WWE 2k15

The Buscher

No Diva CAWS is gonna cause some problems.

What....the....fuck?

So I can't even create myself now?

You can, but it has to be in the form of your 7'3, 350lbs but able to do a 450 corkscrew moonsault as a transition move, rated 99 for everything alter ego...

• Admin

And of course that's the big problem.

There isn't ever going to be a perfect WWE game because it'd defeat the point of buying another game.

So we'll always be two steps forward two steps back, even though it's moved from Yukes.

Wait until next year removes NXT mode or something else to 'balance' it.

Or, is actually the reality, you can't make a perfect WWE game because everyone's idea of the perfect WWE game is actually different.

The restrictions are the very reason I cancelled my pre-order and won't get the game on release. I recognize that 2K likely needed to make concessions and stuff but $60 is too much to plop down for a game when I'm not sure yet if I'll get the same kind of replayability I even had on last year's title where I was able to do pretty much anything with the CAW spots allowed. I'll get a used copy later and hopefully by 2k16 they'll get CAWs back up to 50.

As far as the 25 slots go for CAW, I'm pretty sure that's because the CAWs are going to be more graphically detailed so there isn't room for more.

On the 500 GB hard drive? Not to drag this whole thing, if its not a deal breaker for you then that's cool. But I can't see how anybody can deny the laziness of that restriction. Its not a cartridge game. Unlimited save slots should be autonmatic now that we're in the second generation of large hard drive consoles.

• Like 2

As far as the 25 slots go for CAW, I'm pretty sure that's because the CAWs are going to be more graphically detailed so there isn't room for more.

On the 500 GB hard drive? Not to drag this whole thing, if its not a deal breaker for you then that's cool. But I can't see how anybody can deny the laziness of that restriction. Its not a cartridge game. Unlimited save slots should be autonmatic now that we're in the second generation of large hard drive consoles.

I dunno if it's the same now, but developers previously had a cap on how much hard drive space their games could take up. The models haven't been compressed to a point where they take up a small enough amount to increase the amount available.

No Diva CAWS is gonna cause some problems.

What....the....fuck?

So I can't even create myself now?

Soon as I read about no Diva CAWs I thought about how pissed half the fanbase is going to be because they can't make themselves. That's the best thing about having a CAW mode!

They want to come out with something every year to tide you over to the next. As far as the 25 slots go for CAW, I'm pretty sure that's because the CAWs are going to be more graphically detailed so there isn't room for more.

That gave me a chuckle. They don't release a game every year to 'tide you over'. They release a game every year because it's more profitable to do so and they know that no matter the state of the game there are enough people willing to pre-order and purchase the game to make it worth doing so.

I'm not saying that's the wrong thing to do, it now seems accepted and ingrained in the culture. I'm not going to defend a company because I feel they have made shitty decisions (like having important DLC as a pre-order). But at the same point consumers need to realise that if they're willing to pay for things no matter what state they are in, then there is less motivation to create and innovate and further develop the game.

• Like 2

Holy shit 6 of them!

I get building it from the ground up means some sacrifices have to be made. Create an event and PPV and finisher being gone is whatever. But decisions like no Divas in CAW and 25 CAW slots just seem like lazy design.

Yeah. That's really in their best interest, to be lazy y'know?

Holy shit 6 of them!

I get building it from the ground up means some sacrifices have to be made. Create an event and PPV and finisher being gone is whatever. But decisions like no Divas in CAW and 25 CAW slots just seem like lazy design.

See? Apsham can't explain it easier.

Holy shit 6 of them!

It's in their best interest to get the game out on a yearly basis. Knowing that no matter the state the game is in it will sell is hardly motivation to put a massive team on it and to really bust their arse.

Likewise if they come up with 10 new features it makes far more sense to implement one a year than to put all 10 in the next iteration since they then need to eclipse it the following year.

• Like 6

I was kinda joking earlier but the more I think about it the more the lack of female CAW's makes me mad. This is kind of a dealbreaker for me. I know Christopher will think differently and we will probably get it before the end of the year but if it were my choice I would wait til it was $20 if then

• Like 6

Holy shit 6 of them!

It's in their best interest to get the game out on a yearly basis. Knowing that no matter the state the game is in it will sell is hardly motivation to put a massive team on it and to really bust their arse.

Likewise if they come up with 10 new features it makes far more sense to implement one a year than to put all 10 in the next iteration since they then need to eclipse it the following year.

But that seems to be precisely what they have done? Considering this version seems to have had more of an overhaul with big changes in the game for the first time in however the fuck long.

To withhold features so you can add them next year to generate further sales for the next iteration is alright to say, but when the suggestion is that they're withholding features that have been in literally every past version of the game include the last-gen version of THIS game then at some point you have to think that not only would that be a really lousy thing to use as a selling point for next years iteration of the game by throwing them all back in, but more that there is a legitimate reason they aren't in the next-gen version in the first place.

I really don't understand the "I can't see how anybody can deny the laziness of that restriction" position either, because I can very easily do that having literally zero knowledge about what it takes to create a video game for a Playstation 4 or an Xbox One, not a single clue, and until recently neither did they, therefore it's easy for me to accept that there are legitimate reasons besides simply putting it down to laziness.

This. It's on a theoretical, passer-by basis that everyone is deciding to judge the decisions and work put into this game and it's total bullshit. Make snarky jokes and comments about me working for 2K all you want - but the industry that I work in deals with shit like this day in and day out, and I'm one hundred percent sure that if people were doing the same with something y'all were passionate about the same kind of thing would be happening.

Of course it's a boon to the next game to have features that the previous one didn't. But it's also impossible to implement all those features anyways and picking and choosing what they're going to put in of course isn't going to make everyone happy but dear god - get some perspective on the issues at hand.

• Like 1

No what they are saying is 'don't worry, all the stuff you loved will be back next year' and people are using it as a way to defend this year's game. It's no different to games like BF4 or for a more recent example AC Unity coming out before they're baked.

Lets put it another way. At school or at work if you are told you need to do A,B,C,D before deadline X, if you complete A, 90% of B, some of C, and say D will get done next time, you aren't congratulated and told that they're still going to use it, either the deadline is moved back with more people put on it or the project will be scrapped.

• Like 4

This. It's on a theoretical, passer-by basis that everyone is deciding to judge the decisions and work put into this game and it's total bullshit. Make snarky jokes and comments about me working for 2K all you want - but the industry that I work in deals with shit like this day in and day out, and I'm one hundred percent sure that if people were doing the same with something y'all were passionate about the same kind of thing would be happening.

Of course it's a boon to the next game to have features that the previous one didn't. But it's also impossible to implement all those features anyways and picking and choosing what they're going to put in of course isn't going to make everyone happy but dear god - get some perspective on the issues at hand.

But you can't even create a female character! This is absurd

• Like 7

But you can't even create a female character! This is absurd

You can pay for other female characters on top of your full priced game though, all hail 2K!

• Like 1