The Capital One Cup thread 2014/15

Lineker

At a certain it just becomes hilarious, even as an United fan.

Transfer window closes Sunday (Monday maybe?), any chance we can get an entire new squad by then? >_>

Van Gaal has said that Manchester United won't be signing anyone else......So no.

Funniest thing I've seen relating to the United game.

"I just killed a stranger on live TV, unmasked, while showing off my drivers licence and passport, screaming that I'm glad I did it. About to walk into a police station to confirm I'm glad the guy is dead and ask for some water to clean my bloodied hands.

I'll still have a better defence than United."

I can't decide whether he's just decided to sod the competition, or whether he just didn't have a clue what he was doing when he replaced a leaderless team of youngsters with yet more leaderless youngsters. It's like he's seen how Wenger handles the League Cup and not understood it whatsoever.

From a wider point of view, they've not started well in the league, they don't play again until the weekend, so why not give his senior players a chance to build some confidence? He's only been there a few months, so odds are he's not overly familiar with the team he put out today.

tl:dr, Van Gaal out!

I can't decide whether he's just decided to sod the competition, or whether he just didn't have a clue what he was doing when he replaced a leaderless team of youngsters with yet more leaderless youngsters. It's like he's seen how Wenger handles the League Cup and not understood it whatsoever.

From a wider point of view, they've not started well in the league, they don't play again until the weekend, so why not give his senior players a chance to build some confidence? He's only been there a few months, so odds are he's not overly familiar with the team he put out today.

The flipside is that if he played the strongest starting 11 and someone got injured (like Kagawa did today but someone more important to the first team) everyone would be asking him why he played a needlessly strong team against a League 1 side.

He couldn't win, which is great because on paper this is the easiest game he'll play this season and they got tonked 4-0.

Don't know why you're all acting like Di Maria has dropped a clanger or something. He can just spend the year dossing in Manchester and move again when they finish 8th, ensuring he gets another golden handshake worth a few mill. He knows what he's doing.

The flipside is that if he played the strongest starting 11 and someone got injured (like Kagawa did today but someone more important to the first team) everyone would be asking him why he played a needlessly strong team against a League 1 side.

He couldn't win, which is great because on paper this is the easiest game he'll play this season and they got tonked 4-0.

I don't buy that at all, one 'I take the cups seriously' would be all he needed in case of a freak injury. The only other reason would be a demand from above to massively prioritise the league, but those players need a win, and throwing in a Fletcher, Carrick or a vaguely competent centre half (I'm not saying play a full first team) could've given the season an early lift rather than a massive blow like this.