It's like Christmas eve! The night before the NHL Entry Draft!!! I know I'm not supposed to start this thread until tomorrow, but hey...I'm the Playoff champion, I can do what I want.

Here are some bold predictions that we can laugh at later in the year:

-PK Subban's contract doesn't get done until September. Max length, over 9 per year.

-ROR doesn't sign until mid-late August. 4 year deal.

-Spezza traded to the Blues

-Kesler traded to the Rangers

-Ottawa doesn't make the playoffs

-The Leafs start off hot, fizzle out in January/February, but just squeak into the playoffs

-St. Louis wins the cup

-The Sharks crumble...this time before the playoffs.

There are rumors gaining some momentum that the Flyers are going to trade up tonight. A bunch of rumors have them moving allllllll the way up to #1 and getting Ekblad.

I would absolutely love to get Ekblad and have a stud defenseman for 15-20 years. Something the Flyers have never had.

• Like 1

It would probably cost them Schenn and multiple first rounders to move up.

I'm perfectly fine with the Leafs picking where they are. To move up a few spots would probably cost Gardiner plus picks, and I think the Leafs need to keep both. I don't think the Leafs have the assets to get the top pick.

Edited by Toe

I saw a rumor yesterday that it would cost them:

Luke Schenn, two firsts, Lecavalier (I can only hope), Morin or Hagg, Akeson, Leier, and I think another prospect as well.

That's a lot of prospects to give up, but like I said, if Ekblad is on the blue line for the next couple of decades and becomes a top player, I'm all for it.

I've heard that Ekblad is only supposed to be a very good #2, not a #1. And I don't know, that sounds like a quality for quantity type pick...I doubt Florida would do that, especially when they said they would only move down to #8 or higher.

Dreger is saying that Ryan Kesler to Anaheim is done, and we're just awaiting the details on the deal.

Good for him, if he really wanted out. Anaheim must have given up a lot though, for the Canucks to deal him within the division.

EDIT: It's apparently Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa and the 24th Overall Pick heading back to Vancouver. Not a bad return, especially considering that Kesler was in the driver's seat in regards to which teams were in play.

Now, do either of these players or the 24th pick get packaged in a deal to move up in the draft?

EDIT 2: The teams are also swapping third round picks as part of the deal.

Adding Sbisa means Jason Garrison goes immediately to Tampa for the Lightning's second round pick. Vancouver threw in a 7th and some minor league rights.

I don't think it's the jackpot Vancouver fans will have wanted but the options being exceedingly limited handcuffed them quite a bit. Seems like they're just dumping as much cap as possible to go shopping in the next week.

Edited by caucasianheat

Vancouver is busy.

They pick up the 50th Overall pick from Tampa Bay in exchange for Jason Garrison, Jeff Costello and Van's 7th rounder next year.

EDIT: Pierre McGuire thinks that the Canucks are clearing cap space to make a run at Tyler Myers out of Buffalo.

Vancouver is busy.

They pick up the 50th Overall pick from Tampa Bay in exchange for Jason Garrison, Jeff Costello and Van's 7th rounder next year.

EDIT: Pierre McGuire thinks that the Canucks are clearing cap space to make a run at Tyler Myers out of Buffalo.

I just read that. Come on Vancouver, let other people make some trades.

Dorsett strikes me as a depth signing. He's got one year left on his deal to prove his worth to Canucks management, but I don't think he's somebody you can bring in and expect anything significant from. He'll likely be a $2 million bottom six guy that leaves after the season. Makes me wonder why Benning thinks he's worth a 3rd round pick... unless this is a move to acquire a guy to be packaged in another deal.

Riberio bought out.

Edit:

Mike Kelly ‏@MikeKellyNHL 54s
Hearing Panthers seriously considering an offer from the Maple Leafs for the #1 overall pick. JVR centerpiece with others going to FLA

AHHHH!!!!!! No no no no.