WWE 2k15

The Buscher

I clicked on that link of Sean's.

That picture of Bo Dallas will replace the whale in me nightmares.

I feel like I'm the only one who's actually excited for this. Career mode! Lana!

The way things are going at the moment we're going to need DLC for the current Russia vs Australia feud.

If it's anything like TV, Plubby, Myself and Buddy Murphy still won't be able to best Rusev.

guys let's not harass Austin grinnell please, that post was sarcastic. :P

Edited by SeanDCouturier
  • Like 1

That's my article.

I don't get paid, and even if I did, I have too much integrity to just shill bullshit for money. I'm the loser who says no to money because I don't want to just fuck people over.

I'm legitimately excited for this game, and I do understand the hesitance and disappointment in a lot of you. I just want you to know that no one is trying to fuck you over. Not me. Not 2k. Not the WWE... maybe the WWE.

Created Divas not being in is questionable. I'm not sure why that was omitted, as it is no more difficult than creating male wrestlers. Everything else though, the developer just didn't have time to get to because of this being a yearly franchise.

I would prefer two year development cycles on these games, but I'm not going to get it, and I'm going to get my money's worth from the game, so why wouldn't I buy it?

• Like 1

Because female characters have never been dlc before, nosiree.

They have but this is the first time you can't create any additional women, yet they still charge for Paige who's been the most prominent female wrestler in the past 6 months. That's a slap in the face and I don't understand why people are defending the limitations that are coming out.

Ultimately, the only thing I can do is vote with my wallet and that's what I'll be doing.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's made all the bad things go away.

Although to be honest the only thing I'm really butthurt about is no diva CAWs. I would've bloody loved to have The NXT divas, Sara Del Ray, Kharma and a couple others but its not really a game breaker.

25 caw slots is a bit disappointing but honestly, last year's 100 was too much. It was wonderful but I found myself downloading the likes of Abdullah the Butcher or Spike Dudley and it just really wasn't necessary. As long as the CAWs look as good as 2K are suggesting they do then it's a fair compromise.

No what they are saying is 'don't worry, all the stuff you loved will be back next year' and people are using it as a way to defend this year's game. It's no different to games like BF4 or for a more recent example AC Unity coming out before they're baked.

Lets put it another way. At school or at work if you are told you need to do A,B,C,D before deadline X, if you complete A, 90% of B, some of C, and say D will get done next time, you aren't congratulated and told that they're still going to use it, either the deadline is moved back with more people put on it or the project will be scrapped.

The people who decide what to put in and how to work on the game, are NOT and in this case will never nude the people who decide when it will be released.

No you're right the developers aren't in control. But to change things one of two things need to happen.

Either gaming press need to start being honest in their reviews of yearly iteration sports games (in this case I'm not necessarily talking about WWE 2k15 since it has a new engine which may make it play differently, but in previous ones where it's a roster update and little else) it should receive scores of about 60 across the board since you might as well just keep the one from the year before.

The other option is for people to take a step back and realise they don't need to buy every game because it's new and has had a good PR campaign. Do you really need a game that is an audition for next year? Do you really want to accept and implicitly encourage publishers for half baked games? If reviews and gamers make it clear that a roster update and new coat of paint doesn't cut it for a full price release then publishers might need to spend a bit more money on making the game rather than the PR and marketing costs.

• Like 4