new.

It would be very surprising if their weren't more CAW spots in the next instalment of the game, as Yukes and VC get to focus on building on the foundations that they're making with this game.

I can't really see how what you're saying makes any sense in regards to limiting the number of CAW slots. A new engine doesn't explain it, a new story/career mode doesn't explain it as neither have anything to do with CAW slots, like in the least.

The only explanation that makes it justifiable is if there is a limit to how much HDD space a game is allowed to take up and due to the increased textures and coming to grips with new consoles they can't yet find a way to limit the space each CAW takes up.

Edited by Quom
  • Like 2

Well the reason they gave is "PS3/360 players will have 100 CAW slots. For PS4/XB1 players, there will be 25 slots, which pushes first party limits given the visual fidelity of the Superstars. We are working hard to increase this number in the future." which suggests to me that the work they've done with create-a-wrestler to improve the quality of the characters, has resulted in the trade off being that there is less space for higher amounts of them. Which seems fair enough to me?

Like whether people are happy about it or not, I just don't believe they went about it and just thought "ah fuck 'em, leave it at 25, let's wrap this shit up." and limited it at that for no proper reason. They've hinted at the reason there with that reply to a question.

Also it seems a bit simplistic to say to say "we had 100 on 360, therefore should have 200 on One.". In a few years when developers get to grips with the technology and what they can do with it I'm sure there will be much more space available for it and many more slots, but you just have to look at the 360/PS3 games to see the difference between games released early in it's life cycle compared to the ones toward the end. Compare the first Uncharted to the last one, or to The Last of Us. Or GTA 4 to GTA 5 and you can see that over time developers were able to push the limits and get more and more of the technology, it'll be no different here.

People are too quick to vilify game developers all the time, as if taking out a feature or limiting it is just down to them being snidey rather than a technical limitation.

• Like 6

The biggest problem with games coming out with less features on the current-gen systems isn't that they have less features. It's that there is no communication as to the why's and how's of the situation, and when there is, it's way too vague. There needs to be more transparency from the developers about what's happening.

There's a rumor going around that editing superstars will take up a CAW slot, and I've seen several people claim that it's been verified by 2K... however, in the same Q & A that everyone is taking this from as fact, it was never stated that it was the case. I've tweeted out to 2K asking for verification one way or the other, but it's amazing how some people take these rumors as fact without any actual proof. I've yet to see anyone post the quoted response where 2K said that was the case... and yet everyone is still losing their shit about it.

If it's true, it's a total bummer... but it's still not NHL 15 levels of bad.

• Like 4

People are too quick to vilify game developers all the time, as if taking out a feature or limiting it is just down to them being snidey rather than a technical limitation.

Developers are too quick to assume I'm going to pay $60 for a game with less features than the version that came out a year ago.

Look, I know there's no group with a worse entitlement complex than gamers, but these are problems that have plagued this series for.fucking.ever. And the response is always "well, that'll be in next year." Then it is, but they cut other features in the process. They had 7 games to finally get it right on the 360/PS3 and they never did. Don't get me wrong, there were a couple iterations of the game I liked, but they've never been able to create a game that has anything resembling staying power. I'm tired of "let's get 'em next year!" just make a great fucking game already.

• Like 2

WWE 2K17 won't feature any actual wrestlers.

and it'll still be better than Pro Wrestling X

...wait, is that STILL a thing?

At this point it's been in limbo about as long as Duke Nukem Forever, but yes, it's still a thing that is totally going to be released any day now even though there's like ten seconds of total footage for it and it's just some really shit animations that make that Serious Parody game look stellar in comparison.

I'm no tech expert but surely having a huge number of detailed CAWs on a save file is going to be taxing on processing power, regardless of disk space even if they're not actually being used?

I always hated they way in previous games if you even highlighted a CAW on the character select screen it'd pause and take a good 10+ seconds to even load that. I'd imagine they're just trying to get everything running as smooth as possible for their first next-gen adventure. It'll be possible to get around, but there's only so much they can do in however many months of the year they actually have to develop these games.

Also, I'm 100% happy with the fact that they decided to use the time they had to make MyCareer.

• Like 1