The Capital One Cup thread 2014/15

Lineker

Not really sure. I went to the FA Cup game there in January and I find myself idly considering how best to spend my money in the run-up to Christmas.

If it's on TV (note: it will almost definitely not be on TV), then I won't go. If it's not on TV...I shall just have to wait and see what my mood's like when the tickets go on sale.

Not really sure. I went to the FA Cup game there in January and I find myself idly considering how best to spend my money in the run-up to Christmas.

If it's on TV (note: it will almost definitely not be on TV), then I won't go. If it's not on TV...I shall just have to wait and see what my mood's like when the tickets go on sale.

I stand corrected:

Our Capital One Cup quarter-final tie away to Derby County will be played on Tuesday 16 December.

Kick-off at the iPro Stadium is 7.45pm UK time. Sky Sports will be broadcasting the match live.

That was the worst performance I've seen from City in ages. Fearing the worst for the derby.

Also whoever that Newcastle player was who decided to WALK BACK ON TO THE PITCH TO TIE HIS FUCKING LACES in the 40th minute at our corner, he can fuck right off.

Can a Man City defeat and shit performance ever just be a Man City defeat and shit performance? Usually it's "grrr Referee!". But seeing as the ref didn't give two stonewall, Newcastle penalties it's "grr minor inconsequential moment that had no impact on anything whatsoever!"

Oh cock off.

I clearly mentioned how shit we played. Just because something that obviously had no impact on the game annoyed the hell out of me and I happened to mention it, you decide to jump all over me. At least Colly gave a decent reason for what went down.

Leave it out.

Also, it's Southampton's year.

Also also, did all quarter finals end up on Sky last year or am I imagining things?

Edited by Hughes
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just turned on. What the fuck happened to Zouma?

Got caught in the head on the follow-through of Cech rushing out to punch the ball clear.

Someone may have to remind Ivanovic at half-time that today he's being a centreback and needs to keep a lid on his Super Wing-Back Ivanovic mode.

Somewhat confused. At first I thought the goalkeeper had been flagged for exiting the area (which, after all of Tim Howard's antics, I thought I'd never see given against a keeper again). Apparently not - the defender is sent off for obstructing Remy. There is definitely a foul in there (he's got an arm firmly across Remy's front), and the only question is if Remy could have otherwise got a toe to the ball ahead of the onrushing keeper. Slim margins, but I could see a case for it both ways (although if the defender's not guilty, presumably the keeper would then HAVE to be penalised for handling outside the box...).

EDIT: Boom. Shirley. Game over. :D

Brad Jones remains in goal for Liverpool against Bournemouth. Three changes from the side that lost 3-0 to Man United at the weekend, as Glen Johnson, Joe Allen and Alberto Moreno are replaced by Kolo Toure, Lucas Leiva and Lazar Markovic.

Confirmed @afcbournemouth line-up v #LFC: Boruc, Francis, Elphick, Cargill, Smith, Ritchie, O'Kane, Gosling, Stanislas, Kermorgant, Wilson

Confirmed @afcbournemouth subs v #LFC: Camp, Cook, Daniels, Arter, MacDonald, Fraser, Pitman

Confirmed #LFC line-up v @afcbournemouth: Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Lucas, Sterling, Markovic

Confirmed #LFC subs v @afcbournemouth: Mignolet, Lambert, Sakho, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Borini