Wrestling/Booking Revolution

EWRDrCube

They're a lot of fun for what they're worth. I dug the interaction you could have with weapons & all the match types. But this was also in an era where wrestling games on consoles were very very limited. Are his games still over priced tho?

• 2 weeks later...

actually he made them all free for a reason that only makes sense in his mind.

but yeah, they were okay for doing wacky cartoonish deathmatches, but not much else.

• 3 years later...

Okay - the new game that's out on Steam, I've already posted about it but my god.

I'm doing a career as Cesaro and as a champion in Strong Style Wrestling I got put into a cage shoot fight with Ken Shamrock.

I beat him, he said that the ending was bullshit and I should restart it. I did.
I beat him, the referee said that he didn't feel right about the ending so he restarted it even though Dan Severn ran in.
I beat him, the referee said the owner wanted the match resterted.
I lost him when I "tapped out" to an armbar with 1/5 health.

• Like 6

I worked the rest of the year with the company, keeping the title the whole time but in January they cancelled a PPV and a TV taping right afterwards and then I got offered a contract with the WWE-like company, All American Wrestling. On my first night I beat Miz for the United States title and then Stephanie proceeded to ask me to be a referee for a single match for 2.5 times my nightly salary. That match?

Paul Bearer vs. John Cena

I made sure Bearer won.

This is the best 10 dollars I've ever spent.

• Like 4

I absolutely loved it. Got booked in a mad death match as my own character in career vs John Cena. One thing let to another and something exploded so my leg got blown off. I obviously won the match, and went on as a one legged wrestler. They then renamed me "God's Son" so I guess I was religious as well? Excellent game.

EDIT: I also took a bad batch of steroids. Put that in WWE 2K18!

MDickie is... interesting. It's clear that the game is his and his alone because at some point he said "instead of making sure that __ can't happen" he just said fuck it and let anything happen. Distinction between your owner and wrestler? Nope - they could just as randomly come up to you backstage and start a street fight just as much as anyone else, hit two buttons to rebuild a broken table? Sure why not.

• Like 3