The Capital One Cup thread 2014/15

Lineker

I think also the numbers add up to have 7 teams through to the third round and 15 through to the second round. It's why the two highest placed relegated teams also start from the second round I believe.

In the case of needing 7, it makes sense to have the European-qualified teams advance to the 3rd round, especially since Arsenal, Spurs and Hull (if the latter two get that far) have European qualifiers that midweek too.

What a fucking mess that draw was. Do they usually have seedings in the League Cup?

Gillingham away. Pretty sure we'll find a way to lose that.

They have seedings now? When did that happen. Normally its you just draw whoever.

Seedings are new I think. Who knows why they added it, but my guess is to do with what Mad Jack said, and weed out the L1/L2 clubs so they don't get fatigued with a massive LC run alongside a JPT run.

Or it could be so the third round is an all PL/Championship thing, cause more money.

Jesus. Up until 2000-01 the first two rounds were two legged and up until 93-94 draws would be replayed (like in the FA Cup).

Looking at a potential 100 games or so there.

You've gone even more mad Mad Jack. Even Madder Jack.

• 2 weeks later...